Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Losing It...
Ya if I had one it would have been done last night lol

Well today after work I did some investigating. I found that the harness goes through the top of the body at the hatch and there is a plastic holder for the grommet that is very sharp. So I unplugged the harness to it. That harness has everything to do with the hatch. I then found the worn wires and saw that the rear defrost wire is the one that is burnt and connecting metal this time. I can smell wires burning when I have a fuse in the Park light slot #30 and the harness plugged in.

So this Sunday I will post up pics to warn people in the future what to watch out for.

Thanks Colony Ford and Stat farm for saying I was lying to cover me ass. I think it's the other way around fucktards Tongue
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

(03-16-2012, 10:09 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: Ya if I had one it would have been done last night lol

Well today after work I did some investigating. I found that the harness goes through the top of the body at the hatch and there is a plastic holder for the grommet that is very sharp.

Yup, VERY common problem on the hatches, I'm surprised Ford hasn't done a TSB/Recall on that yet....well...not really surprised.

I had to re-wire/soder it all myself as Ford wanted something retarded like $1800 to fix it.

Shitty luck man - I think it's time you get a new car.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
same thing happened with both my focus hatches....and i work at a dealer and i see it all the time...shitty design i guess....
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
I'll have to keep an eye on mine. No issues so far.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
(03-17-2012, 01:57 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: I'll have to keep an eye on mine. No issues so far.

You may want to open it up anyways. I caught it early, the rear wiper would work 1 day the next, it wouldn't.

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I had the same issue a few years ago, had no lights in the car (signals or anything). I think the only way I knew something was up, was the fact I didn't hear the blinker sound in the car (love that sound lol). It wasn't anything crazy for Mohawk Ford to fix though, they ripped out the hatch wires and made the repair for relatively cheap. I wasn't about to mess around with it that's for sure.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
(03-17-2012, 02:19 AM)Flofocus Wrote:
(03-17-2012, 01:57 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: I'll have to keep an eye on mine. No issues so far.

You may want to open it up anyways. I caught it early, the rear wiper would work 1 day the next, it wouldn't.

Good call bud. I've been under the weather for a few days, but this will give me something to do after work tonight!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.