Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
and *poof* goes my summer
(07-11-2010, 10:54 AM)DD1 Wrote: next time in toronto I'll buy a couple of rounds, none for me tho as its been 15 months since my last beer....

Or if your in the sarnia area let me know

Donald

I'll pay my own way, just make sure you let me know when you're in town next.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

(07-12-2010, 02:20 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: I'll pay my own way, just make sure you let me know when you're in town next.

oh I see........ your office worker and your too good for my dirty handsBig Grin

ya don't hold your breath tho' but I promise to have wings if I am in town
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
(07-11-2010, 03:01 AM)dBlast Wrote: True if your pay is based on an hourly rate, but those of us that are a salary then your pay is based on an annual rate and expectation of how many actual hours worked is something that is established between employer and employee.

Ditto.
(07-10-2010, 01:09 AM)NefCanuck Wrote: Holy.... no compensation for this mandatory OT at all? I'm not even sure that's legal.

lol, welcome to my life for the pass 5 years, you get used to it.
(07-11-2010, 07:10 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: Not sure how that would do for job security

Weird heh? lol - earlier this year we went through a huge overhaul. 65% of my district was laid off. Funny how most of the people that always said no to upaid OT and week-end work got the boot.

Its not all bad, my bonus was 13k this year, I put in the time, but I do expect to get paid somehow/someway.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
that's the thing.. I don't get big bonuses and the such, and over the past couple of years, the company has been taking away compensation. Even with my recent promotion, I'm working the same hours, and making $20k less this year... and that's under record profits.

I hope there's some compensation of some kind down the road, just seems I spend a lot of time waiting for something good to come along, that rarely does.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Usually, my bonus is anywhere between 4-6k. This years is the biggest Ive ever gotten working for this company, and its been 11 years, so def not normal. Were in the same boat tho, they keep taking away benefits and such, yet dont change the compensation at all. I shouldnt complain, they did find me a rather cushy PM job while they off shored my whole team to India & China.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Does Ford Canada have an IT department that's hiring?