Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Takes Chrysler’s Side
It's funny how guys that drive 425HP penis extenders worry about where other people live and what THEY make. I'm fine with the money I make and the benefits I have. My beef was about benefits being "given" to the workers, in addition to their gross pay. If he pays for dental, that's great. Once again, it humanizes the union aspect a little more. Perhaps if s*** wasn't so cloak and dagger, they'd have a lot less of an uphill battle to fight. What's so hard to understand about that?

It would take a LOT to move me from where I am now, because I easily afford my lifestyle while aggressively paying down long-term debt. I'm good. :) I make good money, I have a great benefits and retirement package, and I have nature's finest at maybe a 15-minute drive from my doorstep. 15 minutes from almost anywhere in the GTA gets you... nowhere.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
DD1,Mar 16 2009, 11:23 AM Wrote:why is it that anytime there is a thread about ppl making good money guys from sh!ty a$$ towns b!tch. If somebody would offer you good money I'm sure you would take it..
[right][snapback]282759[/snapback][/right]

That's okay. I hear that Oshawa and St. Catherines will soon become s*** towns anyways.

Thanks to the unions for not being able to be flexible enough to adjust to market conditons. I guess they would rather have no jobs than take a REASONABLE pay cut.

Thanks to the manufacturers for soaking every single dollar they could from Canadians by selling us high priced Canadian cars for years and denying warranty coverage on US purchased vehicles brought into Canada.

Let the automakers and unions suffer, they deserve it.

And a special note to Tom Lasorda CEO of Chrysler, "Get your s*** and get out! No one likes your crappy cars anyways."
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 16 2009, 12:45 PM Wrote:And a special note to Tom Lasorda CEO of Chrysler, "Get your s*** and get out!  No one likes your crappy cars anyways."
[right][snapback]282763[/snapback][/right]

QFT.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
and we are done.

c'moooooooooooooooonnnnn spring! :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
what do you guys mean we are done? this was an interesting thread (something we haven't had around here in years.)

Please keep it clean fellas, if it gets chippy we'll shut it down again.

play nice!

and stay on topic.

no personal digs please.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 16 2009, 07:15 AM Wrote:Meford - I certainly DO pay for my benefits via Great West Life. So does everyone else here that is eligible for the plans. Sure, the company may well pay for some of it but I definitely pay some each pay for dental, LTD and additional life insurance. So YOU can stick your OVERPAID UNION WORKER benefits up your lubed union keister.

I'm scanning my paystub tonight to show just that. Are you willing to do the same? You're welcome to redact the juicy stuff, obviously. We already hear long and hard how much CAW workers make.

A lot of people pay for their benefits. It's called a little expenditure for a lot of coverage. Those who don't pay for their benefits out of their gross pay are called union workers, apparently.
[right][snapback]282746[/snapback][/right]

My last 2 jobs I had prior to my "union" job paid for my benefits 100%
And my job previous to those my boss would cut me a check for $400 each month for benefits. So that’s 3 jobs with 100% benefits covered through the company and none that were unionized. I guess it comes down to what you are worth to the company you work for.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Bottom line Adam, you are so friggin jealous it rips you apart inside.

It's time to learn a little about what we do and don't get as a unionized member and what we pay for.

"Bark like a dog bitch because big daddy is here to spank your ass".

I took that quote from your ex.

And what the fawk is this wah wah wah about Chrysler Oscar? Your line.........Thanks to the manufacturers for soaking every single dollar they could from Canadians by selling us high priced Canadian cars for years and denying warranty coverage on US purchased vehicles brought into Canada. Is so much crap where do I start. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Chrysler much, but who forced us to buy their cars? We made the decision to buy Chrysler and we paid for it. If you had a good job outside of NB(apparently) you would have had COLA and kept up with the Jones' for pay increases like every other normal person, unionized or not, outside of NB(apparently).

So welcome to the real world ladies.

Gentlemen of this site, be warned when westling with me. These two, are now my bitches.

No fawkin smiley faces FU2...
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 16 2009, 12:45 PM Wrote:That's okay.  I hear that Oshawa and St. Catherines will soon become s*** towns  anyways.

Your response neither defended where you live or implied you had some intelligence.
meford4u,Mar 16 2009, 09:05 PM Wrote:Bottom line Adam, you are so friggin jealous it rips you apart inside.

It's time to learn a little about what we do and don't get as a unionized member and what we pay for.

And what the fawk is this wah wah wah about Chrysler Oscar?  Your line.........Thanks to the manufacturers for soaking every single dollar they could from Canadians by selling us high priced Canadian cars for years and denying warranty coverage on US purchased vehicles brought into Canada.  Is so much crap where do I start.  Don't get me wrong, I don't like Chrysler much, but who forced us to buy their cars?  We made the decision to buy Chrysler and we paid for it.  If you had a good job outside of NB(apparently) you would have had COLA and kept up with the Jones' for pay increases like every other normal person, unionized or not, outside of NB(apparently).

So welcome to the real world ladies.

Gentlemen of this site, be warned when westling with me.  These two, are now my bitches.

No fawkin smiley faces FU2...
[right][snapback]282794[/snapback][/right]

#1 Cost of Living Adjustments, got them every 4 years tied to Inflation or better. The mining industry is great, when times are tough, gold is good. When times are good, nickel and copper are good. We win either way. A lot of the layoffs you hear at mines are going from Nickel, but are being hired at gold mines nowadays. So you know, keeping up with the "Jones" is not difficult for most people.
#2 Wah Wah Wah? I don't get it but whatever. Add a little more substance next time.
#3 As for buying Chrysler. They are a dead duck in the water anyways.

