Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackberry Playbook...
Ok, i know what you are thinking... This Jet guy is posting in the wrong section... here is how i tie in the blackberry playbook to the ICE section of this forum.

I have seen a mustang fit an Ipad into his car and use it as a replacement to his cd player... I just picked up a playbook thanks to RIM's incredible deal and i was thinking, why not the playbook? Size wise it would fit better then an Ipad and i could connect it to my bberry for maps and such. Does anyone see why this wouldn't work and would the work involved be enough to make it a bad idea? I want to see what you guys think, good and bad.

here is the link for the mustang with the ipad
http://www.stangnet.com/2010/06/20/apple...d-mustang/

thanks
Pioneer is thinking along the same lines with their appradio

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio

[Image: SPH-DA01_other_wiPhone4.jpg]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
That is a pretty nice looking unit from Pioneer. I was thinking about doing this with the playbook because i could make it removable and use it as i would normally then put it in place when im in my car.
A guy did something similar with an Ipad 2 in an F150 earlier this year.

I don't see why you couldn't do it with a playbook. I'm not sure how a playbook compares to an ipad/ipod when it comes to handling media, haven't really had much chance to play with a playbook. Like you though, at the prices the Playbook are going for I'm tempted to pick on up.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

if you can install a 10" ipad, then a 7" playbook should be easy!

I personally prefer the playbook bc of my bb. Also since my work supplies the bb, my data would be free. I also like the price of playbook(199 special)

let us know how it goes.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

what can a playbook do?

i dont get why ppl don't do onboard computers anymore? are these ipads and playbooks that much better? more so, how does all that connect in to the car speakers?
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
i think i would have to connect it to an amp, and hook the speakers into the the amp as well. im not going to start this project until the summer but when i do i will be sure to keep you guys updated. the best part about this is i can access FC when im on the go!
(12-03-2011, 09:04 AM)_JET_ Wrote: i think i would have to connect it to an amp, and hook the speakers into the the amp as well. im not going to start this project until the summer but when i do i will be sure to keep you guys updated. the best part about this is i can access FC when im on the go!

haha yeah that's cool just hope BB doesn't go under so you won't have to eventually 'upgrade' to apple
I have a 8" widesceen, touch screen in my dash...it fits with some modification...

[Image: car010.jpg]
can you explain the interior of your car?

I see a start/stop button, big knob, gauges.

I wanna know more, lol.
Not to thread-jack, but....

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/buil...plete.html

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/how-...death.html

I was thinking about this on the weekend and was wondering if the factory alarm and keyless entry is tied into the factory cd player. I know some cars this is the case, is it the case with the focus? ps mine is a 2007 if that makes a difference.
My '02 SVT had no issues with pulling the radio...dunno if it would work in another Focus though!
(12-06-2011, 12:41 AM)_JET_ Wrote: I was thinking about this on the weekend and was wondering if the factory alarm and keyless entry is tied into the factory cd player. I know some cars this is the case, is it the case with the focus? ps mine is a 2007 if that makes a difference.

do you mean RAP? when engine is shut off, radio stays on for 15 mins until door is open?
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(12-16-2011, 12:22 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote:
(12-06-2011, 12:41 AM)_JET_ Wrote: I was thinking about this on the weekend and was wondering if the factory alarm and keyless entry is tied into the factory cd player. I know some cars this is the case, is it the case with the focus? ps mine is a 2007 if that makes a difference.

do you mean RAP? when engine is shut off, radio stays on for 15 mins until door is open?

No i was wondering if the keyless entry is tied into the factory cd player... i think this is the case in some cars