Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Suspension
(08-06-2011, 07:40 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: i wouldnt hold my breathe.... when companies tell you that, it takes them a year to do anything LOL

^^ what he said.

"Testing?" - what kind of testing do they need to do on Raceland coilovers - it's not like it's a new brand or anything ... perhaps they mean "market testing" in which case they will never perceive a demand in Canada for a Focus product that will excite them financially.

And besides ... if history tells us anything it's that Canadian suppliers - God love 'em - will be hugely overpriced compared to buying them online.

They offer convenience and some level of service to be sure ... but usually at a huge premium.

If you're truly interested in the Raceland's do what Jamie did ... I don't want to speak for him, but AFAIK it was relatively painless (from Belgium into his hands in less 2 weeks) and less expensive than he thought it would be.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
go buy D2 stupid low and stupid stiff. looks very very good.
you must be talking about D2 lowering springs?
d2 coilovers, same thing as DGR and Ksport, all just rebrands of the same thing.

your going to spend about 900$ on any of the 2, maybe more depending where/who yo get them through.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Yea i saw them for around that price online... I dont think i want to spend that
Just an update on what i chose, got my new sportlines today. Havent put them on yet, i want to figure out what struts to pair them with first. Couldnt pass up the springs though they were way to good of a deal. I will update with pics when i put them on but i dont think it will be for a little while
get some KYB AGX shocks. taylor can hook ya up if u wanna get em local, otherwise tire rack and FSWerks sell KYB. You will need the stiff adjustable shock for the ride height. You can also go Koni yellows which are a step up from the kyb's and are considered to be the best shock you can buy

the springs i got are for 06 and up and i dont think KYB makes the agx for those springs. i think im limited in my options.
ahh, yes if you do not used the omni kit up front on the struts you will not fit them in. Does Koni make any? You can go KYB GR-2, they list those for fitment, but they really arent substantial enough in my opinion for the sportlines. Maybe go with some FRPP shocks as they have a little more to them.

i was wondering if frpp would be good, the other option i think i have is tokico blue... i think frpp is tokico anyways though. do you think frpp would be able to handle sportlines?
(05-24-2012, 04:04 AM)_JET_ Wrote: i was wondering if frpp would be good, the other option i think i have is tokico blue... i think frpp is tokico anyways though. do you think frpp would be able to handle sportlines?

there are a couple of FRPP options - the SVT dampers are marginal for the sportlines IMO, but the Dynamic kit would be more than up to the task - although the ride and cost are somewhat extreme for a daily driver.

Both the FRPP SVT damper kit and the Dynamic kit are now cancelled by Ford Racing - they will be available only until existing inventory runs out, then that's it.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
i dont want it to be too crazy, just a bit stiffer then stock to make the twisties on the way to work more fun... and something that isnt going to blow out on me with the sporline drop. does anyone have sportlines on an 06+ and what are you running them on?
oh and my car doenst have a sway bar, i think i can add one to it but i just want to make sure that i can. could i add an svt one to the rear?
sportlines are going on tonight... i will update with pictures probably tomorrow
we also changed the alternator at the same time and got rid of the batterty light on the dash
Here is the rest

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)