Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purple Fog lights are in!
Looking niceee!!
thanks!
[Image: 40754_446552998430_710748430_5189862_536...pycopy.jpg]

* 2010 SES * Ingot Silver * Automatic Transmission * FSWorks Cold Air Intake System * Tinted tail lights * Muteki Super Tuner Lug Nuts (Hot Pink) * NuStart 2-way Remote Starter
ticketed in Guelph for 8K HIds in projectors, Then Impounded for 2 weeks for "racing parts" On my Civic.(no bottle in the car... But lines)

Not speeding, 87 DB tested exhaust.

Driving a civic didnt help, But it all started with 8K bulbs...

food for thought.
(03-05-2011, 09:41 AM)Chromey Wrote: ticketed in Guelph for 8K HIds in projectors, Then Impounded for 2 weeks for "racing parts" On my Civic.(no bottle in the car... But lines)

Not speeding, 87 DB tested exhaust.

Driving a civic didnt help, But it all started with 8K bulbs...

food for thought.

Damn Chromey that sucks,

BTW, YGPM
My other ride is your Mom
(01-30-2011, 02:29 AM)dinabaybee Wrote: wow lol I didn't post a thread for you guys to argue lol

yeah.... welcome to the internet.

(02-01-2011, 03:26 PM)OAC_Sparky Wrote:
(02-01-2011, 11:22 AM)amandina_xo Wrote: aha really ? that sucks.. I've had my pink ones on for months and never once has a cop stopped me. Well its not like my plate isn't legible so maybe that's why Tongue

(02-01-2011, 03:07 PM)Mystake Wrote: see that's how I felt, mine IS legible. Sure, it's a BIT harder to see cause its smoked but that's what the plate lights are for.

The cop that pulled me over was just being a dink (no typo). He even checked my tint. I think it had to with it being Aurora, I'm sure I'd get pulled over more often if I were there more.

Again, it's a subjective call, but it is in the HTA:
(01-29-2011, 03:56 PM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/statute....htm#BK118

Quote:Number plate to be kept clean

(2) Every number plate shall be kept free from dirt and obstruction and shall be affixed so that the entire number plate, including the numbers, is plainly visible at all times, and the view of the number plate shall not be obscured or obstructed by spare tires, bumper bars, any part of the vehicle, any attachments to the vehicle or the load carried. 1994, c. 27, s. 138 (7).

Obstruction prohibited

(3) The number plates shall not be obstructed by any device that prevents the entire number plates including the numbers from being accurately photographed using a photo-radar system. 1993, c. 31, s. 2 (5).

Same

(3.0.1) The number plates shall not be obstructed by any device that prevents the entire number plates including the numbers from being accurately photographed using a red light camera system. 1998, c. 38, s. 2 (1).

Same

(3.1) The number plates shall not be obstructed by any device or material that prevents the entire number plates including the numbers from being identified by an electronic toll system. 1996, c. 1, Sched. E, s. 2 (1).

Offence

(4) Every person who contravenes subsection (2), (3), (3.0.1) or (3.1) is guilty of an offence. 1993, c. 31, s. 2 (5); 1996, c. 1, Sched. E, s. 2 (2); 1998, c. 38, s. 2 (2).

All the cop has to say is that he had a hard time reading your plate. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

My friend beat his ticket by taking pictures of his plate, from a bunch of different angles, the day he got his ticket. Went to court and asked 2 officers to look at the pictures, taking steps back and asking them to read the plate numbers. They were able to read the plates!!

he said the JOP actually lectured the cops saying to stop wasting him time with these tickets.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
thats good info, im keeping my tint on and I plan on eventually dropping the front license plate too. Doubt I'll get pulled over fro it in Ottawa.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Dropping the front plate? For sure you'll get pulled over for it & charged in Ottawa. Thats an easy one for them. Lots of guys think they can get away with it and failed.

I wish I talked to my buddy before my charge. I was charge for obstructing the plates on my Justy with a yellow cover.

I've always covered my plates with a shield, Usually clear, but got yellow cuz it looked good on the Justy. Ive never been bothered with my clear one.
awww really?!?! I figure with all the quebecers that drive over here that's one they'd let slide. That would be by FAR one of the lamest reasons to get pulled over in Ottawa.

I've only been hastled once for tinted plate cover and that was in Aurora (south of newmarket, north of toronto). Lotta young couples with money there though so I'm not overly surprised I got picked off. Might've helped had I been running headlights and not just DRLs.

but anyway, that's balls. Clear covers won't get you bothered, the tinted ones are the issue. I'm probably still going to remove my front plate, maybe I'll just mount to the dash on the inside instead. My replacement EUDM bumper doesn't have anything drilled into it and I kinda wanna keep it that way.
I ran with my plate in the front window for a few years, never was pulled over. But I never spent much time on city streets, mostly highway and country roads.
(03-11-2011, 04:41 AM)Mystake Wrote: I'm probably still going to remove my front plate, maybe I'll just mount to the dash on the inside instead.

That will just be an even bigger heat score here, thats exactly what some of the guys did and they still got charged.
AFAIK the plate only has to be visible from the front of the car, I thought that included windshields.

9. (3) The number plates for a motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle or a motor assisted bicycle, shall be attached to and exposed in a conspicuous position on the front and rear of the motor vehicle. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 628, s. 9 (3).
(02-02-2011, 08:15 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote:
(02-02-2011, 12:12 AM)CanadaSVT Wrote:
(01-30-2011, 02:29 AM)amandina_xo Wrote: wow lol I didn't post a thread for you guys to argue lol

Stick around, you'll get used to it Undecided

Where is Meaford? LOL

LOL
I've been outta the loop for a while here but the battles that go on here can be intense
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

(03-11-2011, 06:13 AM)Mystake Wrote: AFAIK the plate only has to be visible from the front of the car, I thought that included windshields.

9. (3) The number plates for a motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle or a motor assisted bicycle, shall be attached to and exposed in a conspicuous position on the front and rear of the motor vehicle. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 628, s. 9 (3).

Unfortunately, you thought wrong.
Im sure you can get away with the front playe off the bumper.... BUT

It better be attached to the windshield Smile
(03-11-2011, 06:13 AM)Mystake Wrote: AFAIK the plate only has to be visible from the front of the car, I thought that included windshields.

I put the key words in bold. Attached meaning that it's bolted, so you can't just change it with another plate. And unless you drive the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile your windshield isn't on the front of your car.

[Image: oscar-meyer-wienermobile.jpg]
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Blue on the front, clear on the rear. Never been bothered. It's all good.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
maybe I'll just invest in one of those show n go plate thingies that flick your plate out from underneath at the flick of a switch.

sounds like i'd be better off Sad

and I really thought Ottawa of all places was somewhere I could get away with it too just because of how many french canadians come over. This makes me miss Oshawa, lol.
MTO is getting the complaints,,the sharp blue is quite hard on ones eyes and thus the complaints and thus the tickets
Move to Alberta you dont need a front plate Wink