Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery relocation.
I want to move the battery to the boot , I know there is a couple kits to do so, Is the installation pretty straight forward?
Fairly easy, I used 0 gauge welding wire to run the + to the front of the car to a distribution block, a taylor aluminum box in the trunk and a 140A circuit breaker in the trunk.

I've seen guys use fuses instead of a circuit breaker but I don't really like that idea.
i gotta disagree on this one, fuse is much better when you are going over 100 amp, when it gets shorted, it just break.
but with circuit breaker, it is good if you dont have absolute no problem blowing it,. but when it happens few times, inside of circuit breaker arc inside and weld pieces together.

but if you know you are not shorting to ground by using grommet and protection when running wire to engine bay, using circuit breaker is fine.

BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
If I did it again I would use CB. But your point may be good, either way has advantages/disadvantages.

if you use fuses, keep a few spare ones in the glovebox just incase Smile
(10-27-2011, 10:26 PM)hardk0re Wrote: Fairly easy, I used 0 gauge welding wire to run the + to the front of the car to a distribution block, a taylor aluminum box in the trunk and a 140A circuit breaker in the trunk.

I've seen guys use fuses instead of a circuit breaker but I don't really like that idea.

Where did you run the + wire?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SVT battery relocation sonic_mikey 3 2,795 09-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Last Post: zx3kash