Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Gatineau!!
Hey everyone, i guess its about time i post up here haha, my names JM, 21 years old annd live in Gatineau, Quebec. I just bought my first Focus and im loving it already. I bought a 2002 ZX5, twilight blue, with 210000kms.

Ive done my fair share of civics ( OttawaHondaClub ) and neons ( NeonCanada ). But its time to move on.

I already started doing stuff to it, and i just picked the car up a week ago haha, black housing headlights, hids, lunchbox delete, and picking up svt 5spokes on friday!

I look forward to spending time on this forum, and maybe make new friends and what not, maybe find people in my area.

If you guys want, you can add me on facebook, Jean-Michel R. Bilodeau
Vehicle: 2002 Focus ZX5 SES
Interior: '00 ZX3 shifter knob, Street Edition cluster, Full Street Edition interior swap
Drivetrain: MBRP Catback
Audio: JVC headunit, 2 10" Sony Subwoofers, Sony Amplifier
Exterior: Rear Wiper Delete, Blackhousing Headlights, 6000k HID's, Stubby antenna mod , SVT 5 Spoke rims, Mach1 front lip
Suspension: Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX, SVT rear swaybar
Welcome to the site!
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
Welcome!

I'm from the Ottawa area - I've added you to fb. There's a couple more ottawa-area owners on this forum but for the most part we're pretty low numbered.

Are you on MR too?
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
MR? Haha yea other then hondas its pretty low numbered for alot of car clubs i found
Interior: '00 ZX3 shifter knob, Street Edition cluster, Full Street Edition interior swap
Exterior: Rear Wiper Delete, Blackhousing Headlights, 6000k HID's, Stubby antenna mod , SVT 5 Spoke rims, Mach1 front lip
NSFW

MR - http://www.midnightruns.com - local car club for Ottawa, good bunch of guys, if you have thin skin, don't bother joining. These guys organize A LOT of track days, they are pretty hardkore guys for lapping events and such. You will have to prove previous lapping experience if you want to join them as they don't just let anyone come out and play with them.

Welcome to FC.net
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Oh ok thats cool, i was thinking about lapping/autocross with the focus, ive been alot with the civic and my buddys mazda3. Now call me a noob but whats NSFW? Lmao
NSFW = Not Safe For Work

MR = Midnight Runs. Great group of guys that lap at shannonville and calibogie regularly.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

More calabogie than anything, we didn't do 1 shanonville event last year.

$125 gets you 2 hours at bogie, evening lapping...

We'll be doing a shanonville event next year to get some of the newbs out. Great beginners track. If you have never been on the track before, don't even bother signing up for a bogie event with MR, we wont let you go. Even with previous experience, we usually want to see you have a driving school at bogie under your belt before we let you on with us. Last year we had some newbs that lied about their track experience and they caused major trains and frustration for the regulars.

MR is not safe for work - Introduction is mandatory - we want to get to know who is on our board. Part of the Introduction ritual is to post your best lesbian picture collection Wink
haha i never lapped with MR but went a few times with buddies who lap with them regularly.
A Black C5 Z06(exhaust, gumballs) and a 2000 Black Camaro SS. Calibogie is such a nice challenging track as far as corners go and doesnt have super long straight like Mosport where our little cars just get lapped.

I usually ride along with a buddy to mosport for a event put on by some 19 year old canadian lemans driver. this year it was a riot. alot of nice cars. even recognized some of the MR guys there. Red mustang, Turbo g35.

Went for hot laps in a GT3, brand new 911 Turbo and a 600hp GTR. Got some great footage on my Go-Pro

Mosport is a scary track. really really fast. apparently it is top 10 worldwide for average speed.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

Your talking about the Frank Ewald week-end at Mosport. Carrey (twin turbo g35) and Greg (red mustang) go every year along with a few other MR members. i was supposed to go this year but couldn't due to the broken leg. I want to go this year but I think all teh novice spots are already sold. Sad

http://www.frankewald.com

Bogie has some nice straights, but yeah, the course is not as fast as mosport, I can still hit 190-200 on the front straight at bogie though...
So how do i get my foot in the door lol?
Thats the 1! and if i am not mistaken the driver is kyle marcelli. Franks daughter is a fox! she can drive 2.

I also know pat preg, fred with the Supra, Getty.

You are right though very selective on who goes with them. they take their lapping serious.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

theres other clubs in Ottawa that have events with less restrictions. I know the trackwerks guys put together some events, so do the touge tuning guys. I don't even think you need helmets with the touge guys....yikes.

This is also a good club to join http://www.mco.org/ lots of the MR guys are part of the mco club also. MCO puts together some driving schools at Calabogie, a few of the MR guys are actual instructors on these events so signing up to one of these is a good way to get your foot in the door for future MR events at calabogie.

(11-30-2011, 04:50 AM)02_svt_guy Wrote: they take their lapping serious.

As we should. We've had very good luck at most of our events with very few "situations" arising and we want to keep it that way.

The core group of MR is like a tight knit family, we all got each others back.
[/quote]

As we should. We've had very good luck at most of our events with very few "situations" arising and we want to keep it that way.

The core group of MR is like a tight knit family, we all got each others back.

[/quote]

Couldnt agree more. I just wish it wasnt so damn expensive to lap and i wish i had a more capable ride. Cool

K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

your car is more than capable. Sure it wont keep up with some of the higher end cars, but that's whats nice about going with MR, its a wide range of cars out on the track, everything from your miatas to Z06's.

But yeah - I'm not sure how some of these guys afford it though. I went through 1 set of tires, and 2 sets of brakes this year ontop of the $$ fee's to get into the events....nevermind the gas bill. And I don't go as often like these guys do..2-3 track days a month for them is nothing.
Oh i know the MCO guys well so ill start with that haha thanks guys!
(11-30-2011, 05:24 AM)Flofocus Wrote: your car is more than capable. Sure it wont keep up with some of the higher end cars, but that's whats nice about going with MR, its a wide range of cars out on the track, everything from your miatas to Z06's.

But yeah - I'm not sure how some of these guys afford it though. I went through 1 set of tires, and 2 sets of brakes this year ontop of the $$ fee's to get into the events....nevermind the gas bill. And I don't go as often like these guys do..2-3 track days a month for them is nothing.

Ya fee's + up keep is killer. Ive done shannonville in my SVTF and Autocross but its my DD so if i wreck it at Calibogie or break something im screwed.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

(11-30-2011, 05:36 AM)JMCustoms Wrote: Oh i know the MCO guys well so ill start with that haha thanks guys!

Do it up! There're pictures on my facebook of me running my focus with the MCO people. They're an awesome group and I've got my MCO membership too. I think there's only two of us on MR who're autocrossers though. At least, I can't think of anyone else on MR who I've seen out at an MCO autocross.

aaaanyway

the focus can be competitive in the autocross segment. I ran E class +2 and managed to stay in the middle of my class. with a few suspension modifications for next year I should be able to finish in the top of my class... at least that's the hope.

I am also going to be using my Focus (it's mostly stock, btw, with only an ecu tune) for lapping.

I think MCO is a great way to get your foot in the door, it's what I did and I think I'm slowly starting to get into the racer's crowd.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
yeah, as mentioned the MR guys are more into lapping than autocrossing. I know the subaru guys are huge into auto crossing and are always telling me to go as it would improve my driving skills for the lapping days...I've just heard too many bad stories about too much standing around vs actually driving.
Mystake i would highly recommend beefing up your brakes and suspension before you lap. It is very hard on a car. 2 cents. alot more then Autocross.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS