Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio Question
This is an OEM CD/Radio from a Focus, Ive never seen one apparently it plays MP3's. Anyone seen one in a Focus? Been offered one but cant find anything on it tried Google etc. Any info would be appreciated. And the next question is if it is for a Focus where can I get wiring for it

Attached Files
.jpg   Focus Radio.jpg (Size: 24.88 KB / Downloads: 49)
i believe that is audiophile radio came in svt focus and certain year focus.
and i think it is using vw harness.

Edit* IT IS ACTUALLY BLAUPUNKT. and this is backside.
[Image: IMG_0039.jpg]
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(09-08-2011, 10:14 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: i believe that is audiophile radio came in svt focus and certain year focus.
and i think it is using vw harness.
Ok any idea where I can get one ? He says it came out of a 2004 ZX3 from the US thats what made me think, ive never seen one
Heres a pic of the back (Not that clear )

Attached Files
.jpg   Radio Back.jpg (Size: 69.2 KB / Downloads: 37)
lol i already posted up there.
all you need is vw harness for it, you might get lucky it has the wiring schematic on unit somewhere.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(09-08-2011, 10:24 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: lol i already posted up there.
all you need is vw harness for it, you might get lucky it has the wiring schematic on unit somewhere.

Yeah sorry been a long day lol So what VW ? Jetta / Golf any ideas of what years would work?
i would say 96~02
if you live closer to best buy, they carry best kits, dont talk to sales guy, talk to installer.
if he knows what he is doing, he should know what blaupunkt radio is and he will get you reverse(car side) of vw harness(BHA1784), then get another one for your focus assuming yours is 2001 you need this BHA1770.

wire color to color and it should plug and play.

always solder wires, if not twist wires good and tape it, dont use wire nuts. it is meant for home use only.
(09-08-2011, 10:36 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: i would say 96~02
if you live closer to best buy, they carry best kits, dont talk to sales guy, talk to installer.
if he knows what he is doing, he should know what blaupunkt radio is and he will get you reverse(car side) of vw harness(BHA1784), then get another one for your focus assuming yours is 2001 you need this BHA1770.

always solder wires, if not twist wires good and tape it, dont use wire nuts. it is meant for home use only.

Ok sounds good installing is no problem just need the plugs that go into the radio Thanks for your help gonna check out a few junk yards
i had one a few yrs back, they work very well.

You will need the same ford harness that you would use for an aftermarket deck, plus an additional blaupunkt harness to go into the mp3 deck. the blaupunk uses the same connector as vw like others have said.
My other ride is your Mom
Ok so that confirms it I guess , If I cant get the deck harness at the junk yard I should be able to get one from a car audio place?
(09-08-2011, 12:32 PM)muttsnutts Wrote: Ok so that confirms it I guess , If I cant get the deck harness at the junk yard I should be able to get one from a car audio place?

Check out crutchfield.com ... they have a pretty decent "what fits my car" function and you should be able to identify the right connector for you app
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(09-08-2011, 12:32 PM)muttsnutts Wrote: Ok so that confirms it I guess , If I cant get the deck harness at the junk yard I should be able to get one from a car audio place?

wow man, i even gave you part numbers for what you need and where exactly to get them from.
(09-09-2011, 08:01 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote:

wow man, i even gave you part numbers for what you need and where exactly to get them from.

Yo! Tongue yeah I see that now Thanks, Im being a bit Timmmeeee ! lol
Got the radio delivered today gonna go to Best Buy and see if I can get that part Thanks for your help
(09-08-2011, 10:54 AM)muttsnutts Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 10:36 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: i would say 96~02

Ok sounds good installing is no problem just need the plugs that go into the radio Thanks for your help gonna check out a few junk yards
Well I went all over to get the harness for the radio BHA 1784 is the male end same as the radio and no one could tell me the female part number Any clues?
bha1784 is female and bho1784 is male side.

did you actually talk to installer or sale guy?

cant u just take your radio and ask installer for harness?
if you are close to etobicoke area, go visit bb on 427/queensway and talk any of intallers at the install bay. i used to work there and i know them in person.
if you are heading that way, i can call them to get you right harness.
Thats what I did I took the radio and spoke to an installer and sales guy. I just looked on eBay and searched BHO 1784 thats the female end I just ordered it from there . Im in Calgary so a long ways to go for a harness lol Smile Anyway thanks again
nope. bho is male, bha is female

this sure looks male to me
[Image: $(KGrHqMOKo4E1riCE30CBNcbdJZUYg~~0_12.JPG]
(10-02-2011, 07:09 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: nope. bho is male, bha is female

this sure looks male to me
[Image: $(KGrHqMOKo4E1riCE30CBNcbdJZUYg~~0_12.JPG]

Thats what I ordered as the radio end has the plugs if you know what I mean, The BHA number had the plugs in them so to me thats a male. Anyway got there eventually and appreciate the help