Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ZX3 Turbo
Hey Guys! So i picked up a zx3 focus which seems to be a regular for this site... i had a few questions about the car which lead me to the forum and eventually found the entire set up and build of the car..which is very very helpful.
heres a pic!

(07-21-2011, 06:41 AM)Keebz Wrote: Hey Guys! So i picked up a zx3 focus which seems to be a regular for this site... i had a few questions about the car which lead me to the forum and eventually found the entire set up and build of the car..which is very very helpful.
heres a pic!

Apparently a newb with computers too... sorry about the crap picture haha

Attached Files
.jpg   car1.JPG (Size: 12.94 KB / Downloads: 56)
i seee tiny silver dot there, can you post larger pic?
welcome
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(07-21-2011, 08:52 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: i seee tiny silver dot there, can you post larger pic?
welcome

This one should do the trick!

Attached Files
.jpg   285072_10150249509410892_505310891_7701280_8068706_n.jpg (Size: 35.23 KB / Downloads: 54)
looks like you got flo's old car. do you live near ottawa by chance?

2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(07-22-2011, 12:17 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: looks like you got flo's old car. do you live near ottawa by chance?

Yes it is. i picked it up off kijiji from a guy in arnprior. shes a work in progress with a lot of diag time into it already... but it will be worth it. just about running %100. looks like you guys cant get rid of this focus eh!!! haha
yup, my old focus, welcome to the club!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
man these cars just keep coming back to haunt us...

i guess im not selling mine... LOL if i do i never want to see it again

(07-22-2011, 01:33 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: man these cars just keep coming back to haunt us...

haha I only found it because I googled something...it brought me to the forum and i seen the previous owners avatar and thought...Mann that really looks like my car..a few minutes later i had so much useful info on this car.
im never buying a modified car again..next time its starting from scratch so i know EXACTLY whats been done.
Looking forward to the forums though. sure they will be very very helpful.
Maybe see some of you guys and girls at the track too ?
(07-22-2011, 01:38 AM)Keebz Wrote:
(07-22-2011, 01:33 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: man these cars just keep coming back to haunt us...

haha I only found it because I googled something...it brought me to the forum and i seen the previous owners avatar and thought...Mann that really looks like my car..a few minutes later i had so much useful info on this car.
im never buying a modified car again..next time its starting from scratch so i know EXACTLY whats been done.

I'm at Calabogie once or twice a year with the BMW Club - any chance I'll see you there?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I was at the BMW advanced driving school this pass weekend at Calabogie. Fawk i love that track.
(07-22-2011, 01:46 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(07-22-2011, 01:38 AM)Keebz Wrote:

I'm at Calabogie once or twice a year with the BMW Club - any chance I'll see you there?

Possibly, i need to get this thing running properly first. dont want to put another engine in this things Confused
lol - did you drop another engine in it?
(07-22-2011, 02:03 AM)Flofocus Wrote: lol - did you drop another engine in it?

Nope, just read some of yours and bmxfu posts and seems you both had put engines in it haha. i dont want to follow the trend. although it did come with a spare engine....maybe i should have taken the hint? haha
get a competent tuner to tune it. IIRC it has a really small turbo with lots of low end torque. that is how rods bend and snap. talk to a professional like the guys at FSWerks

(07-22-2011, 02:07 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: get a competent tuner to tune it. IIRC it has a really small turbo with lots of low end torque. that is how rods bend and snap. talk to a professional like the guys at FSWerks

Will do. Im fairly new to the ottawa area so any tips or good tuners would be greatly appreciated.
thanks.
turbo is small in size yes, but it will out flow an 18g turbo, its actually very similar to what have on my rex now. the turbo is good for 350whp easy.

the turbo was rebuilt & upgraded by blaastperformance in Montreal

Kirk got his tuning done y a shop called PSI tuning in Aylmer, but if you can, talk to the guys at fswerks, they will know more about focus ecu tuning than michael at psi. Michael is more of a honda/subaru guy than a ford guy from what I understand.
(07-22-2011, 02:06 AM)Keebz Wrote:

Nope, just read some of yours and bmxfu posts and seems you both had put engines in it haha. i dont want to follow the trend. although it did come with a spare engine....maybe i should have taken the hint? haha

if anything, I'm thinking the turbo is too big for the stock engine. the stock settings are for 9psi and I think its too much and why it keeps popping rods.

Good news is after you do it twice, you will be able to R&R an engine in under a day, and there cheap, you can get them for $300-$400 depending on mileage and warranty options.
(07-22-2011, 02:13 AM)Flofocus Wrote: turbo is small in size yes, but it will out flow an 18g turbo, its actually very similar to what have on my rex now. the turbo is good for 350whp easy.

Kirk got his tuning done y a shop called PSI tuning in Aylmer, but if you can, talk to the guys at fswerks, they will know more about focus ecu tuning than michael at psi. Michael is more of a honda/subaru guy than a ford guy from what I understand.

if anything, I'm thinking the turbo is too big for the stock engine. the stock settings are for 9psi and I think its too much and why it keeps popping rods.

Good news is after you do it twice, you will be able to R&R an engine in under a day, and there cheap, you can get them for $300-$400 depending on mileage and warranty options.

So... what you're saying is... Pick up a new engine.... and build it... because who knows how long this one is going to last haha
pretty much, with that turbo and tranny, the car is begging for a built motor.
(07-22-2011, 02:13 AM)Flofocus Wrote: turbo is small in size yes, but it will out flow an 18g turbo, its actually very similar to what have on my rex now. the turbo is good for 350whp easy.

Any hook ups on these cheap engines plus parts? Like I said im not from the area so I have no hook ups at all on any performance.. long way to travel for me to get deals Sad
Theres a junk yard in cumberland called sonshine auto parts, used to be owned by ford - that's where I got my engines. You can take the Mason ferry across the ottawa river and your 2 minutes away form the junk yard.

For performance parts, I deal with Mike at No limits in Ottawa. great prices. keep an eye on teh group buy section here also, lots of good deals being posted (like the SVT rear disc brake conversion one right now)