Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should I be talking to next? (re. my convertible top)
So... the service manager said he's be in, and I quote, "Bright and early" this morning.

Apparently, due to traffic, he's not the latter nor am I the former. >_>
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Go above his head. The GM or Owner.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I talked to the guy... of course, from what he's saying, it's the Insurance Company's fault that my car went to the trim shop... to cut costs or something like that.

Of course, when he alluded to it and I directly asked, "So it was the insurance company that pressured you to take the car to ____?", he retracted some of his argument.

So we'll see. The General service manager seemed more interested, even if a bit patronizing. I finally heard back from the insurance company and should be hearing from the adjuster soon.

Aug 2nd is when this is all going to go down.... I need a film crew.

Car's back for the 9th attempt. Have to come back later to deal with insurance adjuster.

Looking forward to get this sorted out so I never have to go back.

Crossing fingers and toes for you, Steve! This s**t has gone on for far too long!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
^-- I hear ya Nef... after this, it's time to investigate the courts...

Did you take a picture of the car just before it went in? If you did go the way of the courts, having a before/after picture of a n'th attempt at it would help argue that they admitted fault by taking it back in to try again (in the event it comes back out with the same problem)
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
So, a bit of an e-mail chain that's started that's giving me some hope of having things resolved.

Edited to protect the accused...

Quote:To: ----@----ford.com

Thank you ---- for making clear my key concerns.

A couple other things we discussed that I would like addressed prior to picking up the vehicle also include

5) Inconsistent fit of the top - including exposed weatherstripping, frame rails (and foam) that may be leading to the leaking during extended drives in the rain.
6) Failure of the top to fold completely down (and stay down while driving).

I do not wish to receive the car back with any of the operational or fit issues unresolved, and would appreciate any explanation to the contrary to be supported by references to Ford technical documentation.

For example, if the exposed frame and exposed weatherstripping is normal, I would like reference to the Ford Service Manual, TSB, Convertible Top instructions, or any other applicable Ford documentation to be provided. My acceptance of the top operation and fit is currently determined by the 2007-2008 Ford Service Manual, but I'm willing to consider any updates to this that are made available.

I appreciate that this requires extra work on both yourself and your subcontractor, however, after numerous visits and disappointments, I want to clearly set my expectations and provide objective criteria for resolution of the issues.

Thanks again for your time and commitment to resolving the issues with my convertible top.

-steve

> From: ----@----ford.com
> To: ------@bellnet.ca; -----@----ford.com
> CC: ---------@sympatico.ca
> Subject: 2007 Mustang Convertible Roof ----- FORD
> Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:21:51 -0400
>
> Good Morning ----,
>
> Please see the list of concerns i have enclosed so as there will not be any
> confusion. Our customer Stephen Prokopchuk is very frustrated with his
> experience as there have been problems with the installation of the roof and
> problems that have arisen after the installation of the roof. Our customer
> has been back in about 8 visits to get these concerns corrected so please do
> not return the vehicle to us until all of the concerns have been looked
> after.
>
> 1) Wrinkles in roof on driver side
>
> 2) Both third windows do not operate when the roof is down
>
> 3) Water leaking in through passenger side when raining
>
> 4) dents and scrathes from removal of the door sill plates on both sides
>
> I have attached an estimate to repair the rocker panels located where the
> sill plates are. As well as we will be sending you the invoice for rental as
> ---- Ford has already looked after the previous rental bills for his
> previous visits when liability should fall on ---- and not ---- Ford or
> --- Canada.
>
> Please have one of you reps pick up the vehicle for corrections.
>
> Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
>
> Thank you
>
> ----
> Collision Centre Manager
> ---- Ford Lincoln SVT
> [redacted]

>
>

quick status update....

After trips 11 and 12, I now have functioning rear quarter windows, and the trim shop is refusing to cover the cost of the damage, offering $150 for the $600 repairs.

And I still have to get the ripples out and sort out why the top won't retract all the way.

I've sent my little story to wheels @ the toronto star... I'm going to go back to the trim shop one more time, and get a second quote from another trim shop... I hope I can get it fixed before winter hits...

I'll also file my complaint against the dealership through Ford.

So is this the last convertible you'll buy? Or at least the last Ford one?
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
This may be the last Ford I ever buy... unfortunately, I also realize that any dealership can screw up just as badly... so what are my options really? My dealership is likely going to lose my business, and I'll never go back to the trim shop after this is sorted out of course.

I just wish that someone between the dealership and the trim shop would take ownership of the problem... it's been a whole freakin' summer that I've been unable to enjoy the convertible top.... it's ridiculous.

