Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OEM svt sub question
Does anyone know which sub will directy fit without modification? There is nothing wrong with whats there now, so im looking for a upgrade.
thanks
(10-28-2011, 02:19 AM)In2focus Wrote: Does anyone know which sub will directy fit without modification? There is nothing wrong with whats there now, so im looking for a upgrade.
thanks

Try the configurator at crutchfield.com ... when you spec out your car they give you the option of OE sub or not - and then you should be able to see the sub replacements in the list of products.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Depending on the OEM box you should be able to fit a shallow 8" without any modification. When I installed my 10" Powerbass I needed to add a sheet of 1/2 MDF to the front panel as a spacer because of some molded supports on the back side.

Oh, when I removed the stock sub I found that there was a bolt on the back of the box that screwed right into the centre of the magnet.

You may as well replace the tiny amp while you are at it. I have a small 400w amp hooked up to my sub and she can really push some air now. Unless of course you still have the stock head unit.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
will the sub come out easy?i have the stock head unit..does it make sense replacing the amp?
funny thing, my friends in their Mercedes and Lexus's allays comment on how good the oem set up sounds..and are pretty impressed with the bass output..even my wife's S4 doesn't sound as good.

Oh, when I removed the stock sub I found that there was a bolt on the back of the box that screwed right into the center of the magnet.

You may as well replace the tiny amp while you are at it. I have a small 400w amp hooked up to my sub and she can really push some air now. Unless of course you still have the stock head unit.
[/quote]

Well if it is a totally stock set up w/factory sub/amp combo you should be fine. I'm no audio expert but it was a lot easier hooking up an aftermarket HU to the replacement amp than the stock one.

Anything more technical should be referred to somebody with experience, like Leo (konafocuswrc).

wait...so if i install an aftermarket HU..will i loose the stock amp?? i know il loose the steering wheel controls.

(10-28-2011, 12:15 PM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: Well if it is a totally stock set up w/factory sub/amp combo you should be fine. I'm no audio expert but it was a lot easier hooking up an aftermarket HU to the replacement amp than the stock one.

Anything more technical should be referred to somebody with experience, like Leo (konafocuswrc).

No, it's easier to wire up an aftermarket amp to a non OEM HU than a stock HU. I don't believe there is a Metra wiring kit for what you are doing. Mine was completely different. I had a Pioneer deck and I added an audiophile box to my car. And like I said, it was easier to wire up a non OEM amp than the tiny stock amp. I had no wiring to the hatch at all, so I did it all from scratch.