Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New,Sorta.
Hey all, New to focus canda (sort of) but not new to the focus. Had mine for almost a full year now I think.

What I'm bringing: 2003 Focus ZX3. 2.0l Zetec with an AEM short ram, and some rusted ass exhaust the last owner had on it (it's loud, but not really in a good way). some wonky ass suspension with a two inch drop, in the back, and stock ride on the front (something I hope to have fixed by the end of the summer). I have a build thread started on focaljet, and may start a second one here though it will likely be a little more sparse.

My goal with this car is to have a fun daily driver, that may one day become an autoX or amateur stock class rally toy. Appearance comes second to long term function, as well as durability.

Thanks for reading the mini novel I have started, I hope this site will be even half as helpful as the jet has been.

Oh yeah and representing Edmonton Alberta (or at least I will be in a week), originally from Medicine Hat.
(05-21-2011, 09:55 AM)Riitm Wrote: Hey all, New to focus canda (sort of) but not new to the focus. Had mine for almost a full year now I think.

What I'm bringing: 2003 Focus ZX3. 2.0l Zetec with an AEM short ram, and some rusted ass exhaust the last owner had on it (it's loud, but not really in a good way). some wonky ass suspension with a two inch drop, in the back, and stock ride on the front (something I hope to have fixed by the end of the summer). I have a build thread started on focaljet, and may start a second one here though it will likely be a little more sparse.

My goal with this car is to have a fun daily driver, that may one day become an autoX or amateur stock class rally toy. Appearance comes second to long term function, as well as durability.

Thanks for reading the mini novel I have started, I hope this site will be even half as helpful as the jet has been.

Oh yeah and representing Edmonton Alberta (or at least I will be in a week), originally from Medicine Hat.

Welcome aboard - we've got some excellent members from out west.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Welcome. Any questions, just ask. We are a fairly small group, mostly from the GTA and not nearly as large as the jet. But we won't judge you as most would over there. LOL. Check our FS forum as there are many deals to be had and you won't need to pay duty. Also when you have a chance, post some pics of your ride. We'd love to see her.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I apologize for the ghetto quality of my pictures, I can't be bothered to get out the SLR just to grab snapshots of the car. cameraphone pics ahoy.

When I got her. Poor girl was looking a little roughed up.

[Image: Image0050.jpg]
[Image: Image0053.jpg]
[Image: Image0059.jpg]

after a little bit of work. (replaced headlight housings, the Ebay ones were wired like shite, and basically didn't work at all. new valve cover gasket, and air filter, cleaned the engine. not shown yet but done: thermostat housing and new alternator and alternator pigtail)

[Image: Image0074.jpg]
[Image: Image0076.jpg]

and then after the debadge, custom grill (ghetto style, will be replaces one day) and hood repaint(only have pictures up to the primed state, still haven't done any of it painted.).

[Image: IMAG0003.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0004.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0006.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0007.jpg]

aaaand the SVT sideskirts I picked up to cover up the nasty bit of damage on the PS rocker panel. now painted the same shade of black as the hood is.

[Image: 2011-05-17165047.jpg]

a couple of the things I've been looking for:
-SVT suspension, or similarly aggressive. don't want it dumped or stanced out, just a bit of a drop.
-Eventually new shoes for the car. until then thinking I might paint the stockies black or gunmetal.
-Eventually (much farther down the road) I may go so far as a SVT or RS kit swap (non widebody), including st170 lights and grill.
-full body paintjob. going for a flat/matter black. I'm really not worried about resale since chances are I'm going to be the last owner of this one. she's had a long life and i intend on having her go out in a blaze of glory.

hum durrrrr... not sure what else A lot of my mods/repairs kind of happen as needed. I'm kind of hoping to keep this car running on not much more than a select few brand new replacement parts and scavenged stuff.
Edit: Oh yeah, and I am going to scrounge up a pair of OEM tails from the pick a part next chance I get. not digging the altezza/euro/wetf you want to call them bubbley ones. Also Needs a New handle on the hatch, this ones more or less destroyed and falling off. As well as getting all the extraneous wiring and car alarm ripped out, way to much "stuff" going on in the electrical department.