Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gran Tourismo 5 coming out Nov 2
And it features the Top Gear test track with the STIG...

you can see the full trailer including top gear footage at gametralers.com

seriously looking forward to this game..
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

And once it arrives then I'll purhase PS3. Been waiting a long time. Hello Santa Claus?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Holy take forever batman. So glad I bought a Xbox cause Forza 3 is still fun to play.

Maybe by November they'll be another price drop on the PS3 and might be worth the purchase IMO.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
New 360 is coming lol THREAD STEAL

[ed: you do realize I can undo your threadjack, right?]
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

GT5 sure looks pretty, I hope they fix the sound and physics to match.

(06-17-2010, 01:16 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: New 360 is coming lol THREAD STEAL

So far what I've read, not worth it IMO. 250gb and wireless n? Big deal. Maybe throw in Blue Ray and free online play? Oh wait that's a PS3 basically.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Na, I was never a PS person. Always Nintendo but the Xbox changed me for teh better.
And the new 360 looks great and performs better.
My question for you Oscar is have you ever used the Xbox on line before. Rent movies, see music videos, game demos, create and play with ur Avatar, link your facebook, msn yahoo and anything else related to instant msging to it too. Plus more.
But everyone goes they're own path.

(06-17-2010, 05:44 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote:

So far what I've read, not worth it IMO. 250gb and wireless n? Big deal. Maybe throw in Blue Ray and free online play? Oh wait that's a PS3 basically.
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

I was stoked for this game 2 years ago.... postponed postponed and now it has another release date. hopefully this 1 sticks.
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
(06-17-2010, 06:08 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: Na, I was never a PS person. Always Nintendo but the Xbox changed me for teh better.
My question for you Oscar is have you ever used the Xbox on line before. Rent movies, see music videos, game demos, create and play with ur Avatar, link your facebook, msn yahoo and anything else related to instant msging to it too. Plus more.

(06-17-2010, 05:44 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote:

Are you buying that platform to play quality games or check your facebook updates? Undecided
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
(06-17-2010, 06:08 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: Na, I was never a PS person. Always Nintendo but the Xbox changed me for teh better.

Yes I have played online. Not for Renting movies (Bittorrent), seeing music videos (that's what Youtube is for), not for instant messaging (typing with a controller is a bitch, no point in talking either).

I do like game demos and playing against other people. However with work, excercise and more work, I rarely play on the xbox anymore.

The thing is the PS3 does all that stuff too... well, except the instant messaging bit.. it's taken a while, but Sony has seen the value in MSN's offerings and has been enhancing their services to match, and, in some cases, even exceed.

And I don't know -- the new XBOX 'slim' sorta looks like a shiny black Wii... I love the look of my PS3 'fat'.

fanboyism aside, it's all about the games, and xbox has had forza for a while, now it's time for PS3 to get it's premier racing sim fix... and I'm pretty damn excited about it.

(06-17-2010, 03:06 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: GT5 sure looks pretty, I hope they fix the sound and physics to match.

Unless they have a realistic damage simulator finally its still nothing more than an ubertough arcade game IMO.

I know I harp on the damage thing but a "realistic driving simulator" that lets you ping off the walls at nearly 300km/h and your only consequence to a momentary slow down? Dodgy

NefCanuck
(06-17-2010, 11:20 AM)NefCanuck Wrote:
(06-17-2010, 03:06 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: GT5 sure looks pretty, I hope they fix the sound and physics to match.

Unless they have a realistic damage simulator finally its still nothing more than an ubertough arcade game IMO.

I know I harp on the damage thing but a "realistic driving simulator" that lets you ping off the walls at nearly 300km/h and your only consequence to a momentary slow down? Dodgy

NefCanuck

yup.. there's damage now... it features in a couple of the clips

PS to me is only good for gran tourismo....Xbox all the way, I have both and PS just collects dust.... Xbox you can do alot more than PS3, ok PS3 has blue ray but you can just buy one and maybe even cheaper than PS3....Plus PS you can't mod so Xbox all the way.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
so what can the xbox do that the ps3 can't?

Play gears of war? That's about all I'm coming up with..

In the end, everyone will find a system that works for them... I like the controllers and functionality of my PS3 better -- it just works for me... tho I do sometimes wish I could play gears of war or Halo... but then I just load up Resistance, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, and I don't feel so bad.

I think the only thing that would truly bother me about the xbox is having to swap DVDs for games like mass effect (or install it to the HDD)... I know the online services for PS3 aren't perfect, but there's a lot in the xbox hardware that's a compromise.

And man are they noisy.

sorry for sounding like a fanboy...

(06-17-2010, 09:59 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: fanboyism aside, it's all about the games, and xbox has had forza for a while, now it's time for PS3 to get it's premier racing sim fix... and I'm pretty damn excited about it.

I've been missing racing on the PS3 too. I bought NFS Shift, played it for a few hours that week and haven't touched it since. I was so disapointed. Angry
Token Western Canadian
Demo the games first...
Ya it was noisy but so is the PS3's. But its all fun and games untill someone looses a life...

1UP FTWExclamationExclamation

<--- see my avatar.

Have you seen my Avatar...
Haven't even bought any new games lately lol
But still love the Wii and 360

So GT5 is going to be available in 3D?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.