Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Milestone...
:ph34r: Hey everyone,

I figured some of you were wondering if this day would happen...so...:

[Image: IMG_1405.jpg]

I'm still lurking about. Real life has set in double-time, especially since the downturn of the economy and work kicking into overdrive.

Hope everyone is in good health and in good spirits.

*knock on wood*
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
Wow, that's amazing (Not to mention a tad frightening :lol:)

NefCanuck
That is quite the milestone Rich! Any plans for her this summer?
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
cool
gotta be the highest

is that driving 100km/h on 401 everyday? can that focus go any faster then that now?

;)
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Holy crap!

I only have 122000km on my daily-driven 2000. Does that mean I don't have to buy a new car for another 29 years?
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Congrats on making that milestone. Does ford have anything in the book for the half mil service? Or was anyone at ford thinking that far ahead.

How's the car running anyways?

I turned my focus over to the dealership with only 39,000 km after 4 years... the stang is just 2 (and a half!) with 23,000 on the clock.
So my car should realistically get me to retirement.

wonder if you'll still be able to buy gasoline by then..

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Wow. Must be time for a rebuild soon eh? Do the dealership guys have conniptions when you show up for service? :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Must be a record.

Nice work on getting it that far.
You'd think that Ford would want to put that on a pedestal to prove the new "quality" and longevity of their products.
Hey Rich

glad you are still enjoying the car. Honestly i'm not that surperised the car can do 400K and maybe even more. The engine on those cars are solid and built to last. Also you have always kept up with proper maintenance for her.

Even when you look into the junk yards, you will see tons of Focus engines which means no one is buying them and thats why they go for so cheap.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Wow thats quite the mark Hope to see another 100,000 out of her that would be amazing. What are the spec im guessing 2000 With a Zetec. What sorta major maintance have you had done? is it auto or stick?
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
wow Rich congrats, but I would have thought you hit the 500,000 mark by now with the ammount of driving you do. I would not be suprised if you hit the million mile mark as I have heard of a few fords hitting that mark already.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Mar 9 2009, 05:14 PM Wrote:wow Rich congrats, but I would have thought you hit the 500,000 mark by now with the ammount of driving you do. I would not be suprised if you hit the million mile mark as I have heard of a few fords hitting that mark already.
[right][snapback]282358[/snapback][/right]

Dont forget he only drives when Go is delayed or cancelled :)

so 400KMs is not that bad. On the other hand, Go should really do something about thier service! :D
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Actually, now with work I'm all over the place. Yes, I still GO, but there are days where I have to drive more. Oddly enough, I'm not doing nearly as much driving now as I did when I first got my car. Remember too that the odometer reading would be higher if you add in the times I had the Taurus loaners and other service loaners. Now that I think about it, I've probably racked up to 410,000 km.

As for the car (for those who don't know), it's a 2002 ZTS, AND it's an auto. She does have the battle scars of being my daily commuter (and probably subjected to up to 20 years of weather abuse - salt, rain, UV, salt, slush, salt, mud, salt).

Nothing really special to her longevity. Wash her and wax her skin up. Feed her gas. Give her the usual oil changes every 5k (just using normal Ford 5W20 and the Motorcraft filter). Do the right/preventative maintenance (fluid changes, belt changes, etc.). Get broken things fixed ASAP. Use Ford parts. I've got a good relationship with my dealers...so they don't mind me :)

No plans yet. I might take her out for a lap at Mosport this year during the On Track.

*knockin on wood...she'll get me through another 400,000 km*
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
Yeah bring it to Mosport... one of the few cars I might actually be able to pass :P :lol:

I keed, I keed

NefCanuck
Holy CRAP!!

way to go man!

Here's to the next 400k!

maybe I'll randomly bump into ....again.... in the future somewhere lol
Wow, its amazing how far these cars will go with just some PROPER maintenance.
Good work Richard! Proper oil changes and tune-ups go a loooong way
My other ride is your Mom
I wonder what the resale value is lol?
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold