Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTB: Used (or new) Zetec
I'm looking into new motor options for the spring. This motor, being under 200k preferably and not an oil-burner, would tide me over as I rebuild my existing motor for either hi-comp or boost - whatever is available from FSWerks in the spring.

Zetec motors only, please. No Duratecs (right now) as I'd likely need a new ECU and a swap doesn't interest me. All of my parts and gear are for a Zetec. SPI jokers will be shot.

Such is the joy of turning a project car into the weekday daily driver. I'll also be doing the LSD and an upgraded clutch at the same time as the first motor swap.

Post up if you have an extra mill, the mileage, general condition of the engine and what you want for it.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Standard has lots..... complete with 2000 intake mani's $350

http://www.standardautowreckers.com/partssearch.htm
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
(10-09-2010, 01:01 AM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: Standard has lots..... complete with 2000 intake mani's $350

http://www.standardautowreckers.com/partssearch.htm

WHich one - raised seam?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
no smooth seam is the 2000 intake mani

but check and see if you already have a 2000 intake mani, and get a motor with lower km's
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
if you were ok with a zetec with just over the 250,000 kms I'd sell you my motor, as it's always been well maintained, and had its second major (100K) tune up done less 5,000 kms ago, plus the tranny was just flushed last November.

and it's local.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I think Nate (FloFocus) might still have a block kicking around... But just a block. Maybe stuff it with forged pistons and rods?
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost