Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
newby from the C DUB
Photo 
Hey all, obviously new here. Just picked up a 2003 5 speed SE wagon. Got it off an older fellow which was the nicest dude to deal with. I think I got a pretty decent score. Just like anything I own I need to make it mine. it's my DD so nothing crazy and no gay ricer body kits, just something to make it a lil more unique. I was wondering if the rs bumper would fit on the wagon? any thoughts [Image: 5318f8_20.jpeg]
front rs bumper and rs fenders will fit on wagon but not rear
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
ya I figured that much. but I think i jumped the gun a little bit cause looking around the site i came across mach 1 lip on a hatch. it looks super clean. I'll prolly just do that... cheaper to. does anyone know of a rear bumper that cleans up a little bit.
(08-07-2011, 09:31 AM)Goon of DOOM Wrote: ya I figured that much. but I think i jumped the gun a little bit cause looking around the site i came across mach 1 lip on a hatch. it looks super clean. I'll prolly just do that... cheaper to. does anyone know of a rear bumper that cleans up a little bit.

I believe the SVT rear bumper fits, but dont quote me on that lol

and welcome Big Grin
Nice! 5-speed Zetec wagon. Good score!

Oh, and don't listen to Mikey. The SVT bumper won't fit, it's too short. Smile
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Welcome to the forums!

And that is correct, the wagon rear bumper is different.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
so after driving it for a couple days pretty pleased with what i picked up. I think I may have to change my throw out bearing... maybe. getting a weird noise only when car is in gear and accelerating. doesn't make noise when in neutral and rev the engine up. but all in all a good little car.
(08-10-2011, 12:39 PM)Goon of DOOM Wrote: so after driving it for a couple days pretty pleased with what i picked up. I think I may have to change my throw out bearing... maybe. getting a weird noise only when car is in gear and accelerating. doesn't make noise when in neutral and rev the engine up. but all in all a good little car.

IIRC the correct way to diagnose Focus throwout bearing is to put car in neutral and listen with clutch out ... you should hear the bearing rattling at that time ... to confirm, push the clutch in and the noise goes away.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Goon, I have a similar noise though mine is almost more of a squeal when under acceleration. It's a whole new noise to me.
'03 ZX3, currently nicknamed "Clint Eastwood" (because it's good, bad, and ugly). In process of rebuild to OEM/OEM+ status.
after driving it some more I'm almost certain it isn't a throw out bearing. this weekend I'm gunna change all the fluids... it just might be low on trans fluid.

Goon Of Doom,

Welcome to the website - there are lots of people here who can help.

As far as your noise, check out the simple things first.
Apparently, heat shields are a frequent source of problems for Focus.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  another newby :) sir.p 4 2,341 06-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Last Post: ZTWsquared