Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Focus - Active Shutters
Did anyone see the new commercial on the 2012 Foci? It talks about a new feature "active grill shutters" that closes air dams in the front grill automatically at certain speeds to make it more aerodynamic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIixELzJSP0

I thought it was pretty neat!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Either they ripped off GM (The Cruze has this feature on their fuel economy package as well) or vice versa, but either way it's an interesting bit.

Dunno what happens if it "sticks" in the wrong position though Huh

NefCanuck
(04-09-2011, 02:08 PM)NefCanuck Wrote: Dunno what happens if it "sticks" in the wrong position though Huh

NefCanuck

I was wondering the same thing, what about our crappy winters and if it freezes shut or open?Huh
I use to disable my pop-up headlights in the open position for winter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQYkJj8rME
'14 Escape 2.0t
(04-10-2011, 03:37 AM)moon111 Wrote: I use to disable my pop-up headlights in the open position for winter.

Ha, I did that with my '77 TR7 back in high school.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
A `77 TR7 in winter? Huh? I don't get it. LOL.
And, by watching the video, it looks as if the wipers/washers are on the right side of the steering wheel.

Anyone else notice that there are five wheel studs?

Was going to say, Euro Foci have had that for a few years. But yes, it's on the new SFE 2012 NA Focus now.

Was at the movies last night when a commercial for the '12 Focus came on... I was like "aaaawwwwww yeeeeaaaaahhhh!", G/F was all *poker face*.

Some folks just don't get it. Tongue
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
(04-12-2011, 09:29 PM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: Was going to say, Euro Foci have had that for a few years. But yes, it's on the new SFE 2012 NA Focus now.

Was at the movies last night when a commercial for the '12 Focus came on... I was like "aaaawwwwww yeeeeaaaaahhhh!", G/F was all *poker face*.

Some folks just don't get it. Tongue

They never will
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

lol Adam, that scenario sounds so similar...
'14 Escape 2.0t