Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gran Turismo 5
Anybody pick this up yet? Got it yesterday and it's awesome so far. Lots of selection of cars, cool tracks and events. A few cars are gonna be hard to get as they cost $20,000,000 lol.. There's even some nascars in it.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
I dunno... It still doesn't seem to be the racing game I was hoping for.

The cars all sound so similar. I think that nfsConfusedhift still comes out top for sound and feeling like you're actually driving. I've demoted gt5 to my Christmas list rather than buyin it outright.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I think they rushed it along a bit because it was taking so much time, but I still dig it.
I agree about the sounds, and the shifts don't sound natural either. But I didn't really like NFS:Shift too much, for my NFS I like arcade style. The new NFS Hot Pusrsuit 2010 is terrible though, you can't even select manual transmission.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
You need a holiday flyer from the superstore. Toys R US will match the superstore price at 49.99. You then use their promotion (spend 39.99 or more and save $10) and your price is down to 39.99...great deal. The offer is over today
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Is GT5 going to be available in 3D?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
I'm scared to get these games. Last time I bought COD Modern Warfare it took my life over for at least 4 months....As soon as I walked into the door of my house I headed to the basement and killed 3 hours playing the game every day.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
(11-28-2010, 04:18 AM)CanadaSVT Wrote: Is GT5 going to be available in 3D?

It is 3D compatible. As for the other comments above, I have been a little disappointed. Although I finally bought a wheel for my racing games ... soooo much more fun. I picked up the Logitech driving force GT, well worth the money!

-George
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
I like my Forza III
(11-29-2010, 06:06 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: I like my Forza III

+1 boss, its actually a sim Tongue
I hate to admit it, but forza constantly improves in most areas, whereas gt only improves on visuals... And it takes more than visuals to have a fun game.

Gt 5 seems to have been programmed by deaf racing spectators.

(11-29-2010, 09:37 AM)sonic_mikey Wrote:
(11-29-2010, 06:06 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: I like my Forza III

+1 boss, its actually a sim Tongue

Hell yeah. Forza FTW!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Forza with all the assistance turned off is incredibly hard and accurate. (That's what she said.)
The ONLY problem I have with Forza are the load times. It's a total bummer.
Is that with a HDD install of some/all of the game Anthony?

Totally unacceptable if it is. Once you transfer the data to the HDD it's supposed to speed things up to at least acceptable levels.

NefCanuck
(12-01-2010, 12:45 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: Forza with all the assistance turned off is incredibly hard and accurate. (That's what she said.)
The ONLY problem I have with Forza are the load times. It's a total bummer.

Gotta keep ABS on though. Gotta keep on the ABS.

Else, I play with no assistance and with an auto tranny. My old roommates used to play manny tranny but no clutch.

we used to have lapping competitions on who could do the fastest lap using a 5xx hp mouse.

(i've got an 800hp focus in forza, AWD, it's freakin redonculous)
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
GT5 sounds good to me:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/12/03/gra...deo-review
I finally installed it yesterday -- <sarcasm>only took an hour to install</sarcasm>. And now I've started my long grind to earn a decent car.

GT really needs a bit more than 5 iterations of license tests and level grinding IMO. Still, the graphics are pretty, the sounds a bit flat (wonder what the tesla sounds like), and the racing action fairly robust when you're not penalized for the idiot AI crashing into you.

They spent so much time on the graphics and the penalty enforcement that they sort of forgot real AI intelligence, the damage model, or customization. So other than the car collecting aspect and driving the same tracks we've driven in previous versions minus the ability to properly tune a car in hi-def, the game should have never have done so well in reviews.

I'm thinking I may pick up an x-box to play forza on while waiting for the PS3 to install the next GT game that comes down the pipe.

I've got a few good cars already. Having fun racing the southern boys online in NASCAR and other races. They sure say 'Dang' a lot!
I don't recommend taking the Tesla Roadster on highspeed tracks. at 90 MPH it starts to sound like a dog whistle... rather annoying to drive at high speed.

I'm not a big fan of racing online. Playing online with GT5 Prelude, people would game the penalty system and it was rather annoying to have someone crash into you, and you get the penalty...

(01-08-2011, 11:28 AM)CanadaSVT Wrote: I've got a few good cars already. Having fun racing the southern boys online in NASCAR and other races. They sure say 'Dang' a lot!

I always get kicked when i pull out the buggati lmao. Or because i play to rough , rubbin is racing as they say in nascar but the americans dont seem to get that

(09-14-2011, 01:13 PM)adamzx5 Wrote: I always get kicked when i pull out the buggati lmao. Or because i play to rough , rubbin is racing as they say in nascar but the americans dont seem to get that

Try to find the Dirty NASCAR or Dirty Camaro races. They are a hoot! Angel