Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo automatic?
Question 
So i was looking around on the net to find some info on this an i seen that fast fords & mustangs did a turbo automatic zetec(so not all hope is gone for good numbers yet). Has anybody had any experience with turbo kits for 03 zetec with the auto. I want to be in between 160-200hp. An i know i should have got a stick but what can you do.
Fswerks turbo kit work with autos.... The weakest point in the auto is it's transmission... You'd want to keep wtq down if you want your tranny to last... But they're there
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
If you upgrade the tranny to something like LEVEL10 Transmissions then you can easily put down crazy whp. Turbo Tom has/had an AUTO focus!

The cost isn't that bad really....if you add up a new clutch/flywheel/lsd+labour then your pretty close to a built auto transmission....and the auto will destroy equivalent manual at the 1/4 track....

Yea... Or go the lantech route if you have the cash lol
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
lentech/leven10...same sorta deal...lentech is canadian tho...so maybe worth a drive up to ottawa to get it installed by the pros.
Upgrade the Torque Converter and the Solenoids from Ford Racing if they still make them and you should be fine. It will show lower numbers but it will be faster down the line.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

(10-10-2011, 09:54 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Fswerks turbo kit work with autos.... The weakest point in the auto is it's transmission... You'd want to keep wtq down if you want your tranny to last... But they're there

I have a zetec so there kits arnt going to work.
(10-10-2011, 09:54 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Fswerks turbo kit work with autos.... The weakest point in the auto is it's transmission... You'd want to keep wtq down if you want your tranny to last... But they're there

I have a zetec so there kits arnt going to work.
I have a zetec and their kit works?
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(10-13-2011, 03:57 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: I have a zetec and their kit works?
Which kit?

Lol fswerks sells a zetec turbo kit
(10-13-2011, 08:10 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Lol fswerks sells a zetec turbo kit

I thought it was just for stick.
even online says it is for manual, it is not true, when randy(fswerks) sent me instruction for datalogging, it showed instruction for auto transmission as well.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
the lentech street terminator is what i was looking into. Its nothing to serious. The price really isnt all the bad considering it has a lifetime warranty. But does anybody know how good it would be for a dd?
It will be fine, the shifts may be a little more "firm" but its only going to command hard shifts under load....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Automatic turbo? Anthony 17 6,772 10-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Scorcher000