Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction
Retired old guy.

This is our project car. So far the only thing changed is the license plate (see Avatar). It lies, so far. To be absolutely correct, it is half right, the second half is correct. It is a wagon (WGN).
[Image: 70x8x0.jpg]

This is a daily driver and will continue that way, even after changes. Plans include an engine/transmission swap (with youngest son, his friend, a lot of hope, and very little money.) We will document any and all changes. That of course assumes changes are actually accomplished. Then this Saskatchewan plate should be legitimate.
I would boost it over SVT swap.
Far less work, more support available, and will continue to be a reliable daily driver.

Just my thoughts from a former wagon owner.
(11-25-2010, 12:54 PM)SVT-WGN Wrote: Retired old guy.

This is our project car. So far the only thing changed is the license plate (see Avatar). It lies, so far. To be absolutely correct, it is half right, the second half is correct. It is a wagon (WGN).
[Image: 70x8x0.jpg]

This is a daily driver and will continue that way, even after changes. Plans include an engine/transmission swap (with youngest son, his friend, a lot of hope, and very little money.) We will document any and all changes. That of course assumes changes are actually accomplished. Then this Saskatchewan plate should be legitimate.

Welcome and good luck - don't be shy about asking for advice or opinion - lots of both here.

Good luck with the project, and do keep us apprised.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Sorry, Welcome of course.
Thanks for the welcome(s).

The reason for the swap is not for more power. Remember, there are old guys and there are bold guys, but no old, bold guys. Initially we were just going to swap the Getrag 6-speed. We have since decided that replacing the entire front end, including the SVT PCM, brakes, etc. might be easier than adapting.

So this is one old guy more interested in handling and shifting gears than in trying to be the fastest geriatric on the block.
Definitely looks like an interesting project you have going there and if you pull it off the way you intend you'll have something that no one else has Smile

NefCanuck
Welcome. Check Tiketz FS thread. He is parting out his SVT. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
So far we have almost everything we need. We are now just looking for dress up parts like tail lights and such. We have a running total loss svtf so we have a good start.

Pics of the doner car.
[Image: svt.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0920.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0921.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0925.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0916.jpg]

2006 Focus ZX3/svt wannabe-Pitch Black
2008 Focus SES Sedan/grocery getter-Vista Blue
Before anyone flames us, how it is sacrilegious to dismantle and cannibalize an SVT, please understand, I really do like long roofs. And I like shifting gears. Besides, the SVT would cost more to repair, inspect and certify than building an entirely different vehicle. Of course, the extras (headlights, taillights, etc.) will probably put a lie to that conclusion.

If there was any easy and cheap way to install an eighteen speed RoadRanger or Fuller I would have done it long ago. So when this opportunity presented itself, I agreed to go for it. Of course, there is still a little, tiny bit of disagreement between myself (old guy) and my son and his friend insaneaudio, the other half of the team. Stay tuned, we should have some real fun this winter.

Oh, all and any ideas, tips, suggestions (keep them cheap if possible) are appreciated. In turn, I will document every step with photos and notes (minus the expletives) to share on this forum.
Got a good start witht he SVTF there, plus i'm sure some parts can even still be sold off it that you don't need. Since you've got the complete harness and everything I'm going to asume its relatively straight forward for the engine/trans/computrer swap. Dont' forget to swap over the SVTF fuel pump..since thats different apparently Smile
(12-01-2010, 08:24 AM)hardk0re Wrote: Got a good start witht he SVTF there, plus i'm sure some parts can even still be sold off it that you don't need. Since you've got the complete harness and everything I'm going to asume its relatively straight forward for the engine/trans/computrer swap. Dont' forget to swap over the SVTF fuel pump..since thats different apparently Smile

from what I have read the fuel pump is the same but the wires going to it are different, there is a guy from Cali that I have been talking to(1badsvtwgn) and he has done the swap into a wagon and he has told me all of the things to look for.
2006 Focus ZX3/svt wannabe-Pitch Black
2008 Focus SES Sedan/grocery getter-Vista Blue
Looks like you are going to have a kick ass ride once complete. Are you doing the complete brake swap as well? I love the look of a modded wagon. ZTWSquared had a very nice black wagon before the accident, but I believe his was an 05.

Either keep this thread going or start a build thread and keep us well informed of your progress.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I hope you will enjoy our company here and will get some useful tips and other valueable information for yourself...
hi friends my name is amit kumar and i am from india.