Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info on stock sub box...anyone?
Hey all,

This might be a reasonable question for those of you that are in the know, and/or work for Ford.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what the specs might be on the OEM Mach 300 Subwoofer enclosure and amp in the 05-07 Escape. My woman is letting me finally replace the stock deck with a JVC KD-A815 so we can have bluetooth handsfree phone and other goodies, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what I can do with the stock sub. I'm looking to put an aftermarket 8" driver like a JBL GTO 804 in the stock enclosure, and I wonder what the mounting depth is on the box. I'm thinking that it's maybe 4-5/8" deep, and the internal volume of the cabinet is between .50 and .75 cu ft. I know a lot of people have put Kicker Comp shallow mount 8's in the stock box after stuffing it with white acoustic baffle and puting dynamat or equivalent on the outside of the box itself...and had really good results with doing just that for starters. I know with some subs I might have to put a spacer ring in behind the basket lip. I also know that when people updated the stock sub setup, they upgraded to a class D or similar small 2-ch or monoblock to drive it even harder and louder with less effort then the stock amp.

I know that the stock sub is 8", and has dual 1.3 ohm voice coils rated at around 55.5 watts each, making me think that the stock amp is putting anywhere from 25-75 watts into each coil.

I want to do this, so I can keep my compartment under the floor, AND have a stealth installation.

Any advice?

Thanks!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Alright, I guess nobody knows about this stuff. Thanks for looking.

Ian
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
(06-30-2010, 02:42 AM)Drivesthebeast Wrote: Alright, I guess nobody knows about this stuff. Thanks for looking.

Ian

LOL - sorry about that, wish I could help ... unfortunately I'll bet that no one at Ford knows about this stuff either.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *