Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ontario Auto Insurance Changes Coming Sept. 1st
Ontario auto insurance changes September 1
Source: canadiandriver.ca

Toronto, Ontario – Automobile insurance coverage in Ontario will change on September 1, 2010, with some reduced benefits and extra-charge options.

Prior to September 1, 2010, those injured in car crashes could be entitled to up to $100 per week for housekeeping and home maintenance benefits, in some cases for as much as two years. Under the new program, basic automobile insurance will not allow this claim. The current program also allows up to $250 per week if the insured incurred expenses as a result of being unable to continue as the main caregiver of a child in the household before the collision; these caregiver benefits will be discontinued.

Under the current program, those injured in car crashes could be eligible to receive medial and rehabilitation benefits of up to $100,000, including chiropractic, massage, and physiotherapy. This is now reduced to $50,000 under the basic insurance program, while attendant care benefits, paid if the injured required someone to help with personal assistance, will be reduced from $72,000 to $36,000.

The Ontario government will also introduce a “minor injury” cap, which may include a sprain, strain or whiplash-associated disorder. If the injury is categorized as minor, treatment will be capped at $3,500, including chiropractic, massage, or physiotherapy.

Auto insurers in Ontario will provide options to pay extra for significantly higher benefits, and drivers are urged to contact their insurance companies or insurance brokers for more information.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
interesting, i didnt know i had all those options. Most of those are covered by my work as well.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

laaaaaaaaame, cause we all know our rates are going to go up with this too.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Auto Insurance in Ontario just suxs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Health Care Workers Slam Ontario Insurance Plan Frost__2001 0 1,127 05-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  Cruisin' For Ms (sept. 9, Sw Ontario) Rumble 8 2,300 11-21-2007, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Rumble
  Court Decision May Affect Ontario Insurance Rates Frost__2001 5 1,650 11-11-2006, 04:12 AM
Last Post: crazikev