Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlights (Halo/Projectors)
Hello All,

Im new here so please take it easy on me for my first question.

I've been having a hard time finding Halos for my 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE and i was wondering if any knows where i can get a set?

Thanks
2007 Focus ZX3 SE Screaming Yellow
Mods: 7" Alpine Double Din In-Dash DVD, Projector Headlights w/ 8000K HID Upgrade, Tinted Windows, Tail lights and 3rd Brake, 17" Motegi MR125 Rims w/ 205 Falken FK452, Ford Racing Dampeners M-18000-ZX3, H&R Sport Springs
(07-30-2011, 02:35 AM)wilky1989 Wrote: Hello All,

Im new here so please take it easy on me for my first question.

I've been having a hard time finding Halos for my 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE and i was wondering if any knows where i can get a set?

Thanks

Welcome ... as far as first questions go this is not the worst we've seen so you can relax about that LOL.

As far as halo's go, I don't know of any Canadian source, so check out ebay - lots of listings there ... as far as brands go, TYC or Anzo are the best of the lot AFAIK.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I got mine from a site called KBcarstuff.com. I love them and they gave me a pretty decent price too. I'd give them a shot.
Current: 2006 Focus ZX4 ST. Tuxedo Black and Sterling Grey
Mods: 7" double din Alpine touch screen audio unit, K&N typhoon CAI, Steeda short shifter, custom two tone paint, rear wing delete, Angel eye headlight kit with 6000K HID upgrade, tinted windows, tail lights, and marker lights, Eibach Sportline springs on Tokico shocks and struts, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit. 17x7 Ikon Black Zen Wheels. Massive front and rear upper strut bar.
Thanks for the feedback, but everyone Ive seen on these site like they say 4 door so basically a zx4... would both of our headlight be the same?
Mods: 7" Alpine Double Din In-Dash DVD, Projector Headlights w/ 8000K HID Upgrade, Tinted Windows, Tail lights and 3rd Brake, 17" Motegi MR125 Rims w/ 205 Falken FK452, Ford Racing Dampeners M-18000-ZX3, H&R Sport Springs
Yes. All the headlights from 2005-2007 are the same regardless of ZX3-ZX4-ZX5.
Mods: 7" double din Alpine touch screen audio unit, K&N typhoon CAI, Steeda short shifter, custom two tone paint, rear wing delete, Angel eye headlight kit with 6000K HID upgrade, tinted windows, tail lights, and marker lights, Eibach Sportline springs on Tokico shocks and struts, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit. 17x7 Ikon Black Zen Wheels. Massive front and rear upper strut bar.
thank you that will help out alot
Ok another question, if i wanted to tint my tail lights what would you pick spray or vinyl?
You can always remove vinyl.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I use the spray and ive never had a problem with it. I have it on my tail lights, and my markers. Its easy to use and personally I think it looks and works better than a tint or vinyl sheet. One can of night shade goes a long way. I still have a quarter of a can and ive tinted 4 sets of tails, 2 sets of markers, and a few 3rd brake lights.
is there alot of prep work before you spray them??? like sanding it with a fine grit and also clear coating at the end?
clean them and thats it. spray it on and clear when your done, sometimes you may need to wet sand and buff to get a clear finish, but otherwise pretty simple. here is mine, 8 coats of tint, 8 coats of clear. lasted over 3 years and still clear as day

[Image: 007.jpg]
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Wilky1989,

And..., welcome to the site;
to a Hamiltonian - from a Hamiltonian.
Yup just like GFXjamie said, just clean them really good and make sure all dust and oil and such is off. Tape off whatever you don't want sprayed and away you go. I put four coats on and i think it looks great. Depending on how you paint it, clear may be needed but its not mandatory. I didn't use any clear and Ive never had a problem.

[Image: 039.jpg]

[Image: 053.jpg]

[Image: 056.jpg]
thanks guys and thaks for the welcome.. so What is the recommended amounts of coats i see GFXjamie did eight but is that usually what everyone does to make look nice
It all just depends on the look and darkness you want. You will get a feel for it pretty quick. The first coat you wont notice to much, and then every coat afterwords gets darker, faster.
my tail lights are 3 coats of nightsh!t and they look great, i even tinted the reverse marker too so it would blend the tails and it looked great
My other ride is your Mom
thanks guys, im doing it today so ill post pics when its finished
depending on the niteshade you get, you may need clear, all the newer style niteshade has clear in it, however even still if you dont spray properly it may be required as you dont want a flat/gritty look on the lights. it dulls them out pretty good.

Back when i did my lights they didnt have clear in the spray so thats what i did so much clear. With regards to how many coats, it all depends on how you spray it on and the look you want. i made mine black, however you can still see light w/o issue through them which is nice.

good luck
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
I did one coat, then went around the outside edge leaving the middle only lightly tinted.
Ya i just finished them and they are kinda dull.... So to fix this i just apply a clear coat or is it possible to buff it out?
I would just clear overtop, the same way you did with the nightshade, should gloss it up for you pretty good. maybe a slight wet sand just to smooth it out before clearing if you are really picky.