Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old member back. Bye Bye SVT Focus
It has been a long time since I was on this site and posted anything but today I'm posting to tell you that my Focus in no longer on the road. It met its end on August 11, 2011 in a horrible accident. I am fine just bruise and shaken and glad to have survied the accident.
Here are the pictures I posted to my Facebook page. It was machanical failure that caused the accident as you can see by the broken lower control arm on the front passenger side.
The car veered off to the right and I tried to recovered but was unable to regain control and my car skidded sideway about 450 feet before I entered the ditch. Then my car became airborne and rolled 2 1/2 time completely and I was upside down when it was all over.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a...bd5&type=1..
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
Oh my.... That's terrible!!! Glad your okay... Sad loss to such a great car!! Do you still have the car or did it get scrapped??
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
(08-23-2011, 08:06 AM)SVTZX503 Wrote: It has been a long time since I was on this site and posted anything but today I'm posting to tell you that my Focus in no longer on the road. It met its end on August 11, 2011 in a horrible accident. I am fine just bruise and shaken and glad to have survied the accident.
Here are the pictures I posted to my Facebook page. It was machanical failure that caused the accident as you can see by the broken lower control arm on the front passenger side.
The car veered off to the right and I tried to recovered but was unable to regain control and my car skidded sideway about 450 feet before I entered the ditch. Then my car became airborne and rolled 2 1/2 time completely and I was upside down when it was all over.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a...bd5&type=1..

Scary stuff ... so glad you're okay ... keep us posted about how it goes with the insurance company. Take care and all the best.

Ken
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I'm waiting to hear from the insurance company and not sure but I may buy the car back. I have already had someone ask me about parts. Still need to get my stereo out and few other things. I'm still up in the air about what to buy as a replacement. Every day brings new pains from my injuries. I had just recovered from shoulder surgery and I have to go back for more physio, which sucks big time.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
I hope you bought a lottery ticket the next day, I stopped and looked at the skid marks on my way out to the farm the other day, and that was a long way to skid/roll. I hope all goes well with SGI and don't forget to keep us posted.
2006 Focus ZX3/svt wannabe-Pitch Black
2008 Focus SES Sedan/grocery getter-Vista Blue
wow thats f ing crazy sorry to see that
.........How fast were you driving?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
(08-23-2011, 09:42 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: .........How fast were you driving?

That is gnarly man.
I'm glad I had my "loose" control arms fixed last year.

Glad you're okay... and anyone who tries to argue that this is NOT a safe car can gargle my beanbag. I've heard of literally dozens of these crashes, and nearly everyone walks away.

I was going 100 km/h. The RCMP are not charging me, they told my boyfriend the exact cause of the accident but SGI told me before they looked at the car that it was my fault due to lack of maintenance. WTF.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
(08-23-2011, 11:59 PM)SVTZX503 Wrote:
I was going 100 km/h. The RCMP are not charging me, they told my boyfriend the exact cause of the accident but SGI told me before they looked at the car that it was my fault due to lack of maintenance. WTF.

Find a pothole on that road and blame it - lack of maintenance indeed - lack of road maintenance. With the condition of our roads these days I'm surprised more cars don't suffer this kind of damage.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Yeowtch, well, at least you managed to come out of it without more serious injuries (any injuries suck eggs)

Keep us posted as to how it goes with the insurance company.

NefCanuck
TEAM W.T.F.? Because everything has to be explained

[img]hXXp://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Duratec,black,red.png[/img]
(08-24-2011, 12:31 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(08-23-2011, 11:59 PM)SVTZX503 Wrote:

Find a pothole on that road and blame it - lack of maintenance indeed - lack of road maintenance. With the condition of our roads these days I'm surprised more cars don't suffer this kind of damage.

LOL. Last year I did hit a pothole which caused over $3500 damage to that side of my car. My driver's side airbag blew. That part was not replaced in my accident last year.
I was doing 80km/h when I hit the pothole, I was avoiding someone who pulled into my lane.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a...b14&type=1
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
Wow. Really glad to hear you made it out ok. Good to see that a Focus is still a well built car to survive a 2.5 rollover and keep passengers well intact.

If you're planning on parting out the car, I wouldn't mind getting a crack at the inner door panel cards if they're in decent shape.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I am hoping she will sell me the whole car, I only live a few mins away...The SVT-WGN needs more svt goodies.
2006 Focus ZX3/svt wannabe-Pitch Black
2008 Focus SES Sedan/grocery getter-Vista Blue
Wow, glad you came out safe.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
jeez.

that's all I gotta say, minus what's already been said (such as I'm glad you're safe)
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Well tomorrow I'm going to pickup my cheque for my car from SGI. It took awhile but I got what I wanted plus I'm getting the car back to sell for parts. PM me if interested in parts. Plus I will post a list of parts that is available in the for sale section after I get the car.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
Do you remember what condition your hvac controls are? I'll take your silver hvac if it's in mint condition? Let me know when u get the car. Thanks!
If the hvac still looks like it does in ur pics I'll def take it
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
I call dibs on rear brakes and door cards if they are in good shape.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Got the money for my car yesterday. The adjuster was surprisingly very helpful on a few things. He is going to review the part that broke on my car and view the accident as mechanical failure so I won't lose points off my licence. Just have to take the parts into him and he is going to have some look at it. The adjuster didn't have the same picture I do so he wants them too.
When I have the car in my yard I will post what is available. So far what people have asked for above are gone plus the motor and trans are also gone(spoken for).Plus I believe the front seat are spoken for.
Now I have the fun of looking for a new vehicle. I can't wait for the ST Focus to come out,as I need something now. But I do know one it going to some type of SUV.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173