Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what the effin' hell
Where the fawk have you been lately? I heards thru the grape vine you were in the slammer with PAPAroach.

(05-14-2011, 08:56 AM)DD1 Wrote: thats suck man sorry to hearAngry

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
no laying low in sarnia..... riding bikes now... My new to me bike is a kawi zx12r its fun, how you been meaford
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
It's hard fightin the fight with all these new punks who don't get my sense of humor on the site. Not a lot of fun anymore. Too many rules and not enough of the slappin around in the old days. Even puppet doesn't spend alot of time on the boring site anymore.

(05-16-2011, 04:18 AM)DD1 Wrote: no laying low in sarnia..... riding bikes now... My new to me bike is a kawi zx12r its fun, how you been meaford

well maybe we need to PITA this b!tch up
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
(05-16-2011, 08:10 AM)meford4u Wrote: ... Even puppet doesn't spend alot of time on the boring site anymore.

I do what I can... unfortunately, Work, Family and personal health take precedence...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Amen, we only have so many hours in our days.

NefCanuck
listen to you guys what have become of the old school bastards

kinda sad awesome a decade of making fun of each other

hell the old school guys have been around longer than some of our once wives who are now a pita ex wives
I can hear the moaning and groaning from my house in the country.

5 minutes a day of bastarding up the site you cannot afford the time?

(05-17-2011, 12:43 AM)meford4u Wrote: I can hear the moaning and groaning from my house in the country.

5 minutes a day of bastarding up the site you cannot afford the time?

so true B these new guys have no clueHuh
Soooo,

after my 2nd trip back to the dealership to have them sort out some issues with an incomplete job, I pick up my car looking pretty good.

I get it home only to find...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=309]

a wave big enough to surf on....

Also a few saggy spots starting to show on the roof too -- like someone left a shot-put on the roof.

*sigh* I'm starting to feel embarrassed that I insisted to the insurance company that I wanted to take my car to the dealership to get it done.

Attached Files
.jpg   225208_10150601236745174_845970173_18712671_6935509_n.jpg (Size: 82.92 KB / Downloads: 103)

Jesus DP, they let the car out of the dealership like that? That's crap (and I'm not just talking about the "quality" of the job either)

I would drive back there and ask to speak to the Operations Manager at the dealership and show him that hackjob, I mean it looks like a cripple tried to stretch that top taut and failed miserably (and before anyone jumps down my throat for the "cripple" crack, I am one so yeah Tongue)

NefCanuck
what's perplexing is the fact that it didn't look like that when I left the dealership... I guess the bubblegum gave out.

I'm bringing it back in first thing Tuesday morning...

Another question for those still tuning in....

How do I know if this top us a genuine ford part?

It's got rain gutters that I never had before and the top just seems a bit small...

Shouldn't there be a tag somewhere?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I'm pretty certain it's an aftermarket top.

unacceptable

Did you get charged for a ford top?
(05-21-2011, 08:30 PM)darkpuppet Wrote: I'm pretty certain it's an aftermarket top.

unacceptable

In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
Don't care what I paid for (or the insurance company is paying for).. I wouldn't have brought it to a Ford dealership if I wanted to cheap out and cut corners.

(05-22-2011, 01:32 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: Don't care what I paid for (or the insurance company is paying for).. I wouldn't have brought it to a Ford dealership if I wanted to cheap out and cut corners.

You would think it a safe assumption that a Ford dealer would put on an OEM Ford top ... but unless you specifically asked them to it wouldn't necessarily be something they were obligated to do. Next time at the dealership check out a new model convert and compare the tops ... it doesn't seem likely that they would change the design midway through a body-style; my bet is that you're right - it's aftermarket.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
My uncle brought his truck to be repaired after it had been hit in the front. The replacement bumper was used and had a hole drilled in the center. Perfect if you wanted to install an eye bolt to tie down a boat or canoe.
was it a Ford Dealer paint shop? or a CarStar inside the dealership? if it was the latter they most likely shopped around and got the cheapest aftermarket they coould....

side note did you go with a cloth top?
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting