Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*RANT* - Unbelievably Pissed Right Now
(04-10-2012, 12:28 PM)ANTHONYD Wrote: Wow. It's frustrating that in this day and age of social communication on line that companies continue to treat their customers so poorly.

Its a small industry with a very tuned in consumer. A few well placed complaints on Facebook, twitter and forums can do a lot of damage to a company. Why they would risk this is beyond me.

So sorry to hear what your going through. Sad

Yup. Still no apology. Still no acknowledgement that I paid a mechanic real money to install an engine they said was absolutely perfect and now I'm seriously out of pocket because they lied.

It's all about them. How they got "hoodwinked," how they sold it to me for less than they bought it for ... because I had it for so long maybe now they have no recourse against the company that sold it to them ... how they don't really know whether or not I did something to it (riiiiggghhhht - I knew it was nfg but I paid to install it anyway) ... and statements like "well if you don't want to send it back what more do you want from me?"

Well how about you apologize for the tremendous inconvenience you caused me ... how about you pay for me to send it back and how about you compensate me for the enormous expense you caused me - why don't you promise a full and prompt refund, instead of a possible fix or refund ... or how about you get creative and offer to pay for the engine to be repaired up here ... how about you don't make me jump through so many fuckin' hoops and pull so many teeth to get things right ... why don't we start with that.

Yeah - they have a funny idea about customer service that's for sure.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(04-10-2012, 09:24 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 12:28 PM)ANTHONYD Wrote: Wow. It's frustrating that in this day and age of social communication on line that companies continue to treat their customers so poorly.

Its a small industry with a very tuned in consumer. A few well placed complaints on Facebook, twitter and forums can do a lot of damage to a company. Why they would risk this is beyond me.

So sorry to hear what your going through. Sad

Yup. Still no apology. Still no acknowledgement that I paid a mechanic real money to install an engine they said was absolutely perfect and now I'm seriously out of pocket because they lied.

It's all about them. How they got "hoodwinked," how they sold it to me for less than they bought it for ... because I had it for so long maybe now they have no recourse against the company that sold it to them ... how they don't really know whether or not I did something to it (riiiiggghhhht - I knew it was nfg but I paid to install it anyway) ... and statements like "well if you don't want to send it back what more do you want from me?"

Well how about you apologize for the tremendous inconvenience you caused me ... how about you pay for me to send it back and how about you compensate me for the enormous expense you caused me - why don't you promise a full and prompt refund, instead of a possible fix or refund ... or how about you get creative and offer to pay for the engine to be repaired up here ... how about you don't make me jump through so many fuckin' hoops and pull so many teeth to get things right ... why don't we start with that.

Yeah - they have a funny idea about customer service that's for sure.

Time for a Lawyer?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
cross border which means $$ for a lawyer

and then, $$ for a lawyer. It'd be 10x cheaper to fix the engine himself than to lawyer up.

Ken it sounds like its time to go public on FJ about this.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
(04-11-2012, 03:20 AM)Mystake Wrote: sounds like its time to go public on FJ about this.
This!

Sorry to hear about all the BS Ken!

(04-11-2012, 09:23 PM)castone Wrote:
(04-11-2012, 03:20 AM)Mystake Wrote: sounds like its time to go public on FJ about this.
This!

Sorry to hear about all the BS Ken!

Thanks for all the support guys - I appreciate it. As for FJ that is an option I can use when the time comes and I will ask for your support again.

In the meantime I've been communicating with GapBoyPcs who is a super-moderator on FJ and he has been forwarding my progress (or lack of it) to the owner of FJ.

GapBoyPcs is also a member on here and lives in Waterloo and works in Toronto. His name is Richard and he is not only active on FJ he is also very active with the SVT owners club in TO - he is famous for having a good running Focus with over 500,000 km on it.

Anyway - for the time being I will be using the back-door route at FJ and will go public there only as a last resort.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

Is Richard still alive?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
(04-11-2012, 09:55 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: Is Richard still alive?

LOL - yes he is - and even more amazingly his 2000 Focus is too with more than 500,000 clicks; although I think he also now has a 2012 Focus.

UPDATE:
They're still being crusty but I've finally convinced them to pay for the return shipping and I just received the bill of lading from the trucking company - I have to drop it off in North Tonawanda.

So I guess the next step is to return it and see if they keep their word and I get a full and prompt refund.

With what I've been through with them frankly I'm not holding my breath - stay tuned.

Holy hell. Lessons learned here for sure, which is sad because you never want to have to try to make it sound positive.

Any luck Ken?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
(04-21-2012, 03:03 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: Holy hell. Lessons learned here for sure, which is sad because you never want to have to try to make it sound positive.

Any luck Ken?

Well the ball is in my court right now - they've sent me a freight waybill and I have to drop the engine off at a trucking company in western NY.

But now - I've got the oil light in my car coming on and with 238k clicks I simply don't want to put any money into fixing it (unless it was a full build but I don't have the time or budget to do that in the short term) ...

So - I've got a rebuilder looking at the borked engine I got from Topspeed to see just what might be involved in getting it back to running condition - it still might be my most cost effective and quickest way to get a new engine into the track rat.

Honestly Adam I can't ever remember having so much grief with a car - I guess it was just my time has come. Oh well - it could always be worse - I can always look at what Leo's been through and be happy with my lot; no offense to Leo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  *RANT* Joins ZTW aswell being Pissed off Feral 21 10,724 04-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Last Post: tetra