This thing is still not resolved yet? Oh wow
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
you have the patience of a saint

if my car was being dicked around that badly, it'd be sitting through the front window of either of the shops
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
This is massively insane.
Although it made me curious about the cost of a Chevy Camaro convertible. $32,250 no options convertible. If I showed up home with Bumblebee, my kids would FREAK.
if it was my convertible, i would have simply put a patch on the convertible top and live with it instead of replacing the top with one that doesnt work
My other ride is your Mom
(08-30-2011, 08:13 PM)paolo Wrote: if it was my convertible, i would have simply put a patch on the convertible top and live with it instead of replacing the top with one that doesnt work

wtf
that's just dumb when your insurance can replace it for you
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
ok... time for the final letter to the folks responsible for this mess... what do you guys think? I'm aiming to set a deadline, and give final warning prior to pursuing further action against these guys.

Quote:Hi Ryan, Louis, Matt,

Just wanted to recap my discussion with Ryan from yesterday. They key points are the following:

- Enco is willing to put $150 towards the $600+ in damage done to the door sills on my car
- Ripples in the top have reappeared on the driver side rear and beneath the rear window which I need to have repaired.

Ryan suggested that I deal with Enco directly to have the ripples repaired, however, the issue of the damage to my car's metal work is still outstanding.

I will bring the car to Enco at my earliest convenience, which will be sometime next week. I will call Enco for confirmation of a good time to arrive so that we may discuss the outstanding issues in person.

I have made between 10 and 12 round trips to Donway to have my car's top repaired and issues related to the repair addressed. I'm not sure what everyone's opinion of this are, but I believe this is unacceptable. I wish to have the top repaired of outstanding issues and the issue of the damage addressed no later than Sept 16. If either Enco or Donway do not believe that this is feasible, please let me know with a written explanation.

This will be my final attempt to have Donway and Enco rectify this situation. I believe I have given both Enco and Donway ample opportunity to fix the outstanding issues, and will seek outside assistance to have the situation corrected to my satisfaction in the coming weeks.

I am disappointed by the apparent apathy towards workmanship and customer service that's been demonstrated over the past few months and sincerely hope that my experience is an exception to the norm.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you expedite the satisfactory repair of my car.

any edits I should make before hitting send?

(08-30-2011, 10:39 PM)darkpuppet Wrote: ok... time for the final letter to the folks responsible for this mess... what do you guys think? I'm aiming to set a deadline, and give final warning prior to pursuing further action against these guys.

Quote:Hi Ryan, Louis, Matt,

Just wanted to recap my discussion with Ryan from yesterday. They key points are the following:

- Enco is willing to put $150 towards the $600+ in damage done to the door sills on my car
- Ripples in the top have reappeared on the driver side rear and beneath the rear window which I need to have repaired.

Ryan suggested that I deal with Enco directly to have the ripples repaired, however, the issue of the damage to my car's metal work is still outstanding.

I will bring the car to Enco at my earliest convenience, which will be sometime next week. I will call Enco for confirmation of a good time to arrive so that we may discuss the outstanding issues in person.

I have made between 10 and 12 round trips to Donway to have my car's top repaired and issues related to the repair addressed. I'm not sure what everyone's opinion of this are, but I believe this is unacceptable. I wish to have the top repaired of outstanding issues and the issue of the damage addressed no later than Sept 16. If either Enco or Donway do not believe that this is feasible, please let me know with a written explanation.

This will be my final attempt to have Donway and Enco rectify this situation. I believe I have given both Enco and Donway ample opportunity to fix the outstanding issues, and will seek outside assistance to have the situation corrected to my satisfaction in the coming weeks.

I am disappointed by the apparent apathy towards workmanship and customer service that's been demonstrated over the past few months and sincerely hope that my experience is an exception to the norm.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you expedite the satisfactory repair of my car.

any edits I should make before hitting send?

I recommend these changes:

I have made between 10 and 12 round trips to Donway to have my car's top repaired and and other issues caused by the attempted repairs addressed. There is no doubt in my mind that as a consumer I have gone far beyond any reasonable demonstration of patience and tolerance in circumstances that long ago became unacceptable. I am equally convinced that any of you in the same situation would not have been nearly as patient as I have been.

The cost to me of my loyalty to Donway, and my trust in their selection of sub-vendor, is simply too great for you to continue to ignore. The time is now for all of you, severally and collectively, to take personal ownership of these problems and to make a personal commitment to resolving them with minimum cost and effort on my part. Accordingly it is my expectation that as a group, you will ensure the resolution of all problems associated with this repair, including the issue of the damage, no later than Sept 16. If either Enco or Donway do not believe that this is feasible, please let me know with a written explanation.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
^-- I knew I came to the right place. thanks man!

(08-30-2011, 09:37 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: wtf
that's just dumb when your insurance can replace it for you

I guess you didnt read this thread? Undecided
My other ride is your Mom