Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to find a TSB number..........2012
Apparently, Ford has a TSB for the 2012 Focus, with the Powershift transmission. I don't know if it's too new, but the TSB was issued on October 2nd, at least in the States. My dealer ( who shall remain nameless ) doesn't know about any TSB for the 2012 Focus........hmm. Anyone able to tell me where to go to find the number, so I can stick it.....in the service departments files.......?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
i work at a ford dealer which shall remain nameless...theres 9 tsbs on it,
none to do with powershift, most to do with my touch, ill keep an eye out for anything to do with the tranny...what problems are you having??
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
(11-05-2011, 02:07 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: i work at a ford dealer which shall remain nameless...theres 9 tsbs on it,
none to do with powershift, most to do with my touch, ill keep an eye out for anything to do with the tranny...what problems are you having??

None really, other than the shifts aren't crisp, somewhat lazy, according to some reviewers. There is a TSB for it, the guys in the States are getting their's redone and it does improve afterwords.

I think I have the TSB number, if anyone knows how to confirm this number I would appreciate it. It's from ford in the States, i don't know if that makes a difference. The Number is 11-10-2. Calibration update
K&N Filter.....
hmmm ya ive heard a few complaints about the shifts, it is a manual auto, which means it uses a clutch, so it would have a different feeling...
as for now ford is saying its normal....Dodgy
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
DSG is awasome! well not the maintenance part of it!

What is the DSG tranny service interval? on my golf tdi is 60K and its freaking 400$ to do!
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

(11-05-2011, 03:24 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: hmmm ya ive heard a few complaints about the shifts, it is a manual auto, which means it uses a clutch, so it would have a different feeling...
as for now ford is saying its normal....Dodgy

I enjoy the DCT, it's almost as good as a manual....note, I said almost, not as good as, nothing is as good as a manual transmission, and have gotten used to it and the way it shifts, but a couple of things that I thought might have to do with gas saving functions have become noticeable, such as a rough idle after deceleration, inconsistent engine speed after deceleration and rpm spiking have been attributrd to the DCT. Again, I wish the DCT shifted either by the "stick" or by "flappy paddles", but for now, they don't. I'm happy with the car and would recommend it to anyone looking for a new car in that size.
K&N Filter.....
Not that I've seriously read up about the issue, but I'd be nervous about the new Hocus-Pocus-Focus automatics. I get that they're weird, but wouldn't want to risk investing in it. Flap paddles would be awesome. Ford needs to do some PR work here. I remember some 1st generation Aerostars in very nice condition being pushed off a cliff after their 3rd transmission change. Don't believe in new technology coming out from Ford. I'd buy one used in a few years if they prove to be reliable long-term.
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS
11-10-02
CALIBRATION UPDATE - AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION/ENGINE DRIVABILITY IMPROVEMENTS, AMBIENT TEMPERATURE DISPLAY - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/12/2011
SOME 2012 FOCUS VEHICLES BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/12/2011 MAY EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING ENGINE DRIVABILITY AND/OR AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION CONCERNS; RPM FLARE ON DECELERATION COMING TO A STOP, ROUGH IDLE ON DECELERATION COMING TO A STOP, INTERMITTENT ENGINE IDLE FLUCTUATIONS AT A STOP, INTERMITTENT VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL INOPERATIVE, INTERMITTENT HARSH ENGAGEMENT/SHIFT, ENGINE NO-START WITH ECT OPEN CIRCUIT FAULTS AND INTERMITTENT NO-CRANK/NO-START CONDITION AFTER PERFORMING NORMAL PC/ED PPT DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. THE VEHICLE MAY ALSO EXHIBIT DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTC) U0422, P00D2, P068A, P0850, P2610, P2832, P286F OR P2877. THE VEHICLE MAY ALSO EXHIBIT INTERMITTENT FALSE INITIALIZATION TO 21 C (70 F) ON THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER'S AMBIENT TEMPERATURE DISPLAY UPON ENGINE START UP. FOLLOW THE TSB SERVICE PROCEDURE STEPS TO CORRECT THE CONDITION.
See TSB for complete details
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Bear in mind that this is a TSB, not a recall nor mandatory repair. It may or may not apply to your vehicle.**
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
(11-10-2011, 02:45 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS
11-10-02
CALIBRATION UPDATE - AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION/ENGINE DRIVABILITY IMPROVEMENTS, AMBIENT TEMPERATURE DISPLAY - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/12/2011
SOME 2012 FOCUS VEHICLES BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/12/2011 MAY EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING ENGINE DRIVABILITY AND/OR AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION CONCERNS; RPM FLARE ON DECELERATION COMING TO A STOP, ROUGH IDLE ON DECELERATION COMING TO A STOP, INTERMITTENT ENGINE IDLE FLUCTUATIONS AT A STOP, INTERMITTENT VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL INOPERATIVE, INTERMITTENT HARSH ENGAGEMENT/SHIFT, ENGINE NO-START WITH ECT OPEN CIRCUIT FAULTS AND INTERMITTENT NO-CRANK/NO-START CONDITION AFTER PERFORMING NORMAL PC/ED PPT DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. THE VEHICLE MAY ALSO EXHIBIT DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODES (DTC) U0422, P00D2, P068A, P0850, P2610, P2832, P286F OR P2877. THE VEHICLE MAY ALSO EXHIBIT INTERMITTENT FALSE INITIALIZATION TO 21 C (70 F) ON THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER'S AMBIENT TEMPERATURE DISPLAY UPON ENGINE START UP. FOLLOW THE TSB SERVICE PROCEDURE STEPS TO CORRECT THE CONDITION.
See TSB for complete details
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Bear in mind that this is a TSB, not a recall nor mandatory repair. It may or may not apply to your vehicle.**

Thanks. It sounds like my car exhibits some of the symptoms. I have to go in and get a seatbelt replaced, so I'll talk to them then.
" The only perfect car is the one on the drawing board. The real ones will have something break eventually. A good car company will re-act and fix the things that go wrong, and not ignore the customer"
K&N Filter.....