Music 
DONE!!

Updated photos (from playbook):
[Image: img00000006v.jpg]
[Image: img00000005k.jpg]
[Image: img00000007t.jpg]
[Image: img00000002wj.jpg]

hard to take a picture of the speakers behind the grilles Smile
There are focal 6.5" in front doors with their tweeter in the pillars.
Rear doors are 5x7 JL Audio.

The little 8inch sub sounds quite good. Need to look at trunk area to find rattles or echoes still (but only happens if it really gets cranked - ie above what you would comfortably listen to inside the car.).

Sadly i didnt have the time to do this myself. So had a store do it. Only downside was the window cranks need to be re-attached.. The dont seem as flush as they were and now rattle just driving around.

~Ub
I would suggest finding a factory sedan subwoofer enclosure. They don't take a lot of space and really pound when you remove the original 8" sub and replace it with a 10". I have done this to mine in my hatch. I didn't want anything stupid so I just went with a Powerbass 10" and the matching 400W amp. I mounted the amp on the back of the seat, up high so I still had plenty of room for cargo when folded down. Also the box is like stock behind the carpet in the corner of the hatch. Just a thought for you. I can still fit a full size stroller in the hatch too.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
(12-19-2010, 05:38 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: I would suggest finding a factory sedan subwoofer enclosure. They don't take a lot of space and really pound when you remove the original 8" sub and replace it with a 10". I have done this to mine in my hatch. I didn't want anything stupid so I just went with a Powerbass 10" and the matching 400W amp. I mounted the amp on the back of the seat, up high so I still had plenty of room for cargo when folded down. Also the box is like stock behind the carpet in the corner of the hatch. Just a thought for you. I can still fit a full size stroller in the hatch too.

Ohyeah? I have spent a little time searching online and I have not been able to find much on the sedan having a similar enclosure and the aftermarket ones only seem to fit Hatch not sedan or wagon.
I will bug planetford later and see if one does exist and its part number.

~Ub
the subwoofers were offered in the SES and ST with the upgraded stereo systems, check a wrecker and you may find something. im looking for this for my sedan as well.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Anyone have an idea on the maximum size or depth that could be modified for the housing[of that ST/SES woofer box]? I am guessing it is one side of the car only ie I would not find a mirror image of it for the other side of trunk if I was so inclined.

~Ub
or box can be made to fit top of spare tire with shallow mount sub.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
just throwing this out there, you can do over your entire sound and audio system, deck included for about 1200-1500$.

But, you could also spend that much alone on each individual piece, whether its H/U, Sub setup, or a complete door speaker set up.

I got quoted 1200$ to do over my entire car before I decided to go the extreme path.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
(01-08-2011, 09:16 AM)Mystake Wrote: just throwing this out there, you can do over your entire sound and audio system, deck included for about 1200-1500$.

But, you could also spend that much alone on each individual piece, whether its H/U, Sub setup, or a complete door speaker set up.

I got quoted 1200$ to do over my entire car before I decided to go the extreme path.

Yeah, I am not quite going the extreme path, but as I now have a ob I can afford my buddies throw offs as he upgrades his extreme system.

Though Audio is on hold for now as I search for Rims/Rubber and look at the FRPP brake kits, spings, dampers etc.

~Ub
Boston FX8's for the doors always sounded great in my car. (for those that have heard it.)
I think I have figured everything out. Working on grabbing the peices.

HeadUnit: Kenwood KDC-X995
F. Speakers: Focal KRX2 165
R. Speakers: JL XR/ZR 570Csi (either one not both)
Amp: JL HD900/5 * only thing left to finish paying off
Sub: CP108LG-W3v3 (1 currently might consider a second depending on sound)

going to do the sound insulation on the 4 doors, and something on the inside of the exterior door to prevent the metal reverberations.

Im not sure on where to use the speakers external cross overs or the intelligent Amp ones, nor the range to set the cross over frequencies. Sad

I have an ipod but rarely use it save for audio books (some 8gb nano) so worth having the Ipod connector set up or just use the USB connector?

Im told I can get a steering wheel adapter... The HeadUnit supports steering wheel controls, and has a wire lead, but the kenwood website lists no part number expect a marine audio steering wheel control. Thoughts?

~Ub
The steering wheel adapter recommended is from a company called Pacific Accessories Corporation, here is a link to the products listed as compatible with the 2007 Ford Focus: 2007 PAC Audio Steering Wheel controls

I'm not 100% sure that the iPod charges via a USB connector but if it does it's probably not a bad idea to get a deck that can support USB connection & charging.

As to insulating / sound deadening the doors, just be careful, some people have used expanding foam type materials with some success, but too much spray foam and you run the risk of it expanding so much that it will actually warp the door skin (I've seen the photos, it's not pretty)

NefCanuck
TEAM W.T.F.? Because everything has to be explained

[img]hXXp://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Duratec,black,red.png[/img]
(08-06-2011, 12:10 AM)NefCanuck Wrote: The steering wheel adapter recommended is from a company called Pacific Accessories Corporation, here is a link to the products listed as compatible with the 2007 Ford Focus: 2007 PAC Audio Steering Wheel controls

I'm not 100% sure that the iPod charges via a USB connector but if it does it's probably not a bad idea to get a deck that can support USB connection & charging.

As to insulating / sound deadening the doors, just be careful, some people have used expanding foam type materials with some success, but too much spray foam and you run the risk of it expanding so much that it will actually warp the door skin (I've seen the photos, it's not pretty)

NefCanuck

Thanks Nef. I'll check out that adapter. As for the sound deadening, though there are some other similar products I am looking at Dynamat and Dynasorb materials. They are more of a sheeting. I hear there are some similar alternatives to that though that I have not looked at yet.

~Ub
(08-06-2011, 12:30 AM)Ubiety Wrote:
(08-06-2011, 12:10 AM)NefCanuck Wrote: The steering wheel adapter recommended is from a company called Pacific Accessories Corporation, here is a link to the products listed as compatible with the 2007 Ford Focus: 2007 PAC Audio Steering Wheel controls

NefCanuck

Thanks Nef. I'll check out that adapter. As for the sound deadening, though there are some other similar products I am looking at Dynamat and Dynasorb materials. They are more of a sheeting. I hear there are some similar alternatives to that though that I have not looked at yet.

AccuMat is a cheaper alternative.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
updated... Edited first post.

Smile

~Ub

The tweeters look nice! Was it just them 4 and the subs you had done?
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
(09-30-2011, 10:44 AM)Mystake Wrote: The tweeters look nice! Was it just them 4 and the subs you had done?

thanks!! yes, the front door speakers with tweeters and rear door speakers with tweeters. Amp tucked under seat. small 8" sub in the trunk. i'll add rear pictures in the morning.

does anyone have a simple explanation of power of an amp and the power requirements of speakers? its a bit confusing as i think i am overthinking it now. rms vs peak seems straight forward but how does that power translate to everyday listening and "hey awesome song crank it" use?

ohh and some good tracks to throw at the system, recommendations welcome! classical, rock, bass, clarity, distortion basically some ideas i can test and see where i may need to tweak or tune.

~Ub
new pics added.

~Ub
got the window cranks fixed. new clips for them were put on, so no more random rattle while driving.

found out when i have the windows down for the front doors and the door is opened and closed the window huts the rear of the door speaker. the speaker has been moved forward just almost 1/4" i think. just testing if it will hit the door panel now Tongue

has anyone heard the fuse box electrical signals messing with crossovers when the are mounted under dash near the fuse box? i was having some unexplained crackling or cutting out of driver side tweet and mid. dropping crossover from its mount near fusebox and everything is normal. testing it almost same location but closer to the firewall, and so far no random crackling or cutting in and out.

i also stopped the license plate rattle by removing the dealer advert plate cover and adding a folded costco size paper towel under the middle of the rear plate.

~Ub