Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kamping v 2.0
At this point, it's still conjecture. However, indications are that it's going to happen.

In less than 2 months, my g/f and I will have bought a 26-odd foot 5th wheel camping trailer with... extras at the lake we always go to (3 years now, sheesh!) - Wasi Lake, just east of Powassan, ON.

It's set up to sleep 6 easily, and could take a couple more on inflatable matresses and such in the add-on without grief.

There are also a number of decent camping sites, and I believe hydro is accessible, as is potable water.

Also, as I believe I've posted up in the past, there are 8 2- and 3-bedroom cabins for rent there with hydro/water, full kitchen and bath, etc. We've rented those for 3 years now at Wasi.

So, considering you guys drive to Huntsville and then another half hour to Algonquin, what about the same distance overall to get to a small, well-stocked lake? Did I mention that the LCBO and beer are 10-15 mins away in Powassan? That's closer than most places I recall FC.net memebrs staying at Algonquin.

Pics:

[Image: th_IMG00175-20101012-1703.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0103.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0087.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0070.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0060.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0043.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0048.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0108.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0073.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0061.jpg]

So, in reality, the first couple of people could "call shotgun" for our add-on and the rest can either pitch a tent or rent a cabin. Boat rentals are available, it's a laid-back area and FAR less population than hitting a Provincial Park.

EDIT - their website - Wassi Lodge.

Thoughts? Smile
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Stocked as in Bass!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
its do able for me, my homebase is newmarket. i'll wait for more details. if i came i'd pitch a tent.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Adam, thats kick ass bro. I'd be down for that, I love the north and I'd like to get up there more in 2011. I was perma stuck in the city this year, selling cars gives you no room for vacay lol
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Any idea how much a cabin rents for? I'd certainly be interested in something like that if its not insanely expensive.

NefCanuck
With my new medication, I am always pitching a tent.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
(10-21-2010, 08:44 AM)meford4u Wrote: With my new medication, I am always pitching a tent.

I was wondering why Pat was so happy the last time I saw her. Big Grin
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
The provincial parks aren't exactly 'bustling' in early June, but good to know there's options Big Grin
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Dan, the end-of-year pricing that's good till Dec. 31 is $75 a night for 2 bedrooms and $80 for three bedrooms. This $5 surcharge covers the hydro (ostensbily) for heating the cabin. There's one gas-fired cabin (I believe), but we've never stayed in that particular one. It's likely #3 or #4 if memory serves. We've stayed in #2 (decent, small porch, big area inside for 2 bedrooms), #6 (fairly small inside, 2 bedrooms, has a nice couch, our favourite year-over-year) and #7 (the furthest west cabin within the grounds, big porch, bigger than #6 inside, 2 bedrooms, not as nice of a view of the lake).

So far,#6 has been our fave. It has one of the best views from a cabin at Wasi Lake that I've seen. The firepit's placed well and there's even a large rock that allows you to split logs easily if you bring a splitting axe. It is right next to the boat ramp, so some mornings during fishing season there's some foot/vehicle traffic that you hear at times. Normally, most people set up the night that they get there and launch/tie up their boats early to avoid that situation in the morning.

They're reasonable there, the pricing for rentals is wicked for what you get and the people that run the park (Chris and his wife Darla) are awesome. Some days when we want to go sit by the lake in peace, we'll drive down and hang out for a bit. That kind of atmosphere is why I've been looking actively for a year now for the right deal on a camper-model trailer with an add-on there. Now that I think that we've found it, I can't wait for next spring.

Oscar's been out a couple of times too. He knows they're decent there. Just ask him Smile

Giant log-splitting rock:

[Image: th_DSC_0109.jpg]
(10-21-2010, 08:44 AM)meford4u Wrote: With my new medication, I am always pitching a tent.

There's water at all of the tent sites, so we can hose you down if you get too excited.
(10-20-2010, 11:47 PM)Burnin21 Wrote: Adam, thats kick ass bro. I'd be down for that, I love the north and I'd like to get up there more in 2011. I was perma stuck in the city this year, selling cars gives you no room for vacay lol

Yeah Matt, I hear you man. We've been stuck here since mid-summer, so at least we've been able to get out there a few days at a time and get some fishing and campfires in.

Note the fact that after you stir a campfire with one of those two-pronged camp forks, do NOT under any circumstances jab the red-hot camp fork into your foot. Doubly so if the person wielding the camp fork is your g/f :p

Symptoms include burning a hole through the top of your shoe, vaporizing your sock and pretending to be Dracula fighting Blade when Blade's super-hammered. It cauterized instantly, no blood gushing and is healing... but there definitely was/is a hole in the top of my foot.

I did tell Amanda that I felt I'd sleep safer that night knowing she was that good with sharp objects should vampires arrive. No smiley face on her reaction. Tongue
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
That's definitely doable for me price wise. If we get something firmer date wise etc. for next year I'll see what my schedule is like (only time in 2011 that I know is bad is end of May because I help run a charity event that goes three days at that time)

NefCanuck

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kamping - 2011 darkpuppet 18 5,161 06-17-2011, 12:42 AM
Last Post: darkpuppet