Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caw Reaches Tentative Agreement With Gm
meford4u,Mar 9 2009, 08:33 PM Wrote:but I chose to be where I am because of the stress free environment and the wages I make.  Am I lucky?  You bet.  But its not for everyone.

:lol: maybe strees free for you but ever since I started at Ford in the mid 80's the headlines in my head have been:

'car plant needs something to replace the Tempo/Topaz or the plant will be gone',

'Mack truck across the QEW, the best quality, most productive plant they have in NA is shutting down'

'the truck plant is going to one shift',

'the truck plant is going to be closed down',

'St.Thomas plant going to one shift'

'the plant manager Garneau is running the Freestar/Edge plant into the ground because he has a hate on for us Canadians',

'St.Thomas plant will be gone by 2012'

'the Edge/MKX will support a #3 shift.......oh sorry no it won't and maybe not even a #2 shift'

'finance idiot Tony Clement states GM and the CAW have not cut deep enough, I want those companies and workers that have fed us with billions and billions of dollars in income tax,property tax, EI, CPP, spin-off jobs, etc. to be bled dry'

With my grade 12 education it is the best job I could walk into, but not completely stress free over the years. :lol:
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.