Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what the effin' hell
was it a Ford Dealer paint shop? or a CarStar inside the dealership? if it was the latter they most likely shopped around and got the cheapest aftermarket they coould....

side note did you go with a cloth top?
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I didn't go with a cloth top because the dealership quoted an extra $1500 for it. Which is pretty startling..

I just have this suspicion that it's a top for a newer model. I can't even lower the top all the way right now. I'm trying to get it sorted out.

Does anyone know how I can get the part # of the top for a 2007 convertible?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Looks like my research has proven fruitfull...

The convertible top for the mustangs have changed 6 times since 2005. The current 2011's roof is now shared amongst all the older roofs. This explains why it's not exactly the same.

If I can get the dealership to deal with the wrinkles and the top not opening all the way, I guess It's the top I'll have to live with -- if the convertible top shop can't find a more representative piece to replace it with.

Isn't it time for you to move into a 2012 GT????????????????

Saw the post on GTAMC. Thieves suck ass...
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
I'm thinking of keeping the sixxer for a couple of years and save up for a lightly used gt500. They have no resale value, which is a boon for me.

I wouldn't give up, Steve - but then again I'm a notorious asshole when it comes to this stuff. It gets given back as it was intended or someone gets the gears. Having it given back to you in any other condition is unacceptable. The OEM top was damaged, the replacment, identical part number OEM top should be installed. Don't give up. That's how these assholes get mega-profits every year.

You'd scream if you got your car back on 4 aftermarket, non-OEM rims. Do the same for the rest of the car.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The problem is that the original top is no longer available from Ford. And I don't know how to go about getting one other than 'borrowing it' off of someone else's car.

That's pretty bad work from Ford, then, doing what they've done apparently. Especially late-model stuff, you should always be able to get proper parts for at least 10 years. This seems like they found a way to cut costs, and cut corners, and ran with it. f**ked up. Or, find another used top from a wreck and have them comp you the cost difference. Either way, something smells here.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
nah, the top does fit. The wrinkles have to come out. I'm curious if there was a redesign of the convertible frame as well that they haven't considered. I'll have to do my own research to make sure.

It wouldn't look so horrible if it wasn't so badly stretched. Fortunately, that's easy to fix.

Top is still not fixed properly

- I take it in, tell them everything to consider, including tint, possible damage to frame, etc... want it back "Like new"
- go back 1st time - no tint
- go back second time - poorly fitted, wrinkles, not original top style (though, a ford part), top won't go down all the way.
- go back a third time - nothing fixed, told to deal directly with company they had install the top -- I go for second opinions and everyone agrees it looks like crap, except the shop that did the work. though after a bit of discussion, and comparing the old top with the new, they agree that something's up.
- Still waiting to go back a 4th time, but discover cracked molding around top where they pried it off, and a staple/knife scratch in the clearcoat.

I've paid the deductible to get my car back, but I don't believe that the insurance company has paid the rest of the invoice yet. I wish I had better options than going back to the people who are slowly destroying my car... I hope they can make it right...

call up tuner transformation they'll fix it up Smile
(05-31-2011, 11:55 PM)hardk0re Wrote: call up tuner transformation they'll fix it up Smile

LOLZ - f**k that's funny. Sorry Steve, but it is.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Big black ball of electrical tape, here we come!!!

(05-31-2011, 11:55 PM)hardk0re Wrote: call up tuner transformation they'll fix it up Smile

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
ouch... you guys are heartless

That's the hassle when you're dealing with a fabric/vinyl product, too much variability in production runs, silent running changes etc.

Which is why I hope you get a chance to work out your frustrations on the little thugs that did this to your car.

NefCanuck
(05-31-2011, 11:44 PM)darkpuppet Wrote: Top is still not fixed properly

- I take it in, tell them everything to consider, including tint, possible damage to frame, etc... want it back "Like new"
- go back 1st time - no tint
- go back second time - poorly fitted, wrinkles, not original top style (though, a ford part), top won't go down all the way.
- go back a third time - nothing fixed, told to deal directly with company they had install the top -- I go for second opinions and everyone agrees it looks like crap, except the shop that did the work. though after a bit of discussion, and comparing the old top with the new, they agree that something's up.
- Still waiting to go back a 4th time, but discover cracked molding around top where they pried it off, and a staple/knife scratch in the clearcoat.

I've paid the deductible to get my car back, but I don't believe that the insurance company has paid the rest of the invoice yet. I wish I had better options than going back to the people who are slowly destroying my car... I hope they can make it right...

Two things Steve ... IMO you shouldn't relieve the dealership of their responsibility by "letting" you deal with the shop directly ... they made the choice of where to get it repaired, they should be the ones dealing with them to make it right.

Ask the insurance company for a different recommended shop and tell them you need to take it there now.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(06-01-2011, 09:28 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: Two things Steve ... Sell it, and buy Shelby

Fixed. Smile
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
(06-02-2011, 01:23 AM)Flofocus Wrote:
(06-01-2011, 09:28 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: Two things Steve ... Sell it, and buy Shelby

Fixed. Smile

QFT. It gave you a good run. Now step up to the real mover. I saw a brand new '11 GT500 vert yesterday. Nice ride!

(06-02-2011, 01:23 AM)Flofocus Wrote:

Fixed. Smile

Yeah Fraser Ford out here in Oshawa has a lot full of Shelby's all marked down to sell...
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
(06-01-2011, 10:23 AM)meford4u Wrote: Big black ball of electrical tape, here we come!!!

It's so buttery.

Stay true Steve-0.

Tell em' you aren't happy and your prepared to voice your displeasure publicly.