Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favourite summer drive?
Was curious, with the long weekend coming up and all..

what's your favourite summer drive?

For me, and living in Toronto, I particularily enjoy the Forks of the Credit, and anything along the escarpment. It's fun to throw the top down and go for a spirited cruise around some twisty roads.

So what's the one drive you like to take in the summer?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Hwy 64 cutoff between Sturgeon Falls and Marten River. lots of good corners and long straights. There's also a Highway between Mattawa and Thorne (near the Quebec border) that is stupid fun.

However I have to admit, Forks of the Credit is one of the best places I've been.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
anywhere but HERE:
[Image: 0651b10643acb596c0d40488d334.jpeg]
I enjoy the ride up to Calabogie, especially the 511 from Perth north.

If I go the US side, I like to do the drive from Lake Placid out to Willmington, and then up Whiteface mountain.
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Forks of the Credit for me too ... also, #14 all down the length of Seneca Lake on the way to Watkins Glen in the Finger Lakes region of NY
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Another chime in for Forks of the Credit. Great in the Focus and interesting in the Fusion.

NefCanuck
TEAM W.T.F.? Because everything has to be explained

[img]hXXp://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Duratec,black,red.png[/img]
I enjoy the ride on top of your Momma

I love Paolo
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Nice thread! I like forks of the credit, but it gets over too soon...I think its a little small, or i just didnt go the right route. When we went for the dyno cruise, it did seem longer, but last time i went i just pretty much went off hurontario, and then onto the forks of credit and then exited at the other end. Could someone post up a nice route around the forks, on google maps and link it here?
Regional road 507... 40km of non-stop twisties between Gooderham and Buckhorn ON with a posted speed limit of 80kmh ( I believe ).

I found this road by accident. I wanted to take a different route south from Haliburton towards Peterborough instead of towards Toronto and wow... what a fun road! There actually was a MG club cruise going the other direction that day and I'm sure their choice of road was not an accident.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
(07-30-2011, 11:05 AM)dBlast Wrote: Regional road 507... 40km of non-stop twisties between Gooderham and Buckhorn ON with a posted speed limit of 80kmh ( I believe ).

I found this road by accident. I wanted to take a different route south from Haliburton towards Peterborough instead of towards Toronto and wow... what a fun road! There actually was a MG club cruise going the other direction that day and I'm sure their choice of road was not an accident.

I think next time I come to Toronto I'm going to try coming into it from the North.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
I love the Forks and the route I set up before you hit the Forks on the Cruises I put together. You get a little dirty, it's a little rough but it's fun.

Tho I revently went to Bellwood Lake by taking some back roads.

King St, West bound from Hurontario HWY 10 (North of Brampton)
Winston Churchhill Blvd North to Sideroad 32
Sideroad 32 Hooks on to HWY 7 and then you follow that until it turns north on threw Rockwood.

Great drive but it's mainly dirt roads lol
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car