Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Turbo Install Started!!!
Going for a drive tonight Big Grin just driving to the gas station, then doing a 2k-4k WOT pull... Bah I can't wait!!!
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
Weeeeew... Runs great... Need to turn my turbosmart dual port up a bit so it's a little stiffer... It was opening during my WOT run... All in all it ran great and pulled like a beast Smile pretty happy!!

[Image: 1bde60aa.jpg]
Kinda see the IC back there... No light this morning when I took em...
[Image: 4839f3c7.jpg]
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
nice welcome to the club....lol.....boost is addictive
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
where have everyone tapped for their bov and gauge?? pics would be helpful or a really good description lol!!
thanks in advance
Sweet set up man.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Thanks... Wish I could get it running properly... Thank god for a long weekend!!
looks good man welcome to the boost family...it will take you sometime to work out small bugs...im still working out bugs with mine...for example dummy that took my charge pipe off never tightened it back up properly did a nice rip and BANG car died instantly..turns out was just the intake pipe blew off the throttle body..all is good now
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Thanks, it feels good to be home lol!! Well I think I figured out the bewst leak problemo... The lines I tapped for the gauge and my bypass valve were regulated in the manifold by flappers or something lol... So I replaced the vac lines on em and cut my fuel regulator vac line and T'd my bypass valve into that then T'd my gauge off the vac line for the bypass vavle. MUCHH BETTER!! My boost gauge actually moves lol, and when I'm under the car watching the plunger in the bypass valve and move the throttle cable a bit I can actually see the plunger go down as the vac pressure decreases... I feel wayy better about the setup now Big Grin... Gonna do a datalog in a bit here when I get home from picking up the wife!! SmileSmile yay me lol
well that was fun lol... just got back from doing a log for fernando... saw 8lbs of boost just off the wastegate... thats good news Smile... limiter is still set at 4000 so that comes up pretty quick haha... cant wait to feel up to 6500 Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin EXCITING!! lol... gonna put my rims on this weekend as well... I'll need the grip I think
Time to change your Sig!
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
Yea... Not quite lol... Running into fuel problems during WOT... Drives fine, then WOT at 2k rpms it starts to accelerate fine, I can here the turbo spooling up, then right around 3k the afr drops to 18+ and car starts to hesitate/stumble, so I let off the gas, bypass valve releases, and afr returns back to normal... Fernando is pretty confused... And I'm pretty worried lol... Doing a boost leak test this week, and a vac leak test... I'm pretty sure it's neither of those.. I'm pretty torn right now... Wife wants me to return the car back to stock and sell everything then pick up either a new MS3 or used wrx sti... I'm conflicted lol
So did you get this finished and tuned ? I can fix that issue

Tom
Umm no... I took the Kit off... How can you fix it?? I believe you actually tuned this kit on the previous owners car... I did endless datalogs with Fernando to me prevail... Was leaning out real bad over 3200 rpms... I can send you my last log if you'd care to take a look
Sure send it but I am 100% sure I know what the issue is and could of got you running , why didnt you contact me , did you get your money back ? I also tune these with working knock sensors , you dont have to listen for knock with me tuning , if he had you doing that ?

send the log to hpdyno@aol.com I will take a look at it and tell you if it what I think it is

Tom
Email sent...
No matter how much fuel he added he couldnt get it to go rich is my bet , LOL I could of fixed that in one tune and you would be boosted right now and with me you wouldnt of been " listening " for spark knock which could / would of blown your engine , you would of been datalogging it and seeing where you had knock , the ECU would of been taking out the timing to keep the engine safe and changes could of safely been made so your engine was safe

You should get a refund

Tom
Bah!!! FML... That's exactly what he was suing... Added 80% extra fuel and nothing was changing... I didn't think duratecs had a working knock sensor??
100 % they have a working knock sensor , again its to bad you had to remove your turbo because your tuning didnt know how to tune your car

Why didnt you contact me ?

Tom
I was just fed up with everything... Car was down for a month and a half and wife was getting very VERY irritated... If I can save up the 550 for a new tune I'll toss the turbo back on and get you to tune it... Any donations or discount would be wicked!!! I guess I should talk to Fernando about getting some of my money back... Tom you wouldn't get in touch with Fernando would you?? Why is there such tension between all the tuners??
Like I said in the email , If I cannot tune your car you wont have to pay me , we can start the tuning to the point you feel I have gone past the issues you had before and then you pay me

Your issue wasnt with your car , I can tune it

He wouldnt listen to me if he would of he would of contacted me for help , I worked all the time with McNews and a few other places with tuning and had no issues , its just some tuners not all

Tom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming turbo install question(s) MuskokaZX3 6 3,166 03-11-2012, 04:51 AM
Last Post: MuskokaZX3
  Turbo Install Question Ignited83 6 2,795 12-09-2008, 04:00 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  Turbo Install Problem! focusonthis88 6 3,741 04-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Last Post: PIGEON1