Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sponsorships
If you had/have them, how are they? and what are some good ones to look into.
I am currently interested in StreetGlow and Garage 16.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

you're gonna put LEDs and a turbo on a boat?

what kind of boat did you get? lol
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
You should talk to Andrew(2001 ZTS), he deals with ships all the time. :lol:
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

You should lower your ship and tint the waves.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
LMAO! I think you meant sponsorships John.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
sponsors are easy to get if you know how to sell yourself properly, almost like a hooker with more class. If you want a sponsor for a wide variety or even just a tire shop, tell them you will slap a big banner on your car, have a big banner on a tent over top of your car and hand out flyers at shows. They know all to well that in order to make money they have to spend a bit of money. For our club out of guelph we approach sponsors all the time, its a little easier with a larger user base then just one car, but for the most part, they will do anything these days for some good business. you will just have to hit up ALOT of shows and give them a list of all the shows you plan on attending. if you are having a hard time looking for shows or going with some 1 let me know, ill be at tons of shows this year if you need some1 to go with, ill have a train of cars at all of them.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Haha ha, very funny. But yes I will talk to drew and Jamie thnx for the advice. I have an in with streetglow and was wonder about garage16 because of the work they did to drew's car.
If you are going to any shows let me kow I'm having trouble finding some right now.
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

pfft. Sellouts! :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
GFXjamie,Mar 18 2009, 04:55 PM Wrote:sponsors are easy to get if you know how to sell yourself properly, almost like a hooker with more class. If you want a sponsor for a wide variety or even just a tire shop, tell them you will slap a big banner on your car, have a big banner on a tent over top of your car and hand out flyers at shows. They know all to well that in order to make money they have to spend a bit of money. For our club out of guelph we approach sponsors all the time, its a little easier with a larger user base then just one car, but for the most part, they will do anything these days for some good business. you will just have to hit up ALOT of shows and give them a list of all the shows you plan on attending. if you are having a hard time looking for shows or going with some 1 let me know, ill be at tons of shows this year if you need some1 to go with, ill have a train of cars at all of them.
[right][snapback]282984[/snapback][/right]

Serious sponsorships are not easy Ive tried and a few pple msg me back but they wanted alot more than 20 shows a season blah blah all wanted windshild decals and side decals I had a chance at a phantom grip lsd but they wouldn't copver instaltion costs so I dropped them You can send a proposal to rick at garage16 and make sure to include what you are interested in purchasing for him to sponsorship because how alot of these companys work is they give you a discount of what you purchase from them. Best of luck trust me its not easy at least for decent ones.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Thnx Drew, I know there is probs with them but I just want to see whats out there.

one more thing with regards to getting a sponsor, you need to usually prove yourself first. a friend of mine was sponsored by powerline for SPL comps. they would give him the equipment for the bass and sound comp and install it, after it was over they would then take it all out and reinstall his daily sound. You need to usally attend 10+ shows a year, but if you know where there are shows, then its not to hard to cover that number, only problem is, time and money to get to them. What i would suggest you do, is to join a show team that does only show where where you are required to go to x amount of shows in province, x amount out of province/country and have to have your banner in one spot and have the uniform etc. I know of one or two but usually with 5-10 car teams, sponsors like it a little better and are more willing because of the amount of busniess they can potentially get from that much more exposure. google team third gear out of simcoe, i know a couple guys who are on TTG and i know they were looking for more cars not to long ago.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Ohh yaa and Considering most sponsorships come out from the comanys profit in there last 1/4 year profit. I don't see alot of comanies throwing away money on advertising but Jan-Feb Is the best time to try. So geth your stuff together and send it out quick.

Make sure do do some research and include events you plan to attend
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car