Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Built-in Bluetooth Deck to replace stock deck for 2006 Focus ZX5
Hi everyone

My husband just purchased a 2006 Focus ZX5

It has the standard stock deck

[Image: !B)bvBvgBWk~$(KGrHqN,!hsEv1+0EcPWBMN...8800005007]

Can anyone recommend a good replacement which has built-in bluetooth features? I'm hoping to surprise him with this as a Christmas gift.

I'm sure many of you here prefer to be the one to pick out your own car audio, but my husband would be happy with this gift.

He listens to his music through his iphone 3 and so does not really care if it plays mp3.

Sorry if it sounds dumb, but if the new deck is smaller, will the rest of the space be finished with a flat surface? Can this all be done at Best Buy or Future Shop or what do you recommend?

Thanks everyone!
(12-13-2010, 06:32 AM)jsbeet Wrote: Hi everyone

My husband just purchased a 2006 Focus ZX5

It has the standard stock deck

[Image: !B)bvBvgBWk~$(KGrHqN,!hsEv1+0EcPWBMN...8800005007]

Can anyone recommend a good replacement which has built-in bluetooth features? I'm hoping to surprise him with this as a Christmas gift.

I'm sure many of you here prefer to be the one to pick out your own car audio, but my husband would be happy with this gift.

He listens to his music through his iphone 3 and so does not really care if it plays mp3.

Sorry if it sounds dumb, but if the new deck is smaller, will the rest of the space be finished with a flat surface? Can this all be done at Best Buy or Future Shop or what do you recommend?

Thanks everyone!

Hi and welcome ... there are a lot of variables to take into account and it's hard to know what your husband might appreciate ... but I think you would find a shopping tool like the interactive one on Crutchfield to be helpful ... it starts with you identifying the vehicle and then it shows you only those items that would fit.

The size of the opening in the 05+ Focus is called "double DIN" ... but there are adaptors available that allow smaller units to be installed ... usually the extra space is a small pocket.

Good luck with your search ... and do let us know how it's going.

Cheers - Ken

Crutchfield interactive shopping tool
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Thanks for your reply Ken!

funny you should mention Crutchfield...that was the first site I went to since we are natives of Charlottesville, VA. However, we are now in Canada and I find that the model numbers are not quite the same.

I'll keep everyone posted
I did not realize this but Crutchfield has a Canada site too. I'm considering these 2:

Pioneer DEH-P6200BT

Alpine CDE-103BT

My husband has an iPhone 3G and he wants built in bluetooth capabilities

Any feedback on the 2 products?
(12-15-2010, 05:49 PM)jsbeet Wrote: I did not realize this but Crutchfield has a Canada site too. I'm considering these 2:

Pioneer DEH-P6200BT

Alpine CDE-103BT

Personally I'm a big fan of Pioneer products ... I put a Pioneer Bluetooth deck in my wfie's 2004 ZTW (now sold) and not only did it perform flawlessly for two years for us, it is still going strong in another member's car.

I've never owned any Alpine product, but they have an excellent reputation and I believe there are a number of members on here who swear by them.

It seems to me you've made two fine choices and you can't really go wrong at this point no matter what you end up getting.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

I bought Ken's old Pioneer DEH-P7900BT from him well over a year ago and it is one of the best decks I have ever owned. It has everything I need, bluetooth, iPod controls, plenty of line-outs, CD/MP3, etc. etc.

Pioneer all the way.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I am a Car Audio salesperson for Canadian Tire and we have a nice JVC cdplayer that has bluetooth and ipod docking abilitys.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/...?locale=en
2006 Focus ZX3/svt wannabe-Pitch Black
2008 Focus SES Sedan/grocery getter-Vista Blue
Thanks for all your contributions!

I just found out my husband's 3Gs iphone is running on OS4 and I've been reading that many people are experiencing compatibility issues with their Bluetooth functionality.

Does anyone have an update as to whether that is still true?

I would suggest a JVC KW-AVX30.

http://www.jvc.ca/www/Consumer/products.aspx?h=D1_500#

I've installed this in mine and use the bluetooth for my phone all the time.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(12-19-2010, 01:48 PM)jsbeet Wrote: Thanks for all your contributions!

I just found out my husband's 3Gs iphone is running on OS4 and I've been reading that many people are experiencing compatibility issues with their Bluetooth functionality.

Does anyone have an update as to whether that is still true?

I'm running a iPhone4 with iOS 4.2 on it with a Ford SYNC equipped car over BlueTooth with no issues. However be aware that if the deck offers BT audio commands they will be very basic (IE: Play/Pause/Shuffle on-off) versus a deck with full iPhone/iPhone connectivity & voice commands over the USB connection.

Because I stream audio over my cellphone connection and then over BT to the car from there I'm okay with the basic BT command set

NefCanuck
(12-15-2010, 10:58 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(12-15-2010, 05:49 PM)jsbeet Wrote: I did not realize this but Crutchfield has a Canada site too. I'm considering these 2:

Pioneer DEH-P6200BT

Alpine CDE-103BT

Personally I'm a big fan of Pioneer products ...

Me too, I run the AVIC 700BT model and it has everything I need. Adding all the accessories can get expensive, but totally worth it. I have full control of my ipod, rear view camera, BT hands free, sirius radio, SD card for even more music, and I have additional video inputs to put in a gaming system if I wanted. I've had no sissues with it for the pass 2 years Ive owned it, and its worked with all my blackberrys and my wifes iphone4.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
This is late but check this place out. I know people that actually have used they products and met these people as well.

http://www.mp3playerstore.com

I'm getting the 722 GPS unit with US/Canada Map and Rear Inferred Camera too
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

I just installed a JVC KW-AV60BT that I bought from FutureShop for $399. Bluetooth, runs apps and installed in about 30 minutes. Not bad considering it was the first car stereo I ever installed....

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/j...529770en02
(06-15-2012, 02:36 PM)David A Scott Wrote: I just installed a JVC KW-AV60BT that I bought from FutureShop for $399. Bluetooth, runs apps and installed in about 30 minutes. Not bad considering it was the first car stereo I ever installed....

Hmmm.... I wonder how jsbeet made out with her unit?

Nice choice David - just a question about your choice of vendors ... but did you consider buying in the States - you can get the same unit for less than 290.00 including shipping from a reputable supplier on ebay.

(06-16-2012, 06:59 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 02:36 PM)David A Scott Wrote: I just installed a JVC KW-AV60BT that I bought from FutureShop for $399. Bluetooth, runs apps and installed in about 30 minutes. Not bad considering it was the first car stereo I ever installed....

Hmmm.... I wonder how jsbeet made out with her unit?

Nice choice David - just a question about your choice of vendors ... but did you consider buying in the States - you can get the same unit for less than 290.00 including shipping from a reputable supplier on ebay.

Instant gratification.... Big Grin Bought it before noon and had it up and running three hours later... Plus I have a Futureshop card and got no payments and no interest for 6 months. I`ll have it paid off 3 months early....