Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I.C.E. - back up camera
Hi guys.
Just bought a Winplus back up camera from CTC.
There is a caution in the instructions about using it with Bluetooth or WIFI. May cause, or react to, interference.
We use our Bluetooth (and Sirius) a lot.
Has anyone had any experience with this camera set
and resulting problems with Bluetooth use?
Or, if there are problems - how to deal with them?
Thought I'd find out before tearing into the package.
It's going on our 2009 SEL.
Thanks.
uhm, i've never had a problem in my car. I've got a double din 6.1inch touchscreen with all the bells and whistles including reverse cam, and no problems. I've got two big fat subs in the trunk and they don't interfere either with bluetooth.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
he is talking about wireless backup camera, not wired camera you've got with 6.1 inch screen.

i would just hook up to power and see if there is lots of noise on screen when using bt and sirius.

if there is noise, take it to ct and tell them it is not working properly, they will take it back.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
WTF do you need a back up camera for on focus?
:lol:
The 2012 focus has parking assist available as an option now...

(11-03-2010, 03:17 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: WTF do you need a back up camera for on focus?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

(11-03-2010, 03:17 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: WTF do you need a back up camera for on focus?

Dude that was one of the reasons I went with the Fussion at the time, which came with Rear Park Assist over the Focus.

Trying to reverse using only the mirrors and shoulder checks is a major PITA in the 08+ Focus because of the high trunklid Undecided

I can't tell from the photos either whether the 2012 Focus has solved that issue or is using RPA as a crutch for the fact that you could blindly back up over a lot of stuff that is directly behind you Confused

NefCanuck
is a wireless cam really that needed on a focus? it might introduce more problems like wireless interference, etc.. perhaps they sell a wired one, you can easily run one wire to the front of the car to your screen.
My other ride is your Mom
Good stuff - thanks for the responses.

Kona... - good advice.

Dark... - the camera, if it works, is a lot less money than a 2012 Focus.

Paolo... - yeah, maybe, I'll try this wireless.

Anthony... - Why? Well, I've wanted one for quite a while.
It just seems a good idea. The fact that this one was on sale helped. But, I figured, if I backed over something, or worse - someone, I would
get a back up camera anyway. So, this might save the NEED.
Pluse I'll be using it on two vehicles. The second vehicle
has a trailer hitch so I'm thinking it'll help there also.
And, a secret use also. (heh heh).

Terry
Nah I get it.

It's just the Fofo is such a small car.

I was sitting in the passenger sear of a brand new S5 and witnessed my friend do 5 grand in damage because of the camera.
Seems he was watching the screen and didn't notice the garage pillar he was parked next to.

I think the car was what? a week old....
What I'm trying to say is.... watch the front of your car when backing up. The camera doesn't eliminate this very important practice.
the camera should only be used as a tool to know when to stop backing up, as in once you're close to the curb or the car behind you. Rev. Camera is to see directly behind you, blind spot mirrors to see directly beside the car (such as the lines of a parking spot) and then twist your head to see the rest of around you.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver