Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlocking iPhone 3G
Anyone has done it on here?
What is the best software to do it? Redsn0w?
Let's share the info. I want to unlock my iPhone 3G that is with Rogers so I can use it with Telus.
Thanks
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
(12-26-2010, 02:59 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: Anyone has done it on here?
Let's share the info. I want to unlock my iPhone 3G that is with Rogers so I can use it with Telus.
Thanks

I do not recommend jailbreaking unlock solutions for iPhone. I had my iPhone unlocked, and it gave me so many hassles, you can't do a restore without the risk of bricking it, and you have to have Cydia always on the phone as a result of the unlock solution, it gave me too many hassles than it was worth. Rogers now unlocks the iPhone legit for $50 dollars, it adds your imei to the white list, so even if you factory restore it, it still remains unlocked and you do not have to worry about 3rd party software like Cydia to mess up all the time.

Oh and Merry Christmas NikterZts. Hope Santa was nice to you
My other ride is your Mom
Sorry, Paolo is wrong.

You can't brick a 3g (if you go on the definition that /nothing/ works if it's bricked). He is correct though in that they can fail and then you have to go through a procedure to restore it. As far as unlocking goes, best thing ever.

Sometimes the phone gets a bit slow, true but the advantages of having Cydia over not having Cydia are huge.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
(12-27-2010, 04:49 AM)Mystake Wrote: Sorry, Paolo is wrong.

You can't brick a 3g (if you go on the definition that /nothing/ works if it's bricked). He is correct though in that they can fail and then you have to go through a procedure to restore it. As far as unlocking goes, best thing ever.

Sometimes the phone gets a bit slow, true but the advantages of having Cydia over not having Cydia are huge.

you CAN brick it depending on what release of firmware you have, and not to mention, it WILL nullify your warranty with apple. so do it at your own risk. I was tired of my iphone signal bar dropping to zero and coming back to full after i unlocked it, it eventually bricked and i got rid of it. My next iphone will be a factory unlocked from the mac store, or i will pay the unlocking fee from the carriers
That sounds like something was wrong with your specific phone.

By bricking I mean the phone is unrecoverable, can't be reset, never used again, as in it's next use is as a paperweight.
My phone never has had an issue with signal loss and coming back to full like yours. The most I've ever had was having to reset my network settings but that's it.

I'll at least say my iPhone is out of warranty, dunno bout OP
(12-27-2010, 07:40 AM)Mystake Wrote: That sounds like something was wrong with your specific phone.

By bricking I mean the phone is unrecoverable, can't be reset, never used again, as in it's next use is as a paperweight.
My phone never has had an issue with signal loss and coming back to full like yours. The most I've ever had was having to reset my network settings but that's it.

I'll at least say my iPhone is out of warranty, dunno bout OP

I guess you don't know what Industry I work in Huh
Nope, but I can tell you that my iPhone works as expected, which is fine, even though its software unlocked.
I know how to unlock it buy a new phone, Sorry I had to. Smile
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
how is that a solution? new phones from your carrier are often locked to their respective provider, unless you buy it full price from apple, you can request an unlocked version, this will be factory unlocked, u can do the software updates on it properly and not having to worry about the dreaded problem where the phone gets bricked and corrupted and needs to be re-stored via itunes.

I have noticed some unlockers who offer white list unlocking for a very good price, its basically adds your imei to the apple white list in itunes and your phone is factory unlocked, no more need for Cydia or Jail break solutions, or bricking your phone again.
Bring dat thread from dead.
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
lmao I didn't even notice that.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
me three
Just gonna bump it one more time here....
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Old thread but...
Rogers should be able to unlock your phone Nick then all you have to do is buy a 10$ SIM card from Telus.
seeing as i have been in the mobile industry and unlocked a fair share of iphones, androids , blackberry`s and windows phones ,

There is nothing wrong with jailbreaking a Iphone 3g , and you can even do it and not worry about warranty , just restore it back to a official iphone firmware.

As a precaution , please note that yes you can brick your phone , but its a easy restore to fix it. Cydia may be a pain , but hey just move it to the end of the list and don`t even use it , the point to unlock a phone is to use it on a different carrier. so go for it. its not hard several ways out now. most are pretty safe , and easy to go back to.

Carriers rarely nd will try to avoid giving you a unlock code , even though they techncally are obligated to give you the code after your contract or if you bought the phone outright after te warranty period is over.
http://www.fastgsm.com
(12-26-2010, 02:59 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: Anyone has done it on here?
Thanks

I have no idea about software.If you want to unlock your Iphone 3G from the network lock,you can use remote unlocking service to unlock it.I would suggest you to get this service from Mobileunlockguide.com at reasonable price.Here they ask you to specify the country name,current network provider and IMEI number of your mobile phone.They are using latest version of iTunes software.So it is safe and secure way to unlock your Iphone 3G permanently.After unlocking,you can use it with Telus.
Not sure if this counts but having been CERTIFIED from the hardware vendors, manufacturers, trained on Software, access to tools and software that the average joe wont have, hardware repairs, and even building and maintaining the wireless networks I think Its safe to say I know my Sh**.

We had 2 identical model iPhones, one was factory unlocked via carrier (costs approx $50 bucks) and the second was unlocked via Jail break which can be done at your average Fli market, by any average Jo.

The factory unlocked model worked fine, the one that they used the unofficial tools to unlock and jail break, was piss poor in terms of reliability. It would freeze, crash often, it would loose signal. Now NOT every jail break is like this but it is something that you open yourself up to. Once you jail break your phone cant get software updates via itunes so it will have more bugs/crashes and compatibility issues., where as the factory unlocked can easily be updated via itunes no issues.

Not saying dont jail break, just know that your phone does have more of a chance of having these issues, maye not brick your phone permanently, but definitely problems can happen.
Does anyone even still use iPhone 3G's?
125whp/129wtq
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
just get the factory unlock, but seriously, an iphone 3G?

You have the muscles, crotch rocket, and car to get the girls, but you're still single because you have an iPhone 3G...

Hot Chick: "nice bike, you're hawt!"
Nik: "yeah babe, gimme your number yo"
HC: "sure, give me your phone, I'll punch it in for you"
Nik: "sweet"
HC: "f**k!, this s**t's old, it's too slow -- let's just be friends instead."
Nik: [Image: nooooo.jpg]
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!