Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metra Double Din Question
Alright so no one has answered this question i have the metra double din kit and have a Pioneer F90BT but when the head unit is installed how are you supposed to get it out? mine is extremely snug as i didn't want to dremel too much off, and the screws attaching to the side stick out the littlest bit so that it won't slide right back out. Any help with this would be amazing, unless no one has taken their double din's out before. I'll get better pictures of the problem i state.
[Image: IMG_1794_Medium.jpg]
What do you mean out at night time?
2007 Focus ZX3 SE Screaming Yellow
Mods: 7" Alpine Double Din In-Dash DVD, Projector Headlights w/ 8000K HID Upgrade, Tinted Windows, Tail lights and 3rd Brake, 17" Motegi MR125 Rims w/ 205 Falken FK452, Ford Racing Dampeners M-18000-ZX3, H&R Sport Springs
pulling the double din in which case is the f90bt out with the metra kit attached to it since you can get around the metra kit from the front to press the tabs in to release it
I believe most people would, Set It and Forget It!!! Big Grin

But the question above still stands. Why are you needing to take it out after putting it in?
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Mainly the reasoning behind pulling it out would be to tie other things into it, i have a Prestige APS997C 2-way car alarm and just making sure it doesn't need to be pulled out to get behind the deck or tie it into the deck. I figure there's push clips on the bezel that will hold the whole unit in without coming out as i have tested that. Also i tried reaching around through the glove box but that seems to be a bit hard to do to get right back there
Hmm well I guess you could just pre-wire or future jobs or just pop the whole bezel off.

If someone wants to steal your stereo, trust me, even a trunk monkey won't stop them.

http://www.calledtoyouthministry.com/vid...unk-monkey

[Image: attachment.php?s=bedbd65a245f905b842ebc3...1243772919]
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

lmao haha the trunk monkey, yeah the only problem is when you screw in the 4 screws for the bezel then put the metra kit and pioneer in you cant get to the screws so the bezel will be stuck without breaking it out i guess that would be a deterrent for criminals lol
(03-28-2012, 11:25 AM)0XDESVT Wrote: lmao haha the trunk monkey, yeah the only problem is when you screw in the 4 screws for the bezel then put the metra kit and pioneer in you cant get to the screws so the bezel will be stuck without breaking it out i guess that would be a deterrent for criminals lol

Yep that and dirty underwear hanging from the mirror lol

Honestly I have no idea how your gonna deal with this. Good luck.