Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wrc rally replica build thread
Hmm... That's the disadvantage of remote tuning I guess... I'm sure he'll get it sorted out eventually Leo... What's he saying is wrong?
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
yes, i m in touch with randy right now, he is now saying that my throttle body is aftermarket or tps is problem.
i dont have problem driving before putting turbo, i am the one installed turbo, i saw exactly what i saw. i know i got used car 7 month ago but i know what oem looks like and i never had to touch tps while doing it.

i believe tps is faulty, shouldnt i have problem with driving?
and while typing this, he is telling me in 5500rpm datalog, tps is already doing WOT, i didnt have to do WOT to keep 5500rpm when i was doing datalogging.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
randy sees more datalogs than anybody, and he can tell just by the numbers if something is wrong. He's been pretty bang on when he did tuning for me. He's quick and pointing you in the right direction and usually get the issue fixed.

I would just change the TPS with the one in your old car, or better yet just pickup a new one. I had a TPS sensor failure a few times in my old car. Are your TPS readings bouncing around when your just at idle?

i heard auto tps and manual tps is different. called around already. no delaerships around here have in stock as always and they want 79.99 for it, special order takes 2~3days which means not this week but next week. and no returns.

and he didnt mention anything about ilding datalog, only 5500rpm datalog.
and i am looking at my datalog and tps is averaging at 0.424 but i see it bounce 0 to 0.750 but seems like this is not an issue according to randy.
and i am not sure how tps value works but at 5500rpm datalog, it is at 285.932, min 284.047 and max 288.047, are these number only can be seen at WOT?
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I usually logged TP_Relative...
that is what it is
okay, looks like, it wasnt the tps problem like randy told me before.
he sent me another tune yesterday and i datalogged it.
once i compare old one to new one, afr was the matter.
with old one, car was already going WOT fueling mode at 5500rpm which runs 12.531 rich average.
now with new one, afr shows 15.084 stoich average. which looks good because car is not going into WOT fueling mode anymore at 5500rpm.
woooohoooo~sometimes not following what randy said is good.
asked me earlier if i am using different intake and aftermarket throttle body, i need to buy o2 sensor from dealership, new tps and so on, it was actual tuning problem.
i think he got confused with turbocharger i have.
and he was using same tune from standard gt28(small turbo), mine is gt2871r.
after 4 different tunes, got correct one finally, now he approved me to do WOT datalog.
m sooo excited, i still gotta pick up some stuff from my old apartment and will try this around 11pm when not lot of cars around.
Glad to hear your finally getting this sorted Leo. Let us know how the Wide Open Throtle run goes.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Whoo-hoo Leo!!! Let us know how the wot goes!!! UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
it went pretty good, randy didnt take a look at it yet but watched out afr gauge and it shows pretty good around 10.3
and with 5 psi only, my front feels lighter when going boost.

my turbo spools up at 3750rpm, as long as i m in right gear and rpm range, i m good.
jesus christ!! how much do i need to spend to please randy?
he looked at my datalog and asked how much boost i am making.
i told him 5 psi and that is what he or garette set it on wg actuator. he is now telling me to buy boost controller and i told him i will buy it in a month or two.
now he is telling me because i dont have boost controller, he said he needs to adjust his tune all over again.
and he is going to ask me to do datalog again and again and again.

so f it. i am buying boost controller and up the boost and hope that is all i need.
Pain in the ass eh Leo... I'm sure you can pick up a manual T inline boost controller for super cheap I'm sure
i got a spare boost controller if u want it.......i dont need it for mine, im just running off 8psi spring...pm me and come get it,

it looks like this
https://www.turboxs.com/shop/product.php?id_product=137
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
(09-02-2011, 09:21 PM)buzz2.0 Wrote: i got a spare boost controller if u want it.......i dont need it for mine, im just running off 8psi spring...pm me and come get it,

it looks like this
https://www.turboxs.com/shop/product.php?id_product=137

pmd
If your looking for electronic down the rd ill be selling mine come winter for cheap
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
omg randy recommends upto 11psi, i already feel fun with 5psi.
do you guys think stock clutch will handle it?
as long as i dont do wot all the time, it should be fine right?
i was planning to do clutches and diff next spring.
(09-03-2011, 03:50 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: If your looking for electronic down the rd ill be selling mine come winter for cheap

def, post it up when ready to sell
(09-03-2011, 03:55 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: omg randy recommends upto 11psi, i already feel fun with 5psi.
do you guys think stock clutch will handle it?
as long as i dont do wot all the time, it should be fine right?
i was planning to do clutches and diff next spring.
(09-03-2011, 03:50 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: If your looking for electronic down the rd ill be selling mine come winter for cheap

def, post it up when ready to sell

Considering the time, money and effort you've invested so far, a little patience and 11 psi will get you the full reward you deserve ... hang in there, let Randy do his thing and you will have the best result possible.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
yeah true
since they are giving out warranty on their turbo kit, they are throwing out multiple itmes that i need to purchase and replace.
but turns out that tuning was not right one for my turbocharger.
it is kinda hard to diagnosis without looking at it.

that is big disadvantage of remote tuning, i still gotta do more datalogs but i only can do after 1 am or later because i had to slow down before hitting redline or 88mph.
so this takes long time to get it done.

but once i get it done, i will be the happiest focus owner in the world, lol
im still rocking stock clutch, however it is likely better then a zetec clutch. go to 11psi, might as well.

For third gear pulls, you really should find a road that is about 1km or so long and do a pull there, a road no1 goes on like an industrial road in the evening. i have such road down street from my shop that i use without issue every datalog i do (and ive done a lot due to all my upgrades and different tuning things i wanted done)

Just be patient, Randy takes a little bit of time to get the tuning done, he is also very busy so bare that in mind.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
where is that road? can i use?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My first build thread, 2000 ZX3 turned RS MikkelRS 59 29,102 07-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Last Post: MikkelRS
  Few new parts, possible build thread? jtdanks 40 24,171 05-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jtdanks