Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering the drive seat
First things first - the knob to lower my cushion down is all the way down - it has to be, lol.

Now, is it possible to lower the driver seat some more? If not, do aftermarket seats (racing buckets?) sit lower? Does it depends on the seat rails?

I've tried on two different helmet models over the past couple of weeks and one fits me in the focus the other I hadta lean in towards the sunroof for that extra clearance.

What are my options, lol. I'm looking at maybe acquiring a helmet.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
if u r going bucket seat, it will sit lower, much lower.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(09-13-2011, 07:42 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: if u r going bucket seat, it will sit lower, much lower.

How much lower? I'm 6'4 so I have to take into account all factors, like how far back can I have the seat while still being able to reach for the steering wheel, which itself takes into consideration how far back do I need to lean the back of the seat so that I don't hit the roof (cause the cushion is already as low as it can go), which also plays on the fact that I sit a bit lower in my seat so my knees are further forward... try car shopping with me lol
from the mounting point, it is only 2" high and i still can go little bit lower.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
When I had my Momo RS seats on Sparco bases and sliders they were really low. The wife couldn't see over the dash. I'm 6'2" and I had close to 7" above my head. The seats were fixed back, no recline.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
depends on your brackets. I had the "tall" brackets...forget which company (bought them off hardkore) and they were pretty much stock level.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
it also depends on bottom mount or side mount.
most of racing bucket seat(OP said) uses side mount, this really bring your seat down to floor.

of course if you are getting reclinable seat(which is not bucket seat) wil have bottom mount and it will sit lower but not as low as side mount.
I`ve never heard of side mount or bottom mount...

and damn seats are expensive. I thought I could get away with a grand + tax for a pair of em but apparently not...