Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading Sound System
Hello everyone.

I have been considering upgrading the stereo system in my car, I have pretty much determined that I will go with an Alpine/Ipod head unit.

I went to a stereo shop and asked the gentleman what he carried in terms of 5x7 speakers and came back to me with the opton of outfitting my car with Kaption speakers. 5x7 for the doors and rear, and maybe going with a 12" sub for bass.

Now I have dealt with JL audio in the past (when I was single and had more disposable income lol!!!) But now I have never really dealt with the Kaption series/product line.

So the underlying question is.... Has anyone in the focus community here dealt with or have had Kaption products at any time, and your thoughts on that product.

Thanks for your time guys!!!! :ph34r:

I have had kaption subs only not the components, they are really good speakers (use to made in Canada, not sure if they still are???) their rep was a really nice guy to but this was a long time ago when I was seriously competing. I think the JL's are a clearer sounding speaker and with the right box design hit harder, now I have only used w6, and w7 series JL;s , now you are in Scarborough, you should see steve at G and G electronics, the prices on JL are amazing however he doesnt sell Alpine but for that see Allan at KHF on Denison (west of warden), Tell them Both I sent you (David) actually KHF sells JL too, but for some reason G&G is always a bit cheaper but you can compare. Wanna buy my W7 <_< im thinking of getting out of the car audio thing and go with a simpler upgraded 8w7 :blink: in the SVT box???????
If you have any other questionsle me know, if you ever wanted to meet up here in Scarborough thats always an option.
David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
i too have experence with kaption subs .. but not components.. i was happy with my subs untill i had a bit more money to upgrade to something better.

Interior
Jvc headunit, , Kicker Zx 1000.1, 2 12" Kicker comp VR, Diamond plate floor mats

Power mods
FRPP spark plug wires, Volant CAI
I had Kaption components in my Mustang along with a 12 kaption sub and it sounded great. The amps you use will also play a big part in how good your speakers sound. I used a 4 channel P/G amp for the components and a 2 channel for the sub. Overall the sound was great and one 12 goes along way with a good amp.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Thanks guys on all your input, NoiSeeVT thank you for the shop input, I'll check them out!!!!!
i say check out hertz subs/speakers nd audiso amps you will never ever go wrong with that setup....audison makes thee best car audio amps..yea you pay alittle more but youwont be dissapointed with there products at all....if you come to hamilton go to east hamilton radio they sell both lines along with alpie kenwood rockford fostgate and pioneer
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
drunkinmonkey,Feb 20 2009, 01:32 PM Wrote:i say check out hertz subs/speakers nd audiso amps you will never ever go wrong with that setup....audison makes thee best car audio amps..yea you pay alittle more but youwont be dissapointed with there products at all....if you come to hamilton go to east hamilton radio they sell both lines along with alpie kenwood rockford fostgate  and pioneer
[right][snapback]281457[/snapback][/right]

audison and hertz are actually overrated, you can get alot better for cheaper, you are just paying for the name
Sean- 1998.5 Black/Blue CSVT #5906

fatphocus,Feb 20 2009, 02:01 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Feb 20 2009, 01:32 PM Wrote:i say check out hertz subs/speakers nd audiso amps you will never ever go wrong with that setup....audison makes thee best car audio amps..yea you pay alittle more but youwont be dissapointed with there products at all....if you come to hamilton go to east hamilton radio they sell both lines along with alpie kenwood rockford fostgate  and pioneer
[right][snapback]281457[/snapback][/right]

audison and hertz are actually overrated, you can get alot better for cheaper, you are just paying for the name
[right][snapback]281458[/snapback][/right]

not from what iv personally heard to me they sound the best
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Just a quick update so far, I now have installed an alpine head-unit iDA-X305

unit info

Just saving up for a set of Kenwood components, which the installer will fab up a template out of MDF for the front doors, and amp those as well.

Plus they are having a special with Kaption now on a 500 watt sub (12") with box and 500 watt amp combo deal, so I may be leaning towards that to put some bump in the trunk.

The deck is great, i got them to run the line/port to the drivers side cd holder/pocket. So all i have to do now is just connect my ipod or even memory card/stick/flash drive and off I go. I feel so technologically advanced lol! So much easier now than burning cd's.

I'll try and drop some updates/pics when the progress continues.
nice H/U looks like you got a good one..i was gonna get that one but since i dont have my computer up and running i stick to cd's or radio ....plus i wanted the dvd player and touch screen B)
Instagram @o_so_slo
Hey guys a long with the update on my head unit, just got back a little while ago from the stereo shop, added the next stage to the sound system.

For the fronts I went with a set of Kenwoods 6x8's --- KFC-P680C

http://www.kenwood.ca/Car_Entertainment/Sp...akers/KFC-P680C