Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Toronto tax on plate sticker
Anyone know if I go out of Toronto to buy my sticker will I still get nailed for the $60 Toronto Tax?
$74 sticker, $60 Toronto Tax, I seriously question having moved to Toronto. Doing the right thing an walking to work, instead of driving from Guelph to Toronto has increased my insurance $100/month. Now the city tax is as much as the sticker itself.
I will save the ranting and listing of how much more things cost but I should have never moved back.
Wow dude.

Move to "da North". Smile

Live year-round where people borrow themselves silly to live for a few weeks out of the year.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Tax is applied against the home of the vehicle. Meaning if you live in the Tdot and go to Huntsville for your sticker you still get nailed.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I believe Bell Canada has all their vehicles registered in Thunder Bay. This way they don't have the hassle of emissions and half the plate costs. Ironically, Thunder Bay is one of the only areas that has it's own telephone service, Thunder Bay Telephone. My wife told the southern rep that I was going to register up north and she gave the plates at northern rates without the address change.