You know those magnets that the unions are putting out saying "Out of a job yet? Keep buying Foreign", I'm going to make one called "Out of a job yet? Keep believing in the CAW." When the companies go broke / pull out, what do you think the attitude will be from the company non-union employees, suppliers, contractors, supporting businesses, customers, shareholders, etc towards the CAW and its members for not taking an appropriate bite in the s*** pie that everyone has to take in this economic turmoil? I'd really hate to be a CAW member right now.

And Kev, sorry about calling Oshawa a crap town. It's a pretty nice place, but you do know that when the truck plant was to close, the media and union members did say quite a bit that the city would turn into a "ghost town". I'm quoting them, although not in the nicest fashion. I meant no disrespect, especially to you. If you take offence, get that ban stick out.

Oh and I forgot to mention, in following up with Kev on defending North Bay. We were voted one of the top 10 safest communities in the north in MacLeans, a very diversified and growing economic base in resources, manufacturing, and service industries, and a good all year round tourism spot. As for "implying I have some intelligence," I don't know how to interpret that from you unless that was a personal blow.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
meford4u,Mar 16 2009, 09:05 PM Wrote:Bottom line Adam, you are so friggin jealous it rips you apart inside.

[right][snapback]282794[/snapback][/right]

I'm still waiting to hear about what you pay for and what you don't. I'm talking direct from your paycheque, comes off your gross and affects your net, take-home pay. I've already told you what I pay for. Once again, I'll state it for the motherf***ing record: I don't really give a s*** what you make but don't f***ing sit here and have us believe the unions are s*** on. Unions were invented, they served their purpose and they should have been discontinued long ago. They currently act as the only legal method of acting like the Mafia in Canada today.

I'm not jealous of you... far from it. I moved up here for a reason and I stay up here for a reason. You don't get it, you guys are completely obsessed with money down there so guess what? Stay down there in the rat race. Have fun with that. I really don't care.

As for the ex comment? Meh - I kicked the bitch out! I survived and kept my house! She got canned and no longer works here. She rents an apartment somewhere in town. Home equity = WIN.

So, the only one getting ripped up here, repeatedly, is you and your suckholing union brethren. We had layoffs here at work - and that included Oscar! What's he doing? Not the media-centric caterwauling that the unions are! Not the bitch-ass fighting that the auto companies are! He made his preparations and got on with his life! No all-paid benefits, no "job bank", just the standard s*** that most honest, real companies give their honest, real workers. No strings, no BS. He did his time and he was treated accordingly. He survived.

Bryan, you're tilting at f***ing windmills here. The mining industry, which also employs tens of thousands of people in Canada (nevermind worldwide), is adapting. They're laying people off and shuttering jobs. You know what else? I don't see any damn bailouts occuring because the union-side load of the workers isn't dragging the companies down.

The real world with real, salaried, non-unionized working professionals called. They're laughing at your schoolyard bully mentality. And they want their tax dollars back.

If the two of you can't grasp the reality and understand what would happen to Southern Ontario, let alone most of the American midwest, if the car bailout didn't occur, then I am sorry but the economics of it all would be disastorous. Were not talking about layoffs, like they have done already in massive numbers at the Big Threee, but a collapse of one or more of the Big Three.

In Oakville and the surrounding area of Burlington, Hamilton, Milton, Mississauga, Brampton, I could go on, but Ford and Chrysler drive the economic engine for these communities. Just imagine if they weren't there anymore. In Oakville alone, to cover what Ford pays the township in land taxes, the average homeowner would have an increase of $875 per year without Ford. And that's just land taxes.
We also help employment by spending locally. We buy our clothes, feed our kids, I think the two of you get the point. Without these jobs, people would leave and yes, Oakville would become a ghost town.
So where does that leave us with the bailout? You think that money is yours? We pay huge amounts of income taxes as a workforce. Does that give us the right to expect that $$$. Of course not. But we pay into that cash cow of a government and if needed, we want something in return for our tax dollars as a trade organization. The bailout the government gives us will be paid back in income taxes before the end of our contract. If we went tits up, no income taxes and a long term hole in the income tax system would mean that somewhere, we all would suffer as taxes collected would definately fall.

As for living in the rat race, you have your choices and I have mine. I want a higher standard of living for my family and I work hard for it and my family enjoys the virtues of my hard work. Choices Adam, just choices.

As for telling me the great virtues of what you pay for off your paycheque, you told me that you paid for extra insurance coverage(everybody does that) and dental. Again, not much of an argument there. If your doctor/dentist charges above what your insurance company will allow, then you pay out of pocket, just like those of us in the union do. We will now be paying an additional $30/month for our benefits package. Do you have to pay anything every month for benefits, and not the benefits over and above what your employer provides you already as a base?

You guys argue so much for the hatred of the union. Why? In effect what they do for Ford/Chrysler/GM is have a system in place that negotiates for all the employees. Not one on one and would end up being a huge process. They certainly aren't the bullies anymore, God forbid. And you two make it sound like the unions asked for the bailout?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
ANTHONYD,Mar 16 2009, 08:24 PM Wrote:what do you guys mean we are done?

I closed it because there was personal digs. :rolleyes:

You seriously questioned why I closed this one? c'mon, I think the above explains it clearly. :rolleyes:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ford Takes The Gt Racing darkpuppet 4 1,329 04-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Focus man. Focus.