Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dyno Day?
I'm in Dru,

Let's figure out a date and I say we go back to DaSilva. Like Jamie said, "they know how to tune a dyno and not f**k up your car too".

Plain and simple... Pats a douche!!! Sry, Ask tony for pictures of his SVT.

Anyway, I am volunteering again for being the West end Collector for the Deposit or the full fee. Which is all in cash BTW...

We had a blast last time, that being said yes we were rushed. Reason being they had to leave early because they had a huge Drag racing event with his son being involved at Cayuga. So seriously they did their job and said a big thank you at the end. What more could you ask for, really??

Sooo, I guess I'm gonna have to get my ass in gear and get the Cams, UDP, Injectors and a new tune in from FS to try and make the High Middle section for the power bands I imagine everyone will be putting out.

April is a busy month for me. I am doing some classes at Humber for a DZ License so I can get a good paying job with a future for a family. But I'm good after mid-June. Let's see if we can maybe get something for July that way people have enough time to group together and build up what they got. Plus the weather is usually good then too.

As for something to do after that, we could try and find a go-cart track or head to a place for some grub, a cruise and some photos.

I'm really looking forward for this event.

Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

(03-26-2011, 05:13 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: If DaSilva wants to treat a community day as a meatgrinder, I'm out. I didn't realize it was at DaSilva. I'm not a Steeda fan, but if they're going to be a little more respectful then sure - I'll go there.

And Daniel and I need AWD dynos, LOL! Just in case the ZX3 isn't ready in time.

Yup, Neetronics in Oakville has an AWD dyno and I'd really like to be able to dyno with the Focus'es just so they can hear what new surprise I have this year Big Grin

NefCanuck
(03-28-2011, 10:52 AM)NefCanuck Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 05:13 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: If DaSilva wants to treat a community day as a meatgrinder, I'm out. I didn't realize it was at DaSilva. I'm not a Steeda fan, but if they're going to be a little more respectful then sure - I'll go there.

Yup, Neetronics in Oakville has an AWD dyno and I'd really like to be able to dyno with the Focus'es just so they can hear what new surprise I have this year Big Grin

NefCanuck

Ohh, you got a rumble maker did ya??????
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

ya can we investigate other places rather than dasilva?
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Sorry but I won't be able to host a dyno day at any other location other than DaSilva, and trust me rates across the board are usally $50 for two pulls WITHOUT Air Fuel. Neetronics has a great facility but they are more expensive because its AWD and as for Steeda I have dynoed and tuned there aswell and I was not impressed at all. Pat is a nice guy but for the actual dyno there skills are lacking. John you are Right I forgot that Matt was racing that weekend he rushed it a bit more so he could get out to the OSCA event I'll take that into consideration when were talking about dates.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
I'm just going to say this now - I am not going to drive out from Ottawa if we're going to get the same treatment as last time.

A bit more of a welcoming environment would be nice.

Considering his son was racing and that's why he rushed out, it shouldn't be too hard to avoid that situation again.
ok i've got one buddy so far who wants to come. He's driving a 07 Mazda 3 with a few mods and is itching to come if the mazda guys from down south show up too.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
i'll post it there once we have more details, and you guys all tell me you're cool with them being there.
I drive by DaSilva almost everyday from work and they already have bad ass looking mustangs outs on the lot for tuning and what not. I mean these Stangs look beautiful.

Last time I was at Neetronics with group dyno day it was $100 for 3 pulls I believe. I k ow one of the guys from that shop pretty well and can ask what kind of pricing he can do for this club.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Depending on my work schedule and what time I have to get ready for this get-together, I might honestly want to get in on some AWD dyno action. If you can check into it Nik, go nuts.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
(03-26-2011, 01:46 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: and its not a MD its a Dynojet which is far more accurate

No, people like dynojets because they get higher numbers. I wouldn't say they are far more accurate than a MD.

Mystake Wrote:I am not going to drive out from Ottawa if we're going to get the same treatment as last time.

Theres 3 Dyno's in town here you can use. KVR's MD AWD dyno, and it was $80 for 2 pulls for me last year.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
(03-30-2011, 04:56 AM)Flofocus Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 01:46 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: and its not a MD its a Dynojet which is far more accurate

No, people like dynojets because they get higher numbers. I wouldn't say they are far more accurate than a MD.

tell me how oscar made more power at steedas MD than at dasilvas dynojet? LOL

also, when we went to steeda, my car made 139whp and 165wtq, that is simply not possible for a 2.0l w/ I/H/E tune etc... atleast the Dynojet was giving us pretty accurate numbers by comparison to comparable cars that have had other dynos done in other areas of the world.

I bet pat doesnt know how to calibrate the dyno properly, not only that but they are morons for everything that they have done in the past to people. IE tony's SVT and they still last i heard around christmas have not made things right

2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Didn't do an oil change beforehand, bad spark plugs, warmer day.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(03-31-2011, 04:07 AM)GFXjamie Wrote:

LOTS of factors to play in. what was the temp that day? humidity levels? Was the dyno properly calibrated? tons and tons of others.

Quote:I bet pat doesnt know how to calibrate the dyno properly

Dyno operator is huge. Dont knock MD because some guy doesnt know what he's doing. I've been on 3 different dyno's with my subie and all were within 10HP of eachother.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
(03-31-2011, 05:07 AM)Flofocus Wrote:
(03-31-2011, 04:07 AM)GFXjamie Wrote:

LOTS of factors to play in. what was the temp that day? humidity levels? Was the dyno properly calibrated? tons and tons of others.

Quote:I bet pat doesnt know how to calibrate the dyno properly

Dyno operator is huge. Dont knock MD because some guy doesnt know what he's doing. I've been on 3 different dyno's with my subie and all were within 10HP of eachother.

I have no intentions of standing up for Pat - I had some rough experiences with him myself - both on the Fusion and the Focus ... but to be fair, his business is 99% Mustangs and his dyno is set up for his Mustang customers - he did let us know in no uncertain terms that he did not reconfigure the dyno for our Foci FWIW.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(03-28-2011, 11:44 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote:
(03-28-2011, 10:52 AM)NefCanuck Wrote:

NefCanuck

Ohh, you got a rumble maker did ya??????

Let's just say when I light up the car first thing in the morning now, those Mustang Bullitt rims (when they go back on) are gonna make a lot more sense Big Grin and when I hit the gas? Angel

C'mon weather, get warm & stay that way Dodgy

NefCanuck
Dan you can't say those things and then not tell us what you're talking about.
Patience young grasshopper, but I need an assistant to record what I've done Angel

NefCanuck
have you actually done it dan? do u have a 4 door mustang?Big Grin
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
(04-01-2011, 01:36 PM)Spinal Wrote: have you actually done it dan? do u have a 4 door mustang?Big Grin

Here's my reply: MWAHAHAHAHAHA!Big Grin

NefCanuck