Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resetting the check engine light
so;

ABS system is perfectly fine. It's looking like a wiring issue, nothing more. Whew! It's the rear left sensor that is setting off the light but the sensor itself is perfectly fine, so, as I said, a wiring issue.

the front end rattle/ting I heard was the uh... plate that covers exhaust.. heat shield I think? I dunno. i'm not convinced but if I hear anymore noise I'll take it back in.

I took a car rental for today, 2011 Ford Fusion S. Thread to come, but that car blew hard. Dan, I've got some questions for you Tongue (like how do you see behind you?! the rearview mirror, the sideview mirrors (and the corners/blindspot mirrors built into them), the blindspots, the rear windshield... can't see a THING behind the fusion!! I'm tall and I couldn't even see the end of the front of the car, let alone the back. It sucks to park.

was told by the 3rd garage now that my front left outer tie rod end needs replacing (and apparently these things can pop out?? what's the risk factor here there isn't THAT much play in it, much, MUCH less than the wheel bearing), so maybe I'll get that done some day... haha

and also found out that my front right spring is broke!! AND! It gets fixed for FREE! Then I get a free toe in adjustment but I need to do the tie rod end first. Also the sway bar endlinks.

but woo!! free suspension parts and labour! I guess they'll only replace the one side, right? Well.. that's one side that'll be easier to take out/apart when coilovers go in!

Campbell ford was very nice to me; they didn't even call me to tell me the car was ready but it was when I went anyway. My rental came out to 25$, they did not charge me for gas or mileage!! I was expecting to pay closer to about 40$ tax and gas in, but hey... only 25$!
I did not get charged labour for 'fixing' the heatshield, so I am pleased about that. Campbell, for the 2nd time, gets a thumbs up from me!
now that I have some wiring to trace... anyone tip me off on how the ABS wiring runs from the module to the rear wheels?
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Man the S model? Yech, that's bottom of the barrel in terms of Fusion features.

As to backing up, mirrors, mirrors and Rear Park Assist, without which the rear of the car would look like mush Dodgy

NefCanuck
the rearview mirror gives me a huuuge blind spot towards the front right of the fusion, lol. and yeah, when backing up it's extremely hard to tell how far back you actually are.

and yeah, that fusion has NO balls.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Check Engine Light KillaCamST 16 5,835 04-09-2010, 04:51 AM
Last Post: KillaCamST
  Check Gas Cap Light sonic_mikey 11 12,465 01-23-2010, 04:35 AM
Last Post: sonic_mikey
  Check Fuel Cap Light On NefCanuck 9 5,380 01-31-2006, 03:25 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck