Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro Tails Installed!
Fresh from an e-Bay auction from Scotland, Euro tails and other bits I picked up...
[Image: DSCF7445.jpg]

Hmmm....how to make it work.
[Image: DSCF7446.jpg]

Two sets of signals-which one to use!
[Image: DSCF7441.jpg]
[Image: DSCF7443.jpg]

Nice to see this...
[Image: DSCF7444.jpg]

Didn't know about this little screw...
[Image: DSCF7442.jpg]

This was a throw in-I bid on it figuring I am paying the shipping cost may as well add it to the package.
[Image: DSCF7440.jpg]

Except for the clear signals (bought separately) total price shipped to my door-$125. That's for shipping and the e-Bay winning bids and a little extra for packaging.

Now for the install I did a lot of reading and determined the best way was to cut the stock wiring and install male/female plugs so I can move wires around to get the correct lamps to illuminate.
I drew out the wiring diagram so I could match up the Euro connector with the NA wiring. Inside there are 6 little tabs each corresponding to each lamp, ground etc. I just happened to have an old wiring harness in the garage...
[Image: DSCF7447.jpg]
A little re-working gave me a bunch of these...[Image: DSCF7448.jpg]
Crimp some bullet connectors on each wire, connect them up and drop some hot glue in there to hold everything in place and we are set.
More bullet connectors...
[Image: DSCF7452.jpg]
Since all of the wires come out of the black foam circle from the taillight I had to push the existing wiring harness in...
Before
[Image: DSCF7453.jpg]
After...
[Image: DSCF7454.jpg]
The foam seals perfectly against the hole. All of the wires are now inside the trunk under the plastic trim protected from the elements.

Done!
[Image: DSCF7455.jpg]
[Image: DSCF7456.jpg]
Yes, it's dirty. But these are way cool!

The front signals are to go with my Kijiji find-a urethane Euro bumper for $90.
[Image: DSCF7430.jpg]
looking good, cant wait to see the bumper painted and installed
E.O MASIV
I was wet sanding it while waiting for Canada Post to show up. Only 7 days to ship from Glasgow to Calgary!
Strike? What strike!
Looks good!!! Although I'm especially impressed with someone with Alberta plates having a Leafs banner in the garage. Just what's it doing hanging sideways?
hmm I did that route when I did that with my sedan, way back when.

I will say this your the 3rd canadian sedan owner with those tail lights installed, and oddly enough 2 of them are on the same green colour..
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
The banner was hanging sideways at one time but, like their playoff hopes, has faded some.
And it's not just the Leafs in the garage-I have some Leaf support on the front of the house as well.
[Image: DSCF3938.jpg]
(06-12-2011, 09:44 AM)02ztsian Wrote: The banner was hanging sideways at one time but, like their playoff hopes, has faded some.
And it's not just the Leafs in the garage-I have some Leaf support on the front of the house as well.
[Image: DSCF3938.jpg]

2087 .. sounds about right for the next Stanley Cup here.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Ken, shh.

Also,I want that maple leafs number sign.

edit: the euro tails look sick!
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
love to see how the euro clear signals look in the bumper
My other ride is your Mom
Bumper is in primer...

[Image: DSCF7677.jpg]
Now painted and cleared...
[Image: DSCF7678.jpg]
[Image: DSCF7679.jpg]
What do you think? Not bad for a rattle can job!!!
Decision time. Go with the clear or amber signals.
Amber...
[Image: DSCF7683.jpg]
Clear...
[Image: DSCF7681.jpg]
I plan on using oval Cougar side markers rather than the triangular repeaters; they just happen to be amber.
Which should I use?
Wow! nice work. I prefer the clears myself, it just looks cleaner to me. the paint looks great btw.
Current: 2006 Focus ZX4 ST. Tuxedo Black and Sterling Grey
Mods: 7" double din Alpine touch screen audio unit, K&N typhoon CAI, Steeda short shifter, custom two tone paint, rear wing delete, Angel eye headlight kit with 6000K HID upgrade, tinted windows, tail lights, and marker lights, Eibach Sportline springs on Tokico shocks and struts, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit. 17x7 Ikon Black Zen Wheels. Massive front and rear upper strut bar.
strange, my clear corners look different than yours :S

but in this case, I like the amber ones more even though I'm a sucker for clears.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
wow that came out great. what kind of primer did you use?
E.O MASIV
Very nice... I suggest some quality bulbs that light up amber, but don't leave the orange reflection in the corner lens when theyre off, ie philips silvervisions or something similar.
My other ride is your Mom
amber ones with a light coat of nightshades Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  euro tails need help (hatchback) drunkinmonkey 3 1,758 09-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Last Post: drunkinmonkey
  Euro Tails cornflakes 17 5,215 11-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Last Post: residentdud
  Euro Tails...hmmm Slimsride 3 1,652 10-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Last Post: meford4u
  Anyone Have European Tails Installed? (zx3) SL8RZZX3 3 1,336 04-30-2005, 08:25 AM
Last Post: SL8RZZX3