Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duratec washer fluid bottle
Right now my water-meth system is the opposite of stealth ... the 5 gallon tank sits up in the spare tire well about 3 inches above the cover; and 5 gallons lasts a long, long time.

So in thinking about how to make my install more stealth, I was thinking of getting a duratec washer fluid bottle and modifying it.

My assumption is that, being on the opposite side of the engine bay as the zetec washer bottle, it will fit in there without the need to move anything else.

Is my assumption correct, or am I missing something.

TIA
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I think it should fit personally, you will however need to cut the sheetmetal for the filler tube that is forsure.
talk to castone, as he did a SVT front swap on his 05 and retained bottle.

AFAIK, he had to cut the opening for bottle, however i do believe the bottle was a little on the big side and did not allow the fender to line up properly. may have some work to make it work 100% w/o pushing the fender out.

depends also if you want function>form as opposed to looking good LOL
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(10-06-2011, 04:50 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: talk to castone, as he did a SVT front swap on his 05 and retained bottle.

AFAIK, he had to cut the opening for bottle, however i do believe the bottle was a little on the big side and did not allow the fender to line up properly. may have some work to make it work 100% w/o pushing the fender out.

depends also if you want function>form as opposed to looking good LOL

Thanks Jamie - hadn't thought of that.

Right now my whole system is in the spare tire well ... pump and bottle ... if I could find a smaller bottle that would fit into the spare tire well without forcing me to cut a hole in the cover, that would be okay too ... definitely I'm looking for function first.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

Cant you just just get a smaller reservoir?? Maybe like 2 gallons? I'm sure there are tanks out there...
Actually I was looking at catch cans yesterday on massives site and they have some....
http://www.massivestuff.com/engine/oil_c...s/c-10062.
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
(10-06-2011, 06:40 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Cant you just just get a smaller reservoir?? Maybe like 2 gallons? I'm sure there are tanks out there...
Actually I was looking at catch cans yesterday on massives site and they have some....
http://www.massivestuff.com/engine/oil_c...s/c-10062.

It's not the actual fluid capacity, it's how high the bottle sits - even the smaller capacity bottles seem to sit higher than what I can use.

BTW - can't get that link to work.

EDIT: n/m found it

It will fit in there Ken but as Jamie said you'll have to notch the top/inner of the fender for the filler neck (really easy to do).

The fender does push on the bottle so it is a bit of a pain to get back together, just don't push on the fender like I did and warp the steel.
(10-06-2011, 11:00 AM)castone Wrote: It will fit in there Ken but as Jamie said you'll have to notch the top/inner of the fender for the filler neck (really easy to do).

The fender does push on the bottle so it is a bit of a pain to get back together, just don't push on the fender like I did and warp the steel.

Thanks Shawn ... does that mean I have to take the fender off to get it in ... I was hoping at worst just the wheel and the fender liner.

As far as I can remember there's a bolt that holds the washer bottle up near the top of the fender.

I'm sure if you have the bottle you'll be able to see were the bolts go and if you'll have to take the fender off.

Sorry I can't help more, I have a terrible memory lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $162.45 For A Bottle Of Windshield Washer Fluid? ANTHONYD 19 7,005 12-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001