Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Ztwsquared Ride
meford4u,Feb 24 2009, 01:31 PM Wrote:You know your old when you own a  green car.
[right][snapback]281602[/snapback][/right]

You know your old when you can remember the 70's
meford4u,Feb 24 2009, 12:31 PM Wrote:You know your old when you own a  green car.

You know you're old when you can sell a car to your son for him to keep up on his own. :P :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
meford4u,Feb 24 2009, 12:31 PM Wrote:You know your old when you own a  green car.

Did I NOT say I was IFFY on the colour - fawk me!

But with my age comes the wisdom to know a good deal when I see one, and fawk the colour it's wrapped in.

Besides .. .when I'm done with it even you will say that's the best looking old man's green Fusion you've ever seen.

And to be clear - - I took that colour under duress - they bribed me with lots of money - for the green in the driveway I put green in the bank, and I'm okay with that.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
You know you're old when your buddy is dating someone half their age... And isn't breaking any laws.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Really nice car.
No major issues to report with the Fusions since launch.

Beware of the pesky auto-temperature control head problems in cold weather.
06gtpony,Feb 24 2009, 10:40 PM Wrote:Really nice car.
No major issues to report with the Fusions since launch.

Beware of the pesky auto-temperature control head problems in cold weather.
[right][snapback]281629[/snapback][/right]

Y'know I hear about these issues all the time and yet I haven't run across any weird behaviour with my EATC in the Fusion yet. Even as low as -19C car starts, holds back on airflow until there's at least some heat to give and pumps it out as soon as it can until it hits the temp I set (21C)

Only oddness I've ever seen is that once it hits the assigned temp, it seems that during daytime the heat comes only from the floor and I get what seems like fresh outside air from the vents (which when it's -19C out is damn fresh lemme tell ya)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 24 2009, 11:56 PM Wrote:Y'know I hear about these issues all the time and yet I haven't run across any weird behaviour with my EATC in the Fusion yet.  Even as low as -19C car starts, holds back on airflow until there's at least some heat to give and pumps it out as soon as it can until it hits the temp I set (21C)

[right][snapback]281632[/snapback][/right]

It seems to be a random occurence with some vehicles.
When outdoor temperatures reach -20 celcius or below, the temperature control heads seem to reset themselves for no apparent reason. Essentially it will change all your settings to default when you start your car back up the next morning. I've only seen this in about 30% of vehicles produced out there.
Strange.
06gtpony,Feb 25 2009, 07:25 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Feb 24 2009, 11:56 PM Wrote:Y'know I hear about these issues all the time and yet I haven't run across any weird behaviour with my EATC in the Fusion yet.  Even as low as -19C car starts, holds back on airflow until there's at least some heat to give and pumps it out as soon as it can until it hits the temp I set (21C)

[right][snapback]281632[/snapback][/right]

It seems to be a random occurence with some vehicles.
When outdoor temperatures reach -20 celcius or below, the temperature control heads seem to reset themselves for no apparent reason. Essentially it will change all your settings to default when you start your car back up the next morning. I've only seen this in about 30% of vehicles produced out there.
Strange.
[right][snapback]281642[/snapback][/right]

Yup - happens to my 08 regularly - but I have no remote start on the manual so it is only a minor annoyance.

We have the remote start on the 09 but fortunately the EATC reset doesn't happen to that one.

Mark - is there a fix for it yet?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Ya My mom's 05 Five Hundred has some wierd or maybe normal issues with it. Set the heated seats and the temp you want and turn the engine off. Go to hit auto start or just start it normally and the seats are turned off and the temp is set back to 23C in Auto mode. But other than that the heat comes when it's ready.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Scorcher000,Feb 25 2009, 08:35 AM Wrote:Ya My mom's 05 Five Hundred has some wierd or maybe normal issues with it. Set the heated seats and the temp you want and turn the engine off. Go to hit auto start or just start it normally and the seats are turned off and the temp is set back to 23C in Auto mode. But other than that the heat comes when it's ready.
[right][snapback]281647[/snapback][/right]

The seats not coming back on after you shut the car down is normal (and a safety feature)

Imagine that you shut the car down with the seat heater set to on/high, then come back hours later not expecting the seat heat to be turned on...

...you'll probably pull what my late father did when I turned the seat heater on while he was test driving the Focus for me...

Trying to leave your seat while driving on the 403 while yelling &quot;Turn it off, turn it off, my @$$ is on fire!&quot; :ph34r:

But the temp changing from what it was last set at on the EATC when the car was shut down? That's definately not correct behaviour...

NefCanuck
ZTWsquared,Feb 25 2009, 08:45 AM Wrote:Mark - is there a fix for it yet?
[right][snapback]281644[/snapback][/right]

Funny you should ask that.
I was just reading an SSM (Service Message) from Ford earlier this week that requested dealers to NOT replace the control head units under warranty until an updated module is released. Ford is currently working on a revised part that should cure the problem, but unfortunately for now all of the replacement parts will just suffer the same problems as the ones that shipped from the factory.

So stay tuned I guess. LOL