Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW 2002 ZETEC engine FS
So I'm selling a new (well, 2.9 miles on it before written off) 2002 Zetec engine. It has been stored inside. It is missing the cam timing belt, water pump and timing belt adjuster (used ones seen in photos), which I installed on my current focus.

It comes with AC compressor, coil, serpentine tensioner, plenum and throttle body, exhaust manifold, and various hoses etc, although I would consider selling these separately.

I'd like $800 for it all, and I would install a cam timing belt, water pump and adjuster for 200 more ($1000). I think this is reasonable, since new Zetecs from Ford Racing used to go for around $2500 I believe.

[Image: th_Zetec-1.jpg][Image: th_Zetec-2.jpg][Image: th_Zetec-3.jpg][Image: th_Zetec-4.jpg][Image: th_Zetec-5.jpg][Image: th_Zetec-6.jpg][Image: th_Zetec-7.jpg]

Let me know if interested.
(07-08-2011, 06:44 AM)DadsToy Wrote: So I'm selling a new (well, 2.9 miles on it before written off) 2002 Zetec engine. It has been stored inside. It is missing the cam timing belt, water pump and timing belt adjuster (used ones seen in photos), which I installed on my current focus.

It comes with AC compressor, coil, serpentine tensioner, plenum and throttle body, exhaust manifold, and various hoses etc, although I would consider selling these separately.

I'd like $800 for it all, and I would install a cam timing belt, water pump and adjuster for 200 more ($1000). I think this is reasonable, since new Zetecs from Ford Racing used to go for around $2500 I believe.

Let me know if interested.

Was this from an auto or standard, and you may want to mention where you're located since shipping is probably not an option.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Also, how long has this been in storage?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Good points.

I'm not sure if it came from an auto or standard, but the block would be identical I think. It looks basically the same as the one in my 2000 with a standard.

I near Belwood (between Fergus and Orangeville, ON) and could deliver within an hour or so.

It has been in dry storage since 2002. It is clean and looks new.

I bought it for a potential turbo build up, but when reality set in I kept it for a spare.

I had pulled the cam belt to take tension off the valve springs, and decided to use it rather than letting it sit and harden. Since the cam belt was off I used the water pump and tensioner as well. Otherwise, everything is there and it would be great for a build-up or replacement of a worn out engine.
would u sell exhaust manifold seperate?
not many of ppl would want to keep stock exhaust manifold but i need 1 for reason.

let me know.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(07-08-2011, 09:46 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: would u sell exhaust manifold seperate?
not many of ppl would want to keep stock exhaust manifold but i need 1 for reason.

let me know.

No, I hadn't planned on selling the exhaust manifold/"header" separately, since someone doing an engine swap probably wouldn't want to deal with a rusty exhaust bolts etc.

A healthy offer might change my mind, however.
k. GLWS
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
the difference between the manual engine and auto engine is it would have a pilot bearing in the center of the fly wheel....possibly different main bearings too....but check if theres a pilot bearing.....GLWS
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
(07-08-2011, 10:46 PM)buzz2.0 Wrote: the difference between the manual engine and auto engine is it would have a pilot bearing in the center of the fly wheel....possibly different main bearings too....but check if theres a pilot bearing.....GLWS

Thanks. It comes without a flywheel. The flange that the flywheel is bolted to looks to be drilled for different flywheels, both manual and automatic. The recessed hole in the centre of this for the transmission shaft has white grease inside, apparently to ease assembly.
(07-08-2011, 10:46 PM)buzz2.0 Wrote: the difference between the manual engine and auto engine is it would have a pilot bearing in the center of the fly wheel....possibly different main bearings too....but check if theres a pilot bearing.....GLWS

I think the crank position sensor mounts differently too.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
DIFFERENT THROTTLE BODY AMONGST OTHER DETAILS.. stuff that could be swapped

Is this still available?
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
(09-16-2011, 04:51 AM)Crazirich Wrote: DIFFERENT THROTTLE BODY AMONGST OTHER DETAILS.. stuff that could be swapped

Is this still available?

Yup, still available.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free: zetec engine skirt gasket. New hardk0re 2 1,543 05-03-2015, 04:32 AM
Last Post: hardk0re
  2002 5spd Zx5 Zetec For Sale j-boot72 0 1,238 11-17-2007, 08:40 AM
Last Post: j-boot72