Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dyno Day
2:00pm is when we'll be there today (Saturday).
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Numbers?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
226whp/226wtq. Put it at 12psi with AFR of 12.0. Gonna send the runs to Randy for update. I'll say this much:

1. UDP and hi-flow cats do not add any HP to a boosted application BUT it does add to mileage when compared to OEM. I did 7.4L/100km (usually I get 8.0) even with a slow leaking tire and friends whom like to drive fast. If all things were good and I drove at normal paces (110km/h), I bet I could hit 6.5L/100km.

2. Gonna sell my AEM Truboost this winter and get a Eboost2. Truboost is nice for the setup and ease of use, but I want something that keeps me at 12psi for the whole power band.

3. I've decided I'm going to upgrade the car for tranny next year. There is a guy on Focaljet with a nice already built tranny for 1500.00 that I'm really thinking about, but I'd prefer to go new.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I put down 112WHp / 120WTQ, with the caveat that it was a 3rd gear pull (I've been told that low-balls your numbers) and it had the factory tune (didn't have time to get a 91 tune from Randy).

Now, on the way home we were "playing" and I notced something on the way down, actually: our buddy's Mazda3 is geared identically to me. Completely. When we "played" in 4th and stomped it, he didn't pull on me - our engine notesd were always in sync. Same with rocketing up to "legal' speeds from a light. Cruising we sounded like one car going by when one was behind the other. Butt dyno tells me I'm at about 125-130WHP with about 140WTQ, given his weight difference. He put down 166WHP with similar mods to mine, header included and full CAI, on a 2.3 MZR.

The power curves suggested I had all kinds of midrange (which I do) and nothing after 5500 (also true). It also showed my "flutter" I've noted at ~4200 - 4300RPMs. To solve this issue, I'm hopinto tune in the next week or two with a 91 tune from Randy at FSWerks that takes into account all of my mods. Also, I gutted the intake when I got home and am now running a classic K+N RE-0930 3" ID cone filter on the outside end of the MAF. Already I've picked up a few WHP/WTQ over the Iceman intake with panel K+N filter. I retained the Iceman intake tube between the TB and the MAF.

If the "flutter" remains after the tune, which I doubt, then all that's left is either fuel injectors (unlikely), to wit I have 30lb'ers I got from Kev, or fuel pump (which I'd replace in the spring with a 02+ pump - higher flow). Also, unless cash is in the toilet, I'm going to finally get a 2nd lower KMs longblock, port over the good stuff I have (like early '00 IM and ported TB, UDP, etc) and get a FSWerks turbo kit.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...ab7&type=1 - let me know if this works. Pics from Saturday.